Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

56 minutes ago, radical-one said:

It was rigged by Toyota.

They intentionally over fueled the leading Toyota no. 8 just so Alonso's Toyota can pass them through a 10 secs. Stop go Penalty.

Japanese media are just laughing here. They know it's rigged. 

Sad and Dirty Toyota:furious:

Rumor has it, that Alonso is moving on next year with Toyota.

42 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Rumor has it, that Alonso is moving on next year with Toyota.

No bloody wonder.

In the end, all roads leads to Japanese company.

That IS why, Zak Brown IS lookin to enter Mclaren into Indy - to KEEP Alonso.
Same reason they DUMPED the Honda money for Renault

It's a bit screwy at McLaren at the moment. Their source of problems with the car  driver, as well as company direction is anything but cloudy.

Zak Brown seems to focus too much on Alonso alone and forgotten his real job....

Never burn bridges and back stab your employer....

Fernando Alonso’s dream for the ultimate triple crown in motorsport could take another hit from Honda relating to his bid for a full season in IndyCar from next year, F1 Hub has learned. 

Following his victory for Toyota last week at the 24 hours of Le Mans, the Spaniard has finished two out of the three crowns: winning the Monaco Grand Prix and the 24 hours of Le Mans. This leaves just the infamous Indy 500 race that Alonso must win to achieve the prestigious motorsport award.

The double Formula 1 world champion competed in the Indy 500 in 2017, however was forced into retirement following a Honda engine failure on his McLaren-Andretti IndyCar.

Many have tipped Alonso to compete in a full IndyCar season next year — which would mean quitting Formula One — which would aid him in taking the Indy 500 victory. However, this would require a significant investment by power unit manufacturer Honda, who may not be willing to throw so much money in for Fernando Alonso.

As the RACER reports, following Honda’s three year partnership with the McLaren Formula 1 team, Alonso made certain negative comments in public towards the Japanese manufacturer. Such examples could be him labelling the Honda F1 powertrain as a “GP2 engine”, or repeatedly saying “I’ve never raced with less power.”

Elsewhere McLaren is looking to pick up Scott Dixon for its IndyCar programme, who is set to challenge for a fifth IndyCar championship, and more importantly, has a positive working relationship with Honda in IndyCar.

Nobody is sure exactly what Alonso IS doing next year.
LOTS of speculation.  Though I have NOT seen 2 reports,  from  different sources, confirming the SAME thing.
Will he STAY or, will he GO???

Alonso: McLaren are going "backwards"
1W AGO FROM GPBLOG.COM

Alonso continues to claim McLaren are making progress
4D AGO FROM GPBLOG.COM

Inconsistent reporting

I am NOT convinced that Alonso IS ready to drop Mclaren AND F1.
He IS enjoying racing, ok he is NOT fighting for podiums/wins but he IS racing - and enjoyin IT
Coming back from  14th to 8th at the British GP,  believin that with a few MORE laps - he COULD have got P6

Plus Mclaren ARE allowin him to create his name in the History books
The tripple crown - he has a GOOD chance of achievin IT
So far 2 out of 3 !!!

Lovely memories and sentiments a year ago: 

HORNER: I THINK HE (Alonso) NEEDS TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

...and a very good one at that!!!

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Whilst  Alonso DID an EXCELLENT job today
Hungry
 Grand Prix - he WERE still BEATEN by a GP2 engine

The Honda Torro Rosso STILL finished HIGHER than Alonso,
IN a GP2 engine

18 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Whilst  Alonso DID an EXCELLENT job today
Hungry
 Grand Prix - he WERE still BEATEN by a GP2 engine

The Honda Torro Rosso STILL finished HIGHER than Alonso,
IN a GP2 engine

I think the engine is still S**t. They were not in contention for the points in the last couple of races. And if you compare the overall points Mclaren vs Toro Rosso , mclaren is way ahead. And they(TR) have already used more engine parts than what they are supposed to . Mclaren still has chances of finishing 6th but i dont think TR can finish any higher what they currently are. So i think mclaren made a good decision to split with honda, if thats what you are getting at ?

