Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

It is just smoke & mirrors.
Alonso retired the car on the penultimate lap, to make a point to Honda (not completing, but as good-as).
Alonso WILL NOT move, he WILL see out his contract.
These last 2 years are what Alonso HAS invested his time for.
Who is EVERYBODY talking about - NOT the race winner
The WORLD is talking about Mclaren-Honda, that IS better
marketing than a fizzy-drink

Not at ALL
Alonso IS just doing, what he is PAID to do
I would love to SEE Alonso storm through the pack,  or ANY McLaren driver!!!
Honda HAVE provided a $h!tty PU,  for the 2017 season

20 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Alonso IS just doing, what he is PAID to do

Continuously complaining in public it's not me, it's them? We were already told about it, we aren't dumb, so why this samurai-actor has to repeat it every time a microphone appears in sight? Sounds like a child crying for help.

17 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

are you suggesting that it' not true that the Honda PU is significantly down on power compared to the others? Was that PU designed by Alonso? 

Not at all. What I am however thinking is, that sense of decency has evaporated, if there was one to begin with. The issue with equipment was raised (unfortunately) in public, we all are aware of it, however enough is enough, and I think he should be quiet, do his job and stay polite, instead that never ending purpose lacking tirade. If he cannot control himself, maybe he is not a driver who should drive for Honda.

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Not at all. What I am however thinking is, that sense of decency has evaporated, if there was one to begin with. The issue with equipment was raised (unfortunately) in public, we all are aware of it, however enough is enough, and I think he should be quiet, do his job and stay polite, instead that never ending purpose lacking tirade. If he cannot control himself, maybe he is not a driver who should drive for Honda.

the sense of decency was there the first year, then Honda's problems became too much, if you guys read carefully what Vandoorne says it's not much different from what Alonso says

Also when we have drivers who are just PR machines we want drivers who are open and straightforward, when we have drivers who are open and straightforward we want drivers who keep quiet, what should a driver say? speak his mind or let a PR consultant do the talking? Alonso is too harsh, Vettel was moaning all the time, Hamilton is called a brat by many, what are these guys supposed to do?

4 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Vettel was moaning all the time, ...

You do not believe that, do you? 

Here is the think. I cannot say everything what's on my mind, and that is for more than one of several reasons. Why would I demand the same thing from millionaires drivers? All what I would really expect is from them to stay polite representatives of people who feed them. It's not much to ask, is it? 

As part of that effort, Honda's F1 chief Yusuke Hasegawa says some development concepts will be trialled by McLaren's Oliver Turvey and Stoffel Vandoorne this week to help improve understanding of what needs to be done.

Why is Alonso not testing? In contrast, Vettel will test for Ferrari this week.

Re:...repeat it every time a microphone appears in sight?
>That's SIMPLE - because it IS a GP2 engine mascaraing as a F1 engine

Journalist: How is the performance of the car this year?

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: So you really think the car is good?

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: But certainly, the results, I mean, you must have some concern after three years like this.

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: So according to you, this is the the best of your career.

Alonso: Clearly, no...

Journalist: (interrupts) Hold on! I have my headline...

ALONSO GIVES ULTIMATUM TO THE WHOLE JAPANESE RACE AND DEMANDS THE CASTRATION OF A CHILD FOR EVERY DAY HE IS NOT ON THE PODIUM

Haters: The Spaniard is constantly whining!!!!! and complaining!!!!! when he always has the best car in the grid!!!!!

And, meanwhile, the F1 legerdemain carries on...

29 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I don't recall Seb ever suing Autosprint and the likes for libel during his last season at RBR ;)

I have no memory about Vettel conducting legal battle with media (I do not read Autosprint), but if it happened, I would have to applaud, because some stuff I read in 2014 (and some of it we read even today) was really out of norm of civility and not very accurate in presentation either. (Out of context situational analyses, painfully flawed statistical analyses, etc.)

In essence the issue today is, that we all know that Honda is struggling and paying hefty price along way, be it in PR arena, or real cost to them. Maybe that's enough of salt that was tossed into the wound. There was no need for it in first instance, nor is need for it to continue IMHO. 

@maure Haters: The Spaniard is constantly whining!!!!! and complaining!!!!! when he always has the best car in the grid!!!!!

In political arena do exists dictators who declared one time or another - unless you are with us, than you are against us. Paradoxically, this ludicrous statement can be applied here as well. Just because someone does not agree with person's very public behavior, I would consider it as unreasonable to label those people as haters. Life does not runs from one extreme to another.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I have no memory about Vettel conducting legal battle with media (I do not read Autosprint), but if it happened, I would have to applaud, because some stuff I read in 2014 (and some of it we read even today) was really out of norm of civility and not very accurate in presentation either. (Out of context situational analyses, painfully flawed statistical analyses, etc.)

