Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

Lewis Hamilton has admitted that past experiences with Fernando Alonso could prevent the two from ever becoming teammates again.

(Hamilton)..."My relationship with Fernando was toxic and it intoxicated the whole team. So yes it was personal. There are people with whom you get along and others who you cannot coexist with in any way. If you put two world champions in the same team, each will try to do his best and neither will give way on a single corner. There is too much friction."

Sounds familiar, because this sentiment is valid with fans as well.

This IS code - Lewis Hamilton EXPECTS preferential treatment.
Lewis Hamilton DEMANDS to be number 1 in the team      

Fernando Alonso HAS worked for HIS world titles.
Lewis Hamilton HAS walked into the BEST car for HIS titles.
HAS Lewis Hamilton EVER have to challenge !!!
Lewis has ALWAYS been in the FASTER car!!

11 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Fernando Alonso HAS worked for HIS world titles.
Lewis Hamilton HAS walked into the BEST car for HIS titles.
HAS Lewis Hamilton EVER have to challenge !!!
Lewis has ALWAYS been in the FASTER car!!

All I know is that both of the above will not get another championship in the future :lol::mf_tongue:

This year is Ferrari and the next 2 years will either be Ferrari or RB.:banana-wave:

Then it's father time :P

I don't like Alonso one bit. There is nothing likeable about him at all. But he deserves better than Honda. Other than Verstappen, he is still easily the best driver on the grid. 

Mercedes customer team , William s

Performing well - BUT SO R Honda
8&12 but still a lot of laps to complete

Is Alonso coming back to Ferrari and replacing Kimi? DR of RBR is to replace Vettel. Rumor at street level has it, that DR has a verbal agreement with Ferrari. Scanning media, there seems to be quite a lot of unhappiness with performance of current Ferrari drivers. Question only is, that unhappiness on whose part, and how justified is it? Makes one wonder if Sebastian is then retiring by the end of this season (and I am not predicting he will, but slim chances exist), or moving elsewhere, which I doubt. I don't think him and Wolff are on friendly level so it is not Mercedes where he would be going. Moreover, I heard from lesser known quarters who do know him well, that after Baku, there is huge strain between him and Arrivabene. Whether it is reparable remains to be seen. Rumor mill is at full swing.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is Alonso coming back to Ferrari and replacing Kimi? DR of RBR is to replace Vettel. Rumor at street level has it, that DR has a verbal agreement with Ferrari. Scanning media, there seems to be quite a lot of unhappiness with performance of current Ferrari drivers. Question only is, that unhappiness on whose part, and how justified is it? Makes one wonder if Sebastian is then retiring by the end of this season (and I am not predicting he will, but slim chances exist), or moving elsewhere, which I doubt. I don't think him and Wolff are on friendly level so it is not Mercedes where he would be going. Moreover, I heard from lesser known quarters who do know him well, that after Baku, there is huge strain between him and Arrivabene. Whether it is reparable remains to be seen. Rumor mill is at full swing.

My impression is that Wolff is trying very hard to avoid any friction with Vettel, maybe he's hoping to lure him to Mercedes.

Regarding Alonso and Ferrari, why not? Nando had problems with only one person at Ferrari, Marco Mattiacci, Mattiacci sort of pushing him out and the powers that be at Ferrari and FCA were so impressed with Mattiacci's actions that they fired him... 

Assuming that Vettel goes to Mercedes Ferrari would be in the position of having to find 2 drivers, they certainly would want at least one experienced driver and there's not many around (plus Alonso knows how Ferrari work, he knows all the key people, etc), so hiring Alonso would make a lot of sense for them, then they could hire a younger talent like Verstappen, Sainz, Perez, etc. Ricciardo? Maybe, but from the rumours circulating it seems that his contract with RBR is not as favourable as Verstappen's (who, some say, managed to include a performance clause) and so it won't be easy for him to set himself free of RBR

I cannot find rational reasons which could explain or justify Vettel's move to Mercedes. He has never made any overture to them, and if Ferrari let him go, I think he would rather retire. This is all very subjective perception of mine, but there is nothing else to lean on at the moment. Wolff was using very strong language after Baku while critiquing Vettel, thus effectively I think burn all bridges for those two to be in the same room talking about warm racing relationship. Besides, can anyone see Vettel playing lackey to Hamilton? I don't. I also believe that Mercedes has lost management control of that individual and no amount of rhetoric can convince anyone otherwise. (re: Rosberg, hey Seb, can I give you warning?)

At the moment I think it is 50/50 that Seb will stay with Ferrari and race in F1 next year. Seb is angry and it is not looking good.

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

Are u serious, even when other drivers bump into them it

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That didn't happen with alonso, massa though ...

15 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I visit daily close to 8 racing oriented websites, and my understanding across spectrum is that several reporters took chase after Arrivabene whether a driver like Vettel deserves to drive for Ferrari. The tone is very similar to one they succeeded at RBR when they chased DM whether someone like Vettel should be driving for RB (citing Multi 2-1 as a reason, and some others). Pattern of media behavior has not changed. They want a RBR driver and Alonso back to Ferrari, thus Vettel needs to be nudged out.

Alonso would be a massive upgrade over the current Ferrari drivers. He's proven to be superior to both many times. Vettel has always been overhyped. Kimi was once great, but it isn't 2003 anymore

11 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Drivers don't build cars you idiot. 

That language isn't nice. You can argue without that kind of language.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yep, but they give input

And?

Alonso's feedback has been praised by many. Only a delusional fool would argue that Vettel is behind Ferrari having the best car this year. He's just a passenger in the car. 

You know, there really isn't much to choose from between Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel. They all have proven they can win multiple championships, are as good or better than any teammate they have had, and are clearly still the three best drivers in F1. They all have had some problems working with teammates and sometimes teams. They all have had their share of embarrassing on-track clashes. I think any team manager would consider any one of these a perfectly valid substitute for the other. So if Hamilton left Mercedes, they would have no problem replacing him with Vettel or Alonso, and if Vettel left Ferrari, they would have no problem replacing him with Hamilton or Vettel. The problem is that there are only two winning teams and there are three great drivers out there. So.......

P.S. I am sure some over-partisan self-righteous soul will take exception to this statement, as they clearly feel one of these three is better than the other two, or one of these three is noticeably inferior than the other two. I don't think there is any data to support either argument.

Only a delusional fool would argue that Vettel is behind Ferrari having the best car this year.

Sounds very familiar from days with RBR. On what basis some posters are able to make such inane claims remains mystery to me. To clarify, I thought it was a falsehood then, and it is falsehood today.

More accurate assessment I think should rather speak about achieving long awaited high level of performance convergence between MB and Ferrari. One should not ignore variability in performance from one sector to another, due type of tires, deviation from optimal temperatures, and potentially perhaps including in the mix influence of some (out of sight) driver's aids. One should consider qualifications surprises under sudden availability of mysterious boost which is propelling a car with abnormal thrust otherwise not observable in normal racing conditions. Ferrari has a competitive car, no question about it in first part of the season. Is it best? It depends when and where and under what conditions, but it is not a simple determination. Just as in times with some RBR cars when Vettel drove wheels off those to get his trophies. 

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sounds very familiar from days with RBR. On what basis some posters are able to make such inane claims remains mystery to me. 

Common sense. 

23 hours ago, Ruslan said:

They all have proven they can win multiple championships, are as good or better than any teammate they have had, and are clearly still the three best drivers in F1.

Verstappen would destroy Vettel and get the better of Hamilton. It's clear that Alonso and Verstappen are the two best drivers these days.