5 Haas 66 0 0  
6 Force India 59 0 1  
7 McLaren 52 0 0  
8 Toro Rosso 28 0 0

Is it the sam person who once declared that McLaren chassis could beat anyone on the grid, if it wasn't just that s***t (Honda) engine?

25 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is it the sam person who once declared that McLaren chassis could beat anyone on the grid, if it wasn't just that s***t (Honda) engine?

Stupid comments from Mclaren. But honda is still poor(yet). 

Based on reported chit-chat with Lauda/Ecclestone (trust them or not), Mercedes launched development of F1-hybrids in 2011, influenced FiA specs, and ultimately put them 3 to 5 years ahead of Honda, and about 1 to 2 years ahead of Ferrari. It's not easy to offset such advantage, especially when 2014 hit them all with restrictions, including recognition how inadequate job they all have done in comparison to MB. I am not surprised Honda is struggling. It is a difficult subject, and collection of essential track data are slow in coming.

Certainly what was achieved during past 3 years, Honda's struggles send shivers to potential new entrants, and chase them away. Next year should cast some clarity whether Honda has any chance at all in this sport to shine.

True and now that redbull has asked honda to use TR as test beds they would expect results next year. If not honda is going to be under huge pressure from the bulls. 

Has Honda revealed where they stand on choice of PU for future years in the F1? I am not sure they have. I've read long time ago how Yasuhisa Arai admitted, sole reason for Honda's return to F1 was degree of difficulty hybrids present. They simply did not wanted to be left behind in potential transfer of technology to road cars.

This begs a question - will they stay if FOG turns to normally aspirated engines?

Not that I know of.

They have invested hugely and they dont want to leave as losers again. I remember sometime back honda saying that they are here to stay and win as long as it takes. 

55 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

Not that I know of.

They have invested hugely and they dont want to leave as losers again. I remember sometime back honda saying that they are here to stay and win as long as it takes. 

...yeah, I heard it too, but was that in reference to hybrids only, or any other technology? (Just a rhetorical question).

I think its in reference to hybrids only. But not entirely sure. Were there any ongoing discussions at that point of time to change to another technology?

3 hours ago, Master of his game said:

I think its in reference to hybrids only. But not entirely sure. Were there any ongoing discussions at that point of time to change to another technology?

Yes, automakers spoke with one voice, initially without Honda. Last communiqué included Honda, if memory serve. No changes on PU desired by all of them!

“I have got huge respect for Fernando. He’s a great driver, a fantastic driver," Horner said.

“But I think it’s very difficult to see… he tends to cause a bit of chaos wherever he’s gone. I’m not sure it would be the healthiest thing for the team for Fernando to join the team.”

WOW. Driving alone is not enough for the teams to want you but the name also.Poor Fernando. He should just retire. No one wants you 

3 hours ago, Master of his game said:

WOW. Driving alone is not enough for the teams to want you but the name also.Poor Fernando. He should just retire. No one wants you 

Never was.

Red Bull unlikely to sign ‘chaotic’ Alonso for F1 2019 - Horner 

HORNER: ALONSO CAUSES A BIT OF CHAOS WHEREVER HE’S GONE

First from Horner about Alonso - "he needs psychiatrist"and now "chaotic".

When I was suggesting similar remedy, forum went bust calling me the Alonso hater, as if a guy who was paid millions takes a beach chair, sits next to track during a race, and embarrasses on a global stage a hand which fed him: Is that normal behavior, or someone like that needs his head examined?

I dont know it feels like great things has to come to an end. I feel like we wont be seeing great drivers once alonso, kimi , lewis and seb retires. i am not able to see the same things i saw in those drivers. Max is alright.Ricci and ocon is ok to an extent others i am not so sure.

1 minute ago, Master of his game said:

I dont know it feels like great things has to come to an end. I feel like we wont be seeing great drivers once alonso, kimi , lewis and seb retires. i am not able to see the same things i saw in those drivers. Max and leclerc is alright.Ricci and ocon is ok to an extent others i am not so sure.