Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 3 Bahrain

The race is run at night, although it’s still hot at that time and afterwards, some of the team will stay on for two days of testing on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Ferrari presents: Play here

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/races/2017/Bahrain.html

In theory, this should remain two teams playground, but one never knows. RBR is reported to bring a new car to Spain.

That's still Spain what another two races away?, Vettel or Hamilton could potentially have an extra 50 points by then. Redbull are to far behind already IMO. Like Schumacher said, to win a championship, you have to be more consistant than ever in the early round of the championship when teams are giving away points due to errors and reliability.

F1Today:https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/224763/bahrain-grand-prix-2017

Statistics from 2016  
Best time in FP1: 1:32.294 (Rosberg)
Best time in FP2: 1:31.001 (Rosberg)
Best time in FP3: 1:31.683 (Raikkonen)
Best time in Q1: 1:31.325 (Rosberg)
Best time in Q2: 1:30.039 (Hamilton)
Best time in Q3: 1:29.493 (Hamilton)
Fastest lap: 1:34.482 (Rosberg)
Total race time: 1 hour, 33 minutes and 35 seconds
Average speed in the race: 197.6 kph
Top speed in the race: 340.5 kph
Podium: Rosberg / Raikkonen / Hamilton
Winning strategy: 3 stops, on laps 13, 30 and 39
Total number of pit stops: 53
Number of 'normal' overtaking: 39
Number of overtaking with the DRS: 48
DNF's: 5

Circuit Characteristics  
Number of corners: 15 (6 to the left, 9 to the right)
From the start to the first corner: 501.9 meters
Braking Points: 8, 4 of which are heavy
Full throttle percentage in a lap 63 percent
Gear changes in a lap 54
Highest lateral G-force 3.8g in turn 12
Length of pit lane under pitlimiter: 420 meters
Duration of journey in pits at 80 km per hour: 18.9 seconds
Fuel consumption

High

Sweet, cheers sakae. Be Intresting to compare lap times and top and average speeds.

Today: pretty good bunch of guys on that site

ICE - Internal Combustion Engine  

TC - Turbocharger

MGU-K  - Motor Generator Unit - Kinetic

MGU-H - Motor Generator Unit - Heat

ES - Energy Store

CE - Control Electronics

Driver ICE TC MGU-H MGU-K ES CE
44. Hamilton 1 1 1 1 1 1
77. Bottas 1 1 1 1 1 2
3. Ricciardo 1 1 1 1 1 2
33. Verstappen 1 1 1 1 1 2
5. Vettel 1 1 1 1 1 1
7. Raikkonen 1 1 1 1 2 2
11. Perez 1 1 1 1 1 1
31. Ocon 1 1 1 1 1 1
18. Stroll 1 1 1 1 1 1
19. Massa 1 1 1 1 1 1
2. Vandoorne 1 2 2 1 1 1
14. Alonso 1 1 1 1 1 1
26. Kvyat 1 1 1 1 1 1
55. Sainz 1 1 1 1 1 1
8. Grosjean 1 2 2 1 1 1
20. Magnussen 1 1 1 1 1 1
27. Hülkenberg 1 1 1 1 1 1
30. Palmer 1 1 1 1 1 1
9. Ericsson 1 1 1 1 1 1
94. Wehrlein / 36. Giovinazzi 1 1 1 1 1 2

FP 1 and 2

Looks like Hamilton is taking it easy, and will step on it tomorrow in qualy. He is not fooling anybody. Bottas, in contrast, is meanwhile fighting for his future with the team. 

Brakes are overheating...

Realistically there are 3 drivers who have a shot. Kimi, Hamilton, and Seb. Bottas is not ready yet to win. Not sure about RBR in that heat. DR was 0.066 sec of the pace, and Horner termed as strange. I wonder what has he expected. Maybe he forgot who Vettel is.  

Nah the Redbull seems quicker in the heat IMO, but Ferrari are just on another planet ATM.

Back to row 2 for Ferrari? I thought they has some new (supposedly better) stuff mounted on. Well, race is tomorrow. Hamilton seems also little bit sleepy. What's with this understeer setup? This might be a long Sunday. 

What a job by bottas, I didn't expect him to strike against Lewis so soon, good stuff.

Fastest lap:

2016  Rosberg    1 34 482

2017  Vettel         1 34 503

Best Driver:  Vettel
Best Team:  Ferrari
Best Overtake:  Vettel - 1st lap
And the race in a sentence: Evolving (project in development) - Rating 6 (10 is best). Vettel wasn't racing at the end, just controlling gap. No challenge behind him to speak off.

Seb volunteered to perform on-track testing in couple of days.

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Absolute cracker of a race! Turning out to be abit of a classic, only 3 races in:D

Yeah. I am happy that at least you came on board to say something. I was already thinking that I will be left alone celebrating. Nothing is permanent, but the season start is developing slightly better for Ferrari and their drivers, than some experts predicted. 

Qualy, and getting well off the starting line on Sunday seems pretty important. Driver, car, strategy, pitstop must all come together. I should perhaps add little but of luck that SC stays put and does not messing things up.

Yes, development is crucial. Commentators were observing Ferrari bringing every bit they can in terms of updates.

The winner of this race usually goes on to win the championship. Go Seb!!!

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, development is crucial. Commentators were observing Ferrari bringing every bit they can in terms of updates.

The winner of this race usually goes on to win the championship. Go Seb!!!

Someone asked Seb about it after the race. Vettel naturally refused to be drawn into any speculations. There is a lot of outsiders who do believe that Ferrari did not really won anything as much as Mercedes lost a lot. I do remain however convinced, that it was not just a car which won Vettel's 4 WDC, and he will remain pain for a lot of people through the season give just half chance. 

Seb last year was under fire from a lot of people, whether he deserved or not, but suddenly what we see (and not surprised by it), when car is not so good, heavenly magicians - as some see them - Alonso and Hamilton, do not really bring the car on the podium high, if not everything does not clicks right. In the world when fractions of a second make difference on your placing, one has to be careful how much any of factors involved is promoted.

0.4 sec of the lead can put you on P3 in qualy. That's after car rides full distance of 5.4 km. Last weekend time converted into linear distance of 15 cm made the difference between Bottas and Vettel. It all makes one wonder whether our ability to measure those cars is really as good as we are assuming it is.

Lauda thinks they should have won that race, Ricciardo thinks they will win the same race, so I gather at the end Vettel is just one lucky ba**ed, isn't he?

Re:so I gather at the end Vettel is just one lucky ba**ed, isn't he?
>Indeed statistics DON`T lie.
Look at the facts since he LEFT Red Bull
I AM amazed by his SKILL,  all of the podiums, fastest laps  poles ...

14 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yeah. As always

Things are pretty quiet around here too hey :D

Makes one left wondering what happened? Is this normal around here?

That was a GREAT race IMO, and I think this is going to be a fantastic season. But it's all fun and games until one of these t-wings comes off and hits someone in the eye.  I wonder how long it'll be before they're gone.