Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

2017 Shanghai China GP - Who will dominate ?

Merc lost because they were stuck behind Verstappen. Just as Vettel was stuck behind Hamilton, just as Verstappen was stuck behind Kimi.. The only movers in the top five were Vettel up one - only through pit stops and only after Hamilton (down one) got stuck in traffic..

Dominate? Mercedes and Ferrari.

RBR could have a say but dominate, nope.

Everyone else might as well be invisible.

9 hours ago, Unknown? said:

Merc lost because they were stuck behind Verstappen. Just as Vettel was stuck behind Hamilton, just as Verstappen was stuck behind Kimi.. The only movers in the top five were Vettel up one - only through pit stops and only after Hamilton (down one) got stuck in traffic..

I just don't think Mercedes has the required aero to follow like the Ferrari. Like I've mentioned a few times already, Lewis had fresher tyres, got the tow, had Drs plus this suposide extra 30+hp the Mercedes has over the Renault engine and still couldn't get by. If it is some aero issue with Mercedes, it could turn out to be bigger than first anticipated.

Papa (Jos) Verstappen most likely is not going to be in the paddock for a while. It seems that he has some other issues on his mind right now (police, doctor). His son seems to inherit a few of his father's traits, judging from some of his responses* last year. I would say he better loose those in a hurry, if he wants to survive in the series as a driver. (*I will drive him off the road, and so on).

48 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Papa (Jos) Verstappen most likely is not going to be in the paddock for a while. It seems that he has some other issues on his mind right now (police, doctor). His son seems to inherit a few of his father's traits, judging from some of his responses* last year. I would say he better loose those in a hurry, if he wants to survive in the series as a driver. (*I will drive him off the road, and so on).

JOS VERSTAPPEN BEATEN UP IN CLUB BRAWL

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I just don't think Mercedes has the required aero to follow like the Ferrari. Like I've mentioned a few times already, Lewis had fresher tyres, got the tow, had Drs plus this suposide extra 30+hp the Mercedes has over the Renault engine and still couldn't get by. If it is some aero issue with Mercedes, it could turn out to be bigger than first anticipated.

But the following Ferrari couldn't pass the Mercedes either! Not only that but it couldn't even attempt an overtake! 

Anyway, I promised I'd hold my fire until after Bahrain, let's hope Australia was a one-off or at the very least a minority in terms of on circuit excitement..

Seb was able to follow a lot closer if he wanted to, I think he was biding his time for the stops. Not sit to close to chew the tyres but just enough to give Lewis a glimpse in the mirror. 

I still agree with you in the sense it's still premature to say who is exactly where as we have a few variety of circuits coming up, Melbourne isn't really a level playing field.

3 hours ago, Unknown? said:

But the following Ferrari couldn't pass the Mercedes either! Not only that but it couldn't even attempt an overtake! 

Anyway, I promised I'd hold my fire until after Bahrain, let's hope Australia was a one-off or at the very least a minority in terms of on circuit excitement..

True,

But it performed better in the slipstream. I read an article that emphazised that Ferrari has deliberately designed their car that way. And I'm still of the opinion that Melbourne, being notoriously difficult with overtaking, did'nt give us a true picture

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

True,

But it performed better in the slipstream. I read an article that emphazised that Ferrari has deliberately designed their car that way. And I'm still of the opinion that Melbourne, being notoriously difficult with overtaking, did'nt give us a true picture

Brad, I don't think anyone watching F1 for a while would argue about it. From where I sit there are three phases of the season as I see them. First several races before you can sort out a pecking order. Second one slightly later to confirm who has good run with in-season development race, and last one in September who emerges with stamina to keep it up to the last race as oppose to those who has given up on this season.  :P

SkyBet rates a second race Verstappen higher than Ricciardo, or 20/1 to 28/1 respectively.  Hamilton is 1/1 second time in a row. I do not gamble, but it is interesting to observe how others are gauging the forthcoming race. Vettel at one point was rated in 9th place, now he is in second place, however still too far behind Hamilton (11/8). Bookies must have obviously some information which I don't have. Lack of trust in Ferrari is glaring.

Speaking of Ricciardo, I just watched an interview where they ask the usual questions then one was asked that I found quite interesting, "who's the most nicest guy in f1". Daniel said Massa is a genuine guy, real nice,he said he also got on with Jenson real well and gets on well with Marcus Ericsson but he then says "in terms of most honest person, I'd have to say Vettel,Seb. I've always felt when I looked him in the eyes, that he was telling me straight, nothing he was leaving out, at least that's my experience with him anyway". I was quite surprised by this comment and IMO shows Ricciardo still has respect for Sebastian.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Speaking of Ricciardo, I just watched an interview where they ask the usual questions then one was asked that I found quite interesting, "who's the most nicest guy in f1". Daniel said Massa is a genuine guy, real nice,he said he also got on with Jenson real well and gets on well with Marcus Ericsson but he then says "in terms of most honest person, I'd have to say Vettel,Seb. I've always felt when I looked him in the eyes, that he was telling me straight, nothing he was leaving out, at least that's my experience with him anyway". I was quite surprised by this comment and IMO shows Ricciardo still has respect for Sebastian.

Interesting. Massa is popular in Japan not only because of many Brazilian/Japanese here but he is straight froward. In this case I would also put Dan there as one of them likeable guys.

He seems to show abit of passion and excitement doesn't he? Seems well deciplined and thanks all who helps him.

@radical-one

i also heard years ago that Mika Hakkinen was loved in Japan and apparently always had young Japanese girls around the hotels he was staying at.

10 minutes ago, radical-one said:

hahaha !!

The most famous for that (Japanese girls)  was Jenson Button !  

I remember first time I've arrived to Japan, changed planes and flew from Narita to Tokushima 1992, well before Kansai Airport was completed. When we landed, I was pondering whether I should get off the plane, or stay and get married to one of the stewardesses. :blush::lol:

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

hahaha !!

The most famous for that (Japanese girls)  was Jenson Button !  

Ohh yea how could I forget jense?

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

I remember first time I've arrived to Japan, changed planes and flew from Narita to Tokushima 1992, well before Kansai Airport was completed. When we landed, I was pondering whether I should get off the plane, or stay and get married to one of the stewardesses. :blush::lol:

I don't blame yah:P

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Ohh yea how could I forget jense?

Ha I got you ! 

He was really famous in the Roppongi clubs , in fact until last year.

Hamilton was 1:1 for quite a while, this morning I see him 5:4 for the race (SkyBet)

Vettel 7:4

Kimi 11:1

Verstappen 11:1

Bottas 13:1

Ricciardo 16:1

Alonso 300:1

Ferrari should continue winning before Hamilton picks up the pace. Last year and the year before (If i remember right) Nico won the first few races until Lewis gets back.

It will be good for Ferrari/Vettel to keep winning for now and try to keep the lead onwards, plus try keeping the pressure on Mercs.

I think this race is going to be completely different from Melbourne tbh, it's totally different. It's a more "front end" circuit compared to Melbourne so it should show some gains and weaknesses we didn't see before.