Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 5 Spain

Cursory look on SkyBet prognosis, Vettel is for win. I am not sure where is that optimism coming from, because people hauling in a lot of upgrades, and cars are very, very close in performance.  

Wolff is claiming that Hamilton's dip in performance remains enigma. 

Has anyone taken notice that Verstappen is consistently rated ahead on betting pages of Ricciardo? Talking about putting money where your mouth is.

In truth, Verstappen has been faster then Ric, not neccesarily during qualifying, but definately during races. He's ahead in points right?

My prediction:

1. Vettel

2. Kimi

3. Hamilton

let it be dear Lord, let it be

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

In truth, Verstappen has been faster then Ric, not neccesarily during qualifying, but definately during races. He's ahead in points right?

My prediction:

1. Vettel

2. Kimi

3. Hamilton

let it be dear Lord, let it be

1 SEBASTIAN VETTEL GER FERRARI Ferrari car 86
2 LEWIS HAMILTON GBR MERCEDES Mercedes car 73
3 VALTTERI BOTTAS FIN MERCEDES Mercedes car 63
4 KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN FIN FERRARI Ferrari car 49
5 MAX VERSTAPPEN NED RED BULL RACING Red Bull Racing car 35
6 DANIEL RICCIARDO AUS RED BULL RACING Red Bull Racing car 22
7 SERGIO PEREZ MEX FORCE INDIA Force India car 22

News from paddock - Ferrari upgrades are "just" modest, when compared to others. I am OK with that, as long as it works. Someone made calculations which, if correct, would leave Ferrari 0.3 sec behind Merc on Sunday. Street is buzzing, that Merc discovered how to improve by 0.5 sec. (What a convenient number that is).

Lauda - the season starts in Spain.

Well Nicki, hold you pants up. Sebi has found his Mojo (said Webber).

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

News from paddock - Ferrari upgrades are "just" modest, when compared to others. I am OK with that, as long as it works. Someone made calculations which, if correct, would leave Ferrari 0.3 sec behind Merc on Sunday. Street is buzzing, that Merc discovered how to improve by 0.5 sec. (What a convenient number that is).

Lauda - the season starts in Spain.

Well Nicki, hold you pants up. Sebi has found his Mojo (said Webber).

Crazy. But we'll see. The Ferrari is just too kind to its tyres and planted to the tarmac, it will be the frontrunner in most of the races

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Crazy. But we'll see. The Ferrari is just too kind to its tyres and planted to the tarmac, it will be the frontrunner in most of the races

Kimi during testing was quick on this course as well, which is why I think at least one Ferrari will be on a podium on Sunday. You hope for KImi as his fan, I hope for Seb, but that's OK at the end. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Kimi during testing was quick on this course as well, which is why I think at least one Ferrari will be on a podium on Sunday. You hope for KImi as his fan, I hope for Seb, but that's OK at the end. 

I'm also Seb's fan

19 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm also Seb's fan

Hey, what happened to some people on this forum? No fun when fandom is in shades? I did suffer a lot in 2014, 2015, and 2016, but I am still here... :) 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Hey, what happened to some people on this forum? No fun when fandom is in shades? I did suffer a lot in 2014, 2015, and 2016, but I am still here... :) 

Seb is winning Sakae

Seb had so far really horrid weekend, but recover somewhat during qualifying little bit. He has defeated Hamilton in first and second sector, however faltered in third one, in which both Mercedes driver were faster. He is on dirty side of the grid.

You DON`T get the points on a Saturday.
Let`s wait & see, what happens when the points are handed out!!!!
That Honda has to finish the race

Interesting race. Two drivers in the world of their own. Third driver on brink of being lapped as well. I am not sure how many people will be happy about this.

Bodes well for Ferrari development push, keeping up with Merc. Thats one problem sorted. Now if they can only keep up in strategy, they were played by Merc.

Vettel was very close to winning this race. I think some of the post-race rhetoric how Hamilton destroyed Vettel seems rather excessive. Gap behind those two is either scary, or impressive; depends on your mood.

On 14/05/2017 at 3:49 PM, Sakae said:

Vettel was very close to winning this race

Second is first of the LOSERS!!

It takes guts to call Vettel a looser. Focus. This year, five races deep, it was Mercedes only that deployed team orders already at least twice, and used their second driver as a shield to block Vettel from fighting for P1. Talking about losers and fighting dirty... 

Since when is a driver expected to allow a car behind to pass easily just because they're on a different strategy? You contradict yourself in the same sentence.

This was, imho, the best race in years. The strategy battle was phenomenal until Ferrari dropped the ball. And Vettel and Hamilton are feeding off of it. Today they were racing gods. Makes me really miss the refueling era,

Read again, and this time slowly, please. I've never said it was a bad race. Bottas is being used a part of Mercedes strategies. No problem though. It sometimes works, other times doesn't, but there is no need to call Vettel a looser.

Read again, and this time slowly, please

All I said were, second is first of the LOSERS
I did not apply it to anybody specifically.
I were simply pointing out a fact!!!

I do not know about your facts, but I am hoping that this line which you seems so like, has been attributed to a NASCAR driver, who has since passed away after a horrific accident on a speedway. Initially I thought it was authored by Hakkinen, but some are giving it to DE.