In essence the issue today is, that we all know that Honda is struggling and paying hefty price along way, be it in PR arena, or real cost to them. Maybe that's enough of salt that was tossed into the wound. There was no need for it in first instance, nor is need for it to continue IMHO. 

Sakae my point is that in 2014 Vettel was very very vocal about his car, Renault etc, same as every other top driver. When things don't go according to plans Hamilton is very vocal, Kimi is very vocal, Vettel is very vocal, and so is Alonso, the only difference is that Alonso has to live with the worst engine on the grid and that this has been going on for 3 seasons now whereas for the others it's either a wrong strategy call, the odd mechanical issue, a car that doesn't suit their driving style 100%, etc. All top sporsmen have only one thing in mind, winning, and when they don't win they are not happy.

What do you exapect Alonso to do? Say that the Honda engine is fantastic and that he lifts on a straight line because despite a very strong engine he enjoys being last? What I really struggle to understand is what Alonso is supposed to say

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Why is Alonso not testing? In contrast, Vettel will test for Ferrari this week.

maybe the clue is in Autosport's latest article

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129045/more-honda-trouble-after-just-two-laps-of-test

why bother if they can't even run the car?

Alonso said what he said, in his own words, being right or wrong. Then he said that again, and again. As a long time follower of a sport, I cannot escape associated headlines, and all what I wish now is, that he keeps quiet. The story is repetitive, monotonous, and on several levels boringly repulsive. We all know by now in what situation he is, and almost everyone feels sorry for him. I am not so sure that was the case with Vettel in 2014. Alonso accepted risk when he signed on the bottom line. It could happen, it did happen, and now - warp yourself around it and deal with it like a man.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Alonso said what he said, in his own words, being right or wrong. Then he said that again, and again. 

Alonso told that to his engineer, the fact that every race FOM decides to broadcast such messages between driver and pit wall has nothing to do with Alonso, if his engineer asks him how the car is going is he supposed to keep quiet on the basis that some fans might be bored by this? I understand that it's becoming a fixture of every GP the radio message where Alonso says that he's slow on the straight, but there are two options to solve this, one is that Alonso says that the car is very quick, the other is that Honda after 3 years finally delivers

44 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

maybe the clue is in Autosport's latest article

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129045/more-honda-trouble-after-just-two-laps-of-test

why bother if they can't even run the car?

motosport.com

Problem - waterleak - new engine needs to be replaced

It is understood that the engine being used by Turvey was a new test specification that had been shipped from Honda's Sakura facility in Japan, with the replacement unit being fitted also a new one.

I thought feedback regarding new engine spec from an experienced driver could be valuable, methinks. Who is Turvey?

Sakae - Y R U SOOO interested in Alonso`s underwear?
Do U HAVE inside knowledge/sources 2 JUSTIFY UR statement or simply speaking from experience?

On 4/18/2017 at 11:45 AM, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Sakae my point is that in 2014 Vettel was very very vocal about his car, Renault etc, same as every other top driver. When things don't go according to plans Hamilton is very vocal, Kimi is very vocal, Vettel is very vocal, and so is Alonso, the only difference is that Alonso has to live with the worst engine on the grid and that this has been going on for 3 seasons now whereas for the others it's either a wrong strategy call, the odd mechanical issue, a car that doesn't suit their driving style 100%, etc. All top sporsmen have only one thing in mind, winning, and when they don't win they are not happy.

What do you exapect Alonso to do? Say that the Honda engine is fantastic and that he lifts on a straight line because despite a very strong engine he enjoys being last? What I really struggle to understand is what Alonso is supposed to say

21 April 2017,  7:35

Prompted by your remarks, I have subsequently done some research in areas which I usually do follow only in cursory manner, and you are correct about radio com. Vettel was quite direct with his team regarding car performance at least in one race which I've checked on. We are lucky there was no garden furniture around so he could sit in it for all to see. B)

Frederic Vasseur - "What I like is competition, not the car, and the public wants a fight, not a performance".

2 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

they all are

Well yes; I've noticed some recent conversations perhaps should have been kept private. Maybe time is ripe there should be some rules what is released, and how media are editorializing it. 

ALONSO: MY INDY 500 ADVENTURE IS ABOUT COMPETING AGAINST THE BEST

Silly me, and I thought it is the F1 which claims to have best drivers. Pretty confusing claims, but then considering the source...