Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Alonso is LOW to claim that.

I don't think we will know facts any time soon. 

I would not be surprised to learn later that a third party was involved, trying to arrange something like that. I am speculating, of course. RB was surprised by DR's departure, and to keep Alonso in F1, someone like Ecclestone might have tried to grab the opportunity and to arrange a better seat for him over one he has with McLaren. From what I heard, Honda however freaked out when they heard about such talk.

16 hours ago, Sakae said:

I don't think we will know facts any time soon. 

I would not be surprised to learn later that a third party was involved, trying to arrange something like that. I am speculating, of course. RB was surprised by DR's departure, and to keep Alonso in F1, someone like Ecclestone might have tried to grab the opportunity and to arrange a better seat for him over one he has with McLaren. From what I heard, Honda however freaked out when they heard about such talk.

HONDA has been very quite all these years about Alonso's continued bashing ( a typical Japanese way). However, they will not play stupid to give him another future chance.

No F..king way !

8 hours ago, radical-one said:

HONDA has been very quite all these years about Alonso's continued bashing ( a typical Japanese way). However, they will not play stupid to give him another future chance.

No F..king way !

Horner says there was no offer by RBR to Alonso for next year. Surprised?

On unrelated topic, it is hard these days for a reader to distinguish an opinion from news reporting facts. It is not just F1, but across printed spectrum. One paper in New York (I've noted this morning) which is so prominently promoted globally moved news on their second page, and left front page to opinion writers (I call them propagandists with social and political agendas).

That's where we are.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, Sakae said:

Horner says there was no offer by RBR to Alonso for next year. Surprised?

On unrelated topic, it is hard these days for a reader to distinguish an opinion from news reporting facts. It is not just F1, but across printed spectrum. One paper in New York (I've noted this morning) which is so prominently promoted globally moved news on their second page, and left front page to opinion writers (I call them propagandists with social and political agendas).

That's where we are.

True in ral/false news.

However on Alonsoand RB/Honda case, one just have to look at the history and figure out 

Apology from Horner to Alonso? Reasons for not getting in... (hilarious)

Anyway, as mentioned I was very, very keen to have you in the team at last. This time it was close – that’s why I called you first – but Helmut does not like you at all. In fact, it was nasty him who said you were “chaos” and I was just the messenger. Sorry again, my bad.

Dietrich, Helmut, Max and I discussed this for hours, but we could not agree so we decided to vote and it was close: Helmut and Dietrich said no, whereas Max and I were yes.

It was two-for and two-against you, so as a tie-breaker it was Helmut versus Max playing ‘rock, paper, scissors’ and we lost!

Reasons Helmut and Dietrich provided that we could not argue against include:

• Fernando causes chaos wherever he goes;
  • Fernando burned bridges with Honda who will power us next year;
  • Fernando is doing WEC with Toyota until the middle of next year. Honda? Toyota? How?
  • Fernando versus Max will not be pretty;
  • Fernando is a healthy 37-years-old and our target market is decadent E-popping young ravers;
  • Why pay $40-million for Alonso when we can get Pierre for four mil?
  • We have always promoted drivers through Toro Rosso to the big team;
  • The prospect of weekends with Flavio in the Red Bull garage;
  • We don’t want to play in Indycar or the Indy 500;
  • WTF is the Triple Crown? Who cares?
  • That damn Kimoa cap!

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/651689/Inside_Line_Is_this_the_apology_email_from_Horner_to_Alonso/

On 24/04/2017 at 3:35 PM, Sakae said:

Silly me, and I thought it is the F1 which claims to have best drivers. Pretty confusing claims, but then considering the source...

It IS an AMBIGUOUS comment

Dude(Sakae),
The BIG picture IS,   Motorsports Triple Crown
That IS, Competing against the BEST !!

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

WTF is the Triple Crown? Who cares?

It IS a place in world history - I already have mine - Forever remembered as the BEST in the world (Multi Guiness world record holder).

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

It IS an AMBIGUOUS comment

Dude(Sakae),
The BIG picture IS,   Motorsports Triple Crown
That IS, Competing against the BEST !!

I can live without some made up championship. I do watch F1, and do not need any distractions. 

What happened during qualification had earmarks of adolescence from Alonso, and he should get properly penalize. If he cannot win in that car, he should not be allowed to screw someone's else's race just for jest. FFS the guy is 36 or thereabout, and presumably a finished project, as opposed to project in development. I haven't found it amusing nor very sporty. To start at the back is not enough, since he has engaged in similar nonsense several times this year already. They should have exclude him from next race. He might not care, but McLaren perhaps would.

