Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Nowhere to go Nando. Moral lesson - never bad mouth your employer (present or past) :banned22:

Alain Prost concedes that while it would be “an honour” to have Fernando Alonso back at Renault, they cannot give him a race-winning car in 2018.

sorry but I cannot refrain from answering..., this is really too funny to be missed

"Nowhere to go Nando"??? you are saying that Renault just offered him a seat!!! McLaren desperately wants to keep him!!! Ferrari said "let's talk about it in September"!!! I mean, are you serious when you write "nowhere to go Nando"? :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

sorry but I cannot refrain from answering..., this is really too funny to be missed

"Nowhere to go Nando"??? you are saying that Renault just offered him a seat!!! McLaren desperately wants to keep him!!! Ferrari said "let's talk about it in September"!!! I mean, are you serious when you write "nowhere to go Nando"? :rolleyes:

I see you'r quite the defender of St. Alfonso

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Ferrari said "let's talk about it in September"!!! I mean, are you serious when you write "nowhere to go Nando"? :rolleyes:

That's different from this quote:

When asked about the possibility of Alonso or Verstappen joining the team. Marchionne revealed, “Alonso may well have shown the desire to return, but he did not find the right response from our part. We’re not interested.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/07/09/marchionne-not-interested-in-alonso-and-no-verstappen-deal/

28 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

no I'm not I just don't buy all this stuff that he's the devil, the antichrist, he's just the same as his peers

He is. Don't you know

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I thought there was something strange in the "Let's talk in September" post from P

Maybe Publius is better informed than what we read, however if it is as he said, than it is news to me. 

LAUDA: "MERCEDES DON'T NEED ALONSO"

Warning, not a very pleasant reading.

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ouch

Yeah, ouch is right. On one hand we read on the forum how everyone thinks how great he is, but when it come to put money where your mouth is, than suddenly there are no takers. Go and figure.

32 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Maybe Publius is better informed than what we read, however if it is as he said, than it is news to me. 

LAUDA: "MERCEDES DON'T NEED ALONSO"

Warning, not a very pleasant reading.

I'm not more informed, I just happen to have watched the race from RAI, the Italian TV, and when the interviewer asked Marchionne about Alonso he said that now they have 2 drivers, one is good and the other must do more, but they will talk about that in September, it's a simple as that

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yeah, ouch is right. On one hand we read on the forum how everyone thinks how great he is, but when it come to put money where your mouth is, than suddenly there are no takers. Go and figure.

Why do you have to say that there are no takers? McLaren want him badly, and that's 1 taker, Renault are willing to have him back, and that's 2 takers, Ferrari maybe and they'll talk about it in September, why say that he has no takers? From what you guys write it's as if Alonso was a rent a driver who had to pay to race, someone like poor old Silvio Moser who bought his own cars, paid a couple of mechanics and turned up at a few events because no team was willing to employ him

4 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I'm not more informed, I just happen to have watched the race from RAI, the Italian TV, and when the interviewer asked Marchionne about Alonso he said that now they have 2 drivers, one is good and the other must do more, but they will talk about that in September, it's a simple as that

Sebastian said the same - we will talk in September (about his stuff).

6 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Why do you have to say that there are no takers? McLaren want him badly, and that's 1 taker, Renault are willing to have him back, and that's 2 takers, Ferrari maybe and they'll talk about it in September, why say that he has no takers? From what you guys wrie it's as if Alonso was a rent a driver who had to pay to race, someone like poor old Silvio Moser who bought his own cars, paid a couple of mechanics and turned up at a few events because no team was willing to employ him

I might have overstated my case, but my thinking was influenced by Briatore running around, negotiating through media, that Alonso will drive (or wants one of) for MB or Ferrari. 

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I might have overstated my case, but my thinking was influenced by Briatore running around, negotiating through media, that Alonso will driver (or wants one of) for MB or Ferrari. 

Briatore is Alonso's biggest liability

It is ONLY a few races until the announcement,
Mclaren Honda resign Fernando Alonso

McLaren R proving it on track

Fernando WILL win at Spa - I HAVE been there !!
I have also been to the Monaco GP !!

I am  confused, Nando HAS come out & stated that this;

2017 IS a very, very,  good seson for him                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

With a Honda decision looming.
Renault are now a HIGH possibility.
What have Renault done since Nando won his 2 WDC`s

That would be a backwards move. NOT progression

Alonso STILL owes Stoff VD a tow.
Last weekend Stoff VD gave Nando a tow in qually.
Nando SAID he would repay the favour.
However Stoff, STILL made it into Q3 WITHOUT a tow