Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

1. Yes he's contracted to Mclaren, but Honda pays half his bills. The narrative about his complaining about Honda is non-fiction, whether Mclaren started it or not.

2. Hamilton and Vettel drives the team forward together with their respective teammate's. With Alonso it seems to swing one driver's way, HIS WAY

1 Honda doesn't give a single $ to Alonso, Honda pays McLaren Racing Ltd. that in turn pays Alonso's wages. Alonso said that their engine was crap, Vandoorne said that their engine was crap, Boulier said that their engine was crap, Zack Brown said that their engine was crap, etc but the villain is only Alonso, come on guys :rolleyes:

2 Hamilton and Vettel both are very political, every leading driver is or has been, Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Piquet, Lauda, they all are, they all are very driven induviduals

10 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

my sentence was

" the rest you guys made it up B) you perfectly know that I was talking about the fact that Hamilton and Vettel are both very political. no where in my post I said that Vettel said anything negative about RBR. My point was very simple: why don't you ask Rosberg and Webber if in their opinion their respective team mates were very political or not? You don't want to consider this because you perfectly know the answer B)

I struggle to find any references of Vettel, and Hamilton, being political. If that was the case Bottas would'nt even have the prospect of winning like he does, neither would Rosberg have won the ultimate prize as a teammate... the title. Being political would shut the teammate out to nr2 status. Perfect example would be St. Alfonso holding Ron Dennis to ransom demanding nr1 status to the detriment of the team and the chance of Hamilton to win the title. Kimi could'nt even drive the Ferrari when he returned, thats how bad it gets. The environment is total poisen  If u insist, pls disprove us. I have just shown u a perfect example with Hamilton

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I struggle to find any references of Vettel, and Hamilton, being political. If that was the case Bottas would'nt even have the prospect of winning like he does, neither would Rosberg have won the ultimate prize as a teammate... the title. Being political would shut the teammate out to nr2 status. Perfect example would be St. Alfonso holding Ron Dennis to ransom demanding nr1 status to the detriment of the team and the chance of Hamilton to win the title. Kimi could'nt even drive the Ferrari when he returned, thats how bad it gets. The environment is total poisen  If u insist, pls disprove us. I have just shown u a perfect example with Hamilton

Hamilton was handed the 2014 thanks to team orders, at the second race of this season he was given position by his team mate, in Baku he requested the pit wall to slow down Bottas so that he could damage Vettel, Alonso has no chance of joining Mercedes because Hamilton doesn't want him there. Shall I go on?

I'm not denying that Alonso requested nr. 1 status when he was at McLaren, my point is that I find unbelievable that you guys claim that Alonso is the only one of the top guys who behaves like that. I would just like to point out that Ferrari has only 1 proper dirver because Vettel wants Kimi there as he's so off the pace that he's not a nuisance and the doors of Maranello are closed to Ricciardo because Vettel doesn't want him, Senna didn't want Warwick at McLaren, Schumacher didn't want Montoya, etc. What bothers me is that you guys apply one stanard when you deal with Alonso, another one when you deal with drivers/teams/engine manufacturers that you like

Must be in the eyes of the beholder. I've always considered Webber as a scheming, and manipulative (denotes here political) individual. Not so Vettel. Mere voicing this opinion got me actually kicked out from one forum for life.

Add. It appears I am also in dark Vettel is refusing DC in Maranello. I've read media speculation, which is how they explained situation when Ferrari retained Kimi, but there is of course big jump from idle speculation to reality.

Kimi had exactly the same luxury to compete on equal terms with Vettel for the title. Through failures, circumstances and not being on the ball like Vettel has right from the start of the season, it looks like he's designated to supporting role because Ferrari as a team wants to win both titles. But he had his chance. It was'nt becoz Vettel was political. 

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Kimi had exactly the same luxury to compete on equal terms with Vettel for the title. Through failures, circumstances and not being on the ball like Vettel has right from the start of the season, it looks like he's designated to supporting role because Ferrari as a team wants to win both titles. But he had his chance. It was'nt becoz Vettel was political. 

Kimi in theory has a chance because Vettel and Arrivabene both know that he no longer has what it takes to be competitive. If it wasn't for Vettel, who deservedly is Ferrari's leading driver, Ferrari would have hired a proper 2nd driver a long time ago, they never did so to keep Vettel happy, and Vettel never denied this. same for Hamilton. Same (I assume) for Alonso when he was at Ferrari. They are all like that, you can't believe that any driver would love if his team hired someone that would beat him every other week end, come on :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Kimi in theory has a chance because Vettel and Arrivabene both know that he no longer has what it takes to be competitive. If it wasn't for Vettel, who deservedly is Ferrari's leading driver, Ferrari would have hired a proper 2nd driver a long time ago, they never did so to keep Vettel happy, and Vettel never denied this. same for Hamilton. Same (I assume) for Alonso when he was at Ferrari. They are all like that, you can't believe that any driver would love if his team hired someone that would beat him every other week end, come on :wacko:

Oh pls. Kimi is just as good as anyone else. Or maybe...DC really did'nt beat Vettel, becoz Vettel forgot to be political that year

14 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Hamilton was handed the 2014 thanks to team orders, at the second race of this season he was given position by his team mate, in Baku he requested the pit wall to slow down Bottas so that he could damage Vettel, Alonso has no chance of joining Mercedes because Hamilton doesn't want him there. Shall I go on?