Alonso  says  that Mclaren are going  backwards.
Well Mr Alonso , you obviously can NOT read. 
Look at the constructors table;
Mclaren ARE in 6th - at THIS time on 52 points
Torro Rosso Honda are in 8th - at THIS time on 30 points
 Mclaren have CLEARLY moved FORWARD sine,dropping Honda works
and signing as a Renault customer team

Mclaren should NOT be compared with Red Bull.
Mclaren WERE works Honda,  but gave that up for Renault reliability.
Torro Rosso are NOW the works Honda - what Mclaren dropped for Renault

On 02/09/2018 at 8:34 AM, Sakae said:

... FFS the guy is 36 or thereabout, and presumably a finished project, as opposed to project in development. 

As people we are never a finished project.
We are CONTINUOUSLY learning NEW things.
It IS just which end of the development scale are at

US GP winner,Kimi-SHOWING that age is NO barrier,                               
It saddens me to think,  Kimi WERE Mika`s (Hakkinen) young up and coming replacement.
Kimi is also Now about to retire.
Alonso, doing the Ross & Rachel thing - we were on a break !!

Fernando Alonso has been cunning with praise for Lewis Hamilton who clinched his fifth Formula 1 World Champion title with fourth place at the Mexican Grand Prix, bagging enough points to wrap up the 2018 championship with two rounds still remaining.

Alonso who endured a fractious year as Hamilton’s teammate at McLaren in 2007, but since then mutual respect has grown between the two drivers.

He also pointed out that Hamilton has endured excellent service from Mercedes who have consistently provided the Briton with a race winning car and prior to that it was Sebastian Vettel who had the advantage of a great car when he bagged his four titles in a row between 2010 and 2013.

Speaking to reporters after the race at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Alonso claimed, “I think we all could have a run in championships like Lewis had or Sebastian had – he won four championships and he had half a second or one second advantage to the next car.”

“That was the right time and the right moment and the right car. You need to be on those places to win that amount of championships,” added the two times F1 World Champion whose own career was blighted by poor decision making off the track.

When asked to rank the Mercedes driver among the all-time greats, he responded, “It’s difficult to rank in different times, different eras of Formula 1.”

hamilton-alonso.jpg

“Some of the championships you are fighting until the last race, some of the championships you are winning against your team-mate. Arguably Lewis lost with Nico one of those championships.”

However, the Spaniard acknowledged, “He is one of the top so I think he should be happy with that. And it’s not finished yet. I think next year he starts as a favourite again so that is a good thing.”

No seat for Alonso LOL !!!

Or he can replace Kubica at Williams 

Zak Brown says he would need three cars if Alonso wanted to make McLaren F1 return

Latest speculation; 
Alonso IS available and WILL drive a GP2 engine 
Hard to believe that Alonso WANTS to drive the GP2 Red Bull Honda

KARMA to Alonso that SOB is dead n the water !

Alonso reaches out to Red Bull for 2020

Alonso reaches out to Red Bull for 2020

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko has revealed that Fernando Alonso has approached the team to state his availability for the 2020 Formula 1 season.

Alonso and Red Bull have come close to teaming together in the past, although each side disagrees on just how many times.

Article continues under video

Red Bull have confirmed they offered Alonso a seat for the 2008 season after he left McLaren, although the Spaniard went on to return to Renault, with Marko having previously suggested that Alonso's financial demands were the major sticking point.

The driver himself holds a starkly different version of events, claiming to have rejected Red Bull on as many as six occasions in his career – including approaches to drive for them in 2019.

However, it seems the tables have now turned, with Alonso having reportedly cut racing ties with McLaren and seemingly seeking a return to F1.

That won't be happening at Red Bull, with Alonso's poor relationship with Honda – which has already impacted his Indy 500 effort this year – again coming back to bite.

"Alonso's representatives have let us know that he is available," Marko told Motorsport.com. "But for Honda, Alonso is something impossible."

Honda returned to F1 with McLaren in 2015, with Alonso returning to the team at the same time.

However, the partnership failed to fire and became characterised by Alonso chastising the Japanese marque's product, including infamous rants during races.

Although Alonso may not be the man for Red Bull, the team may well be on the lookout for a driver to partner Max Verstappen next year, with Pierre Gasly struggling to find form since his promotion from Toro Rosso.

On 4/18/2017 at 4:23 AM, maure said:

Journalist: How is the performance of the car this year?

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: So you really think the car is good?

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: But certainly, the results, I mean, you must have some concern after three years like this.

Alonso: The team is working round the clock, doing its best and more.

Journalist: So according to you, this is the the best of your career.

Alonso: Clearly, no...

Journalist: (interrupts) Hold on! I have my headline...

ALONSO GIVES ULTIMATUM TO THE WHOLE JAPANESE RACE AND DEMANDS THE CASTRATION OF A CHILD FOR EVERY DAY HE IS NOT ON THE PODIUM

Haters: The Spaniard is constantly whining!!!!! and complaining!!!!! when he always has the best car in the grid!!!!!

And, meanwhile, the F1 legerdemain carries on...

That Journalist that @maure Spoke about... That Is you @radical-one

Alonso is like a Meat loaf song - 2 out of 3 aint bad

In the pursuit of the triple crown - Motorsports BIG 3