Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

2017 Monaco GP

Yes, I have the same impression, that search for team orders were predominantly suspected in British based pool, however truth is, I didn't do any in depth research of this subject. I've just noticed something is going on after headlines began to crop up one after another, until it reached over-saturation level and began to tickle my nerves. 

There is, or will be pressure on Wolff to favor Hamilton as No. 1 driver, and claims will be probably made, that Ferrari made such choice with Vettel. I do not have any other explanation. I do not believe such conspiracy exists for a second, but no one is asking me. We will see what is going on in Canada, but Bottas's first year with MB looks quite grey right now from where I am sitting. 25 points deficit Vettel has over #44 could be wiped out by a single DNF, and there will be tracks (Spa, Suzuka, etc.) where longer wheelbase will give Ferrari good challenge. So, it is not over by a long shot, but hysteria on roofs began quite early this year.

37 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Can we narrow it down to English speaking media? the reaction to Kimi's woes was not very favourable here in Italy

May I enquire what kind of perspective Italian media adopted on this case?

DBGlTtXW0AIzRRi?format=jpg

Turin on day of 2017/05/30 (Monday, in the case you are wondering), charity game (unable to quote author of the photo)

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

DBGlTtXW0AIzRRi?format=jpg

Turin on day of 2017/05/30 (Monday, in the case you are wondering), charity game (unable to quote author of the photo)

LOL, Read about it, looked like they had great fun

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm suprised Kimster did it

Disappointed over result might not have anything to do with or against Seb. Kimi on the stage after race could not understand root causes behind what happened. How much analysis he could do? Zero. He was mentally down, but without correct understanding WHY this ended up as it have. 

1 minute ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

The opinion was that Kimi did not have the pace to challenge Vettel, plain and simple

Problem with some of those post-race pseudo-analytical work is based on 20-20 vision after they saw what Vettel could do on those worn out tires, and they are seriously suggesting that Ferrari should have allowed Kimi to do the same. There is however no explanation forthcoming why Kimi was driving at 1:17 interval when he was pitted instead 1:15 as later Vettel was. Lack of pace of car 7 for whatever of reasons is most likely correct assessment why we have Vettel in the front.

The sixth round of the 2017 F1 season brings controversy

I wish I would know how to read this. Why Monaco/Ferrari case is "controversy", and Mercedes setup was not.

1.  Valtteri Bottas has said he hated the order to let Lewis Hamilton pass in Bahrain but understood why the decision was made.

2.  Hamilton was allowed to pass his team-mate as Mercedes tried to prevent Ferrari from taking the spoils in Sakir, but a resigned Bottas, who started from pole position, revealed he felt resigned to let him through.

2 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

most sites quote a radio call where Kimi says that his rear tyres are gone and he needs to pit

This could explain why there was perception that he was backing Seb into crowd behind him, and therefore pit-wall ordered him to box for fresher tires. Circumstances how this situation developed was also (mis)interpreted as unwanted stop for Kimi with intent to propel Seb ahead.

Canada cannot come soon enough.

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

the other explanation is that someone is trying to stir up trouble among the Ferrari drivers (i) to help Hamilton (once again) and (ii) to justify team orders within Mercedes

Quietly nodding after re-watching several interviews conducted by British TV crews. 

Hamilton, after he had received 10/10 approval of his performance claimed that Vettel is now No. 1 with reds, because he should have been in P2 in this race in his opinion.

(Has anyone ever heard Vettel to make similar toxic statements into TV lens)?

Questions by TV reporter to Kimi after race:

Do you think Ferrari was fair to you today? Can you confirm that you are No. 2?

Arrivabene meanwhile in another interview - Kimi is (i) a Ferrari driver, and (ii) he is here also to win races.

McLaren-Honda braced for ‘another’ difficult weekend

What`s new -
it SHOULD be their tag-line!!