I'm not denying that Alonso requested nr. 1 status when he was at McLaren, my point is that I find unbelievable that you guys claim that Alonso is the only one of the top guys who behaves like that. I would just like to point out that Ferrari has only 1 proper dirver because Vettel wants Kimi there as he's so off the pace that he's not a nuisance and the doors of Maranello are closed to Ricciardo because Vettel doesn't want him, Senna didn't want Warwick at McLaren, Schumacher didn't want Montoya, etc. What bothers me is that you guys apply one stanard when you deal with Alonso, another one when you deal with drivers/teams/engine manufacturers that you like

Merc does'nt want Alfonso becoz he's destructive, to the detriment of the TEAM. Thats the main point!

We know who Alonso is, however to claim that Vettel had anything to say about choosing and hiring of his teammate is a supposition, and maybe outside of this discussion, unless of course there is evidence I've missed.

23 minutes ago, Sakae said:

We know who Alonso is, however to claim that Vettel had anything to say about hiring his teammate is a supposition, and maybe outside of this discussion, unless of course there is evidence I've missed.

I'll give our friend P a rest. I've quite on his case today :lol:

Alonso would have easily won in the Merc or Ferrari on Sunday. So would have Max. Probably Ricciardo as well. The drivers in this year's World Championship are not the best on the grid. Hamilton is a very good driver, but he's no Alonso. 

On 07/07/2017 at 2:39 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

MadMax could'nt possibly have reached his peak because he's driving better and better. In fact, I think he's still unlocking some of his raw speed race by race, less of that rookie mistakes that has blundered his racecraft. If they get his car to be reliable, Dannyboy won't be able to touch him

If Ricciardo can't beat Max, why would Vettel do any better, given that Ricciardo beat Vettel quite easily. 

10 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

If Ricciardo can't beat Max, why would Vettel do any better, given that Ricciardo beat Vettel quite easily. 

Really. With all his car issues

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Really. With all his car issues

They made no little difference to the final result. But I get it, Vettel can never be beaten. It's always the British press, Alonso, fanboys or whatever. 

Grow up. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

We know who Alonso is, however to claim that Vettel had anything to say about choosing and hiring of his teammate is a supposition, and maybe outside of this discussion, unless of course there is evidence I've missed.

no we don't know who Alonso is because no one here has ever met him, we know what the papers say about him. You seem to have issues with what the British media say about Vettel but take at face value what they say about Alonso ;) regarding Vettel and the choice of his team mate it has been openly discussed by Ferrari senior executives for years, don't mak me spend time digging out articles in Italian please, you know as well as I do that he has a say in the cjhoice of his team mate, and there's nothing wrong with that

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Oh pls. Kimi is just as good as anyone else.

Kimi was better than most, until a few years ago, now he's the shadow of his former self, he can have a couple of good laps but in the end he rarely delivers

17 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

you know what my answer to that is, don't you? you remember who the drivers at large deem to be the best overall among them, don't you? ;)B)

The link has been posted as a refresher and in response to inane claims how DC "destroyed" Vettel while he was his teammate and how now forever Vettel is living in fear of him.

No, I do not know who is the best. Maybe you guys do, but I don't. Never have. Make effort and check some very old posts of mine on this topic. In fact I am not even certain there exists measurable evidence of any kind to support subjective opinions that persons driving similar cars is intelligent way to measure (evaluate and rate) drivers. Too much noise in that equation to be certain. If we go by numbers, than best of current crop at the moment is Vettel, a guy I am most comfortable with as an all around fellow I would not mind to have a chat and some drink. Others, well, I am sorry, but I don't care that much.

Nowhere to go Nando. Moral lesson - never bad mouth your employer (present or past) :banned22:

Alain Prost concedes that while it would be “an honour” to have Fernando Alonso back at Renault, they cannot give him a race-winning car in 2018.

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Nowhere to go Nando. Moral lesson - never bad mouth your employer (present or past) :banned22:

Alain Prost concedes that while it would be “an honour” to have Fernando Alonso back at Renault, they cannot give him a race-winning car in 2018.

Hey Radical are the Japanese media still laughing at Alonso after the news that Sauber is pulling out from the deal with Honda and the fact that McLaren, desperate to find an alternative to Honda, have asked an engine even to their arch rival Ferrari? Keep us posted on this story, I really look forward to know how this ends :roll: