Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

50 minutes ago, Sakae said:

He is too destructive. Kimi summed it up with that post of yours, they'll end up with two factions within a team again

Why would Alonso want to go to Ferrari and Mercedes.
He IS HAPPY at McLaren Honda. Have U seen him recently,
Laughing, generally ALL smiles around the paddock  - having FUN

It's Alonso's business manager (Briatore), who is being quoted what Alonso wants do to next year. Both Mercedes, and Ferrari have now responded to his courting.

Alonso ALREADY HAS his bum  on the BEST seat  in the grid.
It is HIS to throw away, previous decisions suggest it`s likely

As observers on side lines we do not have to resort to demonization and hyperbole, but the man is known to teams in the paddock, and he has made his own bed. It seems that choices are to carry on with McLaren, retirement, or Indy for him next year.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

As observers on side lines we do not have to resort to demonization and hyperbole, but the man is known to teams in the paddock, and he has made his own bed. It seems that choices are to carry on with McLaren, retirement, or Indy for him next year.

he kept bad mouthing Honda (his employer) and because of that nobody wants him anywhere in F1anymore.:mf_tongue:

Serves the b#stard right ! Karma is a b1tch ! :shuriken:Retire Fernando for the sake of F1 !!:banana-wave:

Japanese media doesn't like Alonso for his past actions and now are kindda laughing on the sides. :P:naughty:

As I said, the man has to take ownership of his situation. More than about the driver, I would be however concerned how long Hasegawa will last. Yusuke must be exhausted, and there is no break for him in sight any time soon. It's now more than four months for him of long hours, every day... 

5 hours ago, radical-one said:

he kept bad mouthing Honda (his employer) and because of that nobody wants him anywhere in F1anymore.:mf_tongue:

Serves the b#stard right ! Karma is a b1tch ! :shuriken:Retire Fernando for the sake of F1 !!:banana-wave:

Japanese media doesn't like Alonso for his past actions and now are kindda laughing on the sides. :P:naughty:

he did not bad mouth his employer, he said that the Honda engine was down on power and unreliable and that sadly is a fact and not an opinion

Besides what Alonso said about Honda is not different from what Vandoorne and officials from McLaren said

Frankly I think that it's Alonso who has any right to laugh at people from the media, not the other way round, as he is racing F1 cars, he won 2 WDC, he's considered the best out there by his peers,  while they can only look and wish that they could fill Alonso's shoes (or any other driver's).

Do you realise how silly and childhish you come across when you make this kind of comments or you just don't get it? At the beginning your comments just made me laugh but now I only feel sorry for you, you seem to lead a very sad life if all your comments are so bitter and always negative, try not to be so negative, life is beautiful!

1. He did bad mouth his employers... Honda

2. St. Alfonso is considered by some of his peers to be the best, even with the political games. Others considers Vettel or Hamilton to be the best

Without shred of doubt on my part, cultural red lines were crossed, regardless who thinks is entitled to what. Many unnecessary errors were committed, which could and should have been avoided. 

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

As I said, the man has to take ownership of his situation. More than about the driver, I would be however concerned how long Hasegawa will last. Yusuke must be exhausted, and there is no break for him in sight any time soon. It's now more than four months for him of long hours, every day... 

He's Japanese. In Japan we are used of working forever. No worries.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Without shred of doubt on my part, cultural red lines were crossed, regardless who thinks is entitled to what. Many unnecessary errors were committed, which could and should have been avoided. 

Too late. He ran his mouth many times and oh btw, he isn't a spring chicken so many other worthy young guns are available, for a fraction of cost and not big headed.

It's no brainer.

6 minutes ago, radical-one said:

He's Japanese. In Japan we are used of working forever. No worries.

Karōshi is more than just theory. (過労死)

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

1. He did bad mouth his employers... Honda

2. St. Alfonso is considered by some of his peers to be the best, even with the political games. Others considers Vettel or Hamilton to be the best

1 I'm afraid that's inaccurate, what he did was sharing his employer's (McLaren) criticism of one of their suppliers (Honda), in a sense Alonso has followed the lead of his employer

2 even the last on the grid, even Palmer or Ericsson, IMHO have any reason to laugh at the media, they get paid $$$ to do what they love, while the media is full of bitter wannabes who would love to be sitting in one of those cars  even just for a few seconds. The fact that no driver, to my knowledge, has ever laughed at the media while the Japanese media purposely laugh at Alonso (for what reason are they laughing? are they laughing because he gets paid so much? :roll:) makes you wonder what kind of people are pursuing a career in media these days.

Of course that is true if we assume that the Japanese media are really laughing at Alonso, something that I very much doubt (having known many Japanese people and given how fair and honest and kind they normally are).

Why don't we just say that some like Alonso, some respect him even though they can't like him (myself included), while others don't like him nor respect him and try to remind us of their antipathy on every occasion? wouldn't it be simpler this way?

Japan is a country of refined elegance. Its silence, just a sympathetic head nodding are so often and so easily misinterpreted. 

2 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

1 I'm afraid that's inaccurate, what he did was sharing his employer's (McLaren) criticism of one of their suppliers (Honda), in a sense Alonso has followed the lead of his employer

2 even the last on the grid, even Palmer or Ericsson, IMHO have any reason to laugh at the media, they get paid $$$ to do what they love, while the media is full of bitter wannabes who would love to be sitting in one of those cars  even just for a few seconds. The fact that no driver, to my knowledge, has ever laughed at the media while the Japanese media purposely laugh at Alonso (for what reason are they laughing? are they laughing because he gets paid so much? :roll:) makes you wonder what kind of people are pursuing a career in media these days.

Of course that is true if we assume that the Japanese media are really laughing at Alonso, something that I very much doubt (having known many Japanese people and given how fair and honest and kind they normally are).

Why don't we just say that some like Alonso, some respect him even though they can't like him (myself included), while others don't like him nor respect him and try to remind us of their antipathy on every occasion? wouldn't it be simpler this way?

1. Honda are the ones who insisted on a big name (fortunately Alonso was available after he was let go by Ferrari heheheheheh) with their re-entry into F1 and pays half his bills. He did bad mouth his employers.. Honda, SEVERAL TIMES, before Mclaren criticism. I heard it on TV when watching races

2. It's not a matter of being liked, it's him playing his political games within a team to get the car usually to his liking, to the detriment of the other half of the garage. A look at his history confirms this...He's halway past overrated

46 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

1. Honda are the ones who insisted on a big name (fortunately Alonso was available after he was let go by Ferrari heheheheheh) with their re-entry into F1 and pays half his bills. He did bad mouth his employers.. Honda, SEVERAL TIMES, before Mclaren criticism. I heard it on TV when watching races

2. It's not a matter of being liked, it's him playing his political games within a team to get the car usually to his liking, to the detriment of the other half of the garage. A look at his history confirms this...He's halway past overrated

1 Honda is not his employer, his employer is McLaren, McLaren excutives have been much more vocal about how poor Honda has been so far, so strictly speaking Alonso has been a very dutiful employee who has followed in his employer's footsteps. I find it ludicrous that in order to criticise Alonso you guys have to come up with a narrative that is 100% fiction

2 Alonso seems to be very political, sure, is for instance Hamilton any different? Shall we ask Rosberg what he thinks of Hamilton's political games? and was Vettel much different when he was sharing the garage with Webber? come on, it's like we have the devil himself driving an F1 car, you guys don't like him, fair enough, but let's not make things up please

Vettel badmouthing RBR in public interviews? Sorry Scipio, but that's news to me, just as the only guy who has tried to win public sympathy (for imaginary problems) in public forum and through media politics was Webber.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Karōshi is more than just theory. (過労死)

Also , Karoshi is not just Japan it's all over.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Vettel badmouthing RBR in public interviews? Sorry Scipio, but that's news to me, just as the only guy who has tried to win public sympathy (for imaginary problems) in public forum and through media politics was Webber.

Never heard of Vettel doing that. It's made up story or exaggeration. 

Anyways, Alonso is responsible for his actions. Japan is making fun of him from behind in some of the comedy shows.

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

1 Honda is not his employer, his employer is McLaren, McLaren excutives have been much more vocal about how poor Honda has been so far, so strictly speaking Alonso has been a very dutiful employee who has followed in his employer's footsteps. I find it ludicrous that in order to criticise Alonso you guys have to come up with a narrative that is 100% fiction

2 Alonso seems to be very political, sure, is for instance Hamilton any different? Shall we ask Rosberg what he thinks of Hamilton's political games? and was Vettel much different when he was sharing the garage with Webber? come on, it's like we have the devil himself driving an F1 car, you guys don't like him, fair enough, but let's not make things up please

1. Yes he's contracted to Mclaren, but Honda pays half his bills. The narrative about his complaining about Honda is non-fiction, whether Mclaren started it or not.

2. Hamilton and Vettel drives the team forward together with their respective teammate's. With Alonso it seems to swing one driver's way, HIS WAY

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

my sentence was

Alonso seems to be very political, sure, is for instance Hamilton any different? Shall we ask Rosberg what he thinks of Hamilton's political games? and was Vettel much different when he was sharing the garage with Webber?

" the rest you guys made it up B) you perfectly know that I was talking about the fact that Hamilton and Vettel are both very political. no where in my post I said that Vettel said anything negative about RBR. My point was very simple: why don't you ask Rosberg and Webber if in their opinion their respective team mates were very political or not? You don't want to consider this because you perfectly know the answer B)