Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VicVenom

Max to Ferrari

Ferrari need a top talent. They've had the best car most weekends this year. Yet without Hamilton having issues this weekend, they would not be leading the WDC. They are already losing the WCC. The blame rests at their driver's door. Vettel is an average qualifier and made stupid mistakes at Baku and Canada. Kimi doesn't care anymore. Max is getting a rough deal at Red Bull. He is outperforming Riccy. A driver that smashed Vettel and made him run away like a coward to Ferrari. But his car is slow and unreliable. 

Numerous sources have reported that both sides might be interested. For the good of the sport and both parties I hope it happens. 

That would be very uncharacteristical of Ferrari, as they usually prefer more experienced drivers. Then again, since di Montezemolo left and the Mattiaccis and Arribavenes took over there's hardly any Ferrari DNA left. Arrivabene is not tied to any of Ferrari's "traditions" so he might as well innovate, Verstappen is certainly worth the risk.

1 hour ago, VicVenom said:

Yet without Hamilton having issues this weekend, they would not be leading the WDC.

What issues are you referring to? the fact that he couldn't pass Vettel notwithstanding a considerably faster car or the fact Hamilton was under such pressure that he had to play silly games?

Because irrespective of the "sausage" issue that affected his car Hamilton didn't seem to have a very strong race, I'd say that neither Vettel nor Hamilton had a particularly strong race and they were both more or less on the same level, i.e. not at their peak

6 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

What issues are you referring to? the fact that he couldn't pass Vettel notwithstanding a considerably faster car or the fact Hamilton was under such pressure that he had to play silly games?

Because irrespective of the "sausage" issue that affected his car Hamilton didn't seem to have a very strong race, I'd say that neither Vettel nor Hamilton had a particularly strong race and they were both more or less on the same level, i.e. not at their peak

Our newest friend VicVenom is just baiting P. That's why he opened the thread, it's not worth entertaining his Vettel hate

12 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Hamilton's race was fine. Without the seat issue he would have won easily. 

8 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Our newest friend VicVenom is just baiting P. That's why he opened the thread, it's not worth entertaining his Vettel hate

According to you and the other moron, any criticism of Vettel is hate. 

7 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Hamilton's race was fine. Without the seat issue he would have won easily. 

he couldn't pass Vettel on track when he was behind him, the same Vettel that you seem to rate as a medriocre driver, so why Hamilton didn't pass Vettel given that his Merc was much faster than Vettel's Ferrari on Baku's main straight? 

26 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

he couldn't pass Vettel on track when he was behind him, the same Vettel that you seem to rate as a medriocre driver, so why Hamilton didn't pass Vettel given that his Merc was much faster than Vettel's Ferrari on Baku's main straight? 

He had damage to his car. 

15 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

He had damage to his car. 

Yes you're right, Vettel had some damage from the little trick that Hamilton played to him, I forgot about that, but one would assume that some damage like that would slow Vettel down, so the question remains: why didn't Hamilton pass him? Hamilton was much faster that Vettel on that very long straight

6 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Yes you're right, Vettel had some damage from the little trick that Hamilton played to him, I forgot about that, but one would assume that some damage like that would slow Vettel down, so the question remains: why didn't Hamilton pass him? Hamilton was much faster that Vettel on that very long straight

:lol:

It was Hamilton that had diffuser damage. As confirmed by reports. Finger Boy was also running an aggressive engine map. 

Little trick? Keep telling yourself that. Only an idiot would blame Lewis for Sunday's events. I'm not a Hamilton fan by any stretch. But he's a much better driver and person than Schumacher Jr. 

This was a second race Vettel drove with a damaged car. in Canada young Dutch master really did a job on Vettel's car. Ferrari ended crossing Finish line with substantial body parts missing altogether. It's not easy to stay in the lead.

1 minute ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Vettel's engine was an old one, with over 3500 km on the clock

And? Doesn't mean he can't run an aggressive engine map. Idiot. 

4 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

And? Doesn't mean he can't run an aggressive engine map. Idiot. 

of course it does, it's not rocket science Vic, if you think about it I'm sure you'll grasp it, these engines are not built to last that long, if you run them with an aggressive map they break down

I noticed that when you can't argue your case you start calling names, I guess that must be why you seem so keen on defending Hamilton, same childish approach :rofl::P

30 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This was a second race Vettel drove with a damaged car. in Canada young Dutch master really did a job on Vettel's car. Ferrari ended crossing Finish line with substantial body parts missing altogether. It's not easy to stay in the lead.

Plus hamilton hit him, twice. :angry:

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Plus hamilton hit him, twice. :angry:

I know only about one for which is Hamilton responsible (as a few smart people agreed on that point).

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

I know only about one for which is Hamilton responsible (as a few smart people agreed on that point).

It is not easy to stay in lead with damaged car, so ... ... when you are on p2 , fighting for win, and have crash, to avoid further damage you ram your car in car in front of you!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It is not easy to stay in lead with damaged car, so ... ... when you are on p2 , fighting for win, and have crash, to avoid further damage you ram your car in car in front of you!?!?!?

Only if the lead car p***s me off. Otherwise no.

Another name being thrown around is Carlos Sainz, which I think is a very commendable choice as well. The guy does not seem like a brilliant star, and has reached some sort of stable midfield rate level, but I think that Ferrari could be enough motivation to let him make the jump to a higher level of performance (hey, they thought Esteban Gutierrez was a big prospect once!).

One of the most common problems with drivers these days is that most of the field is composed of confidence drivers. Perhaps not as bad as Massa in that regard, but few able to deliver no matter what a la Alonso. A problem that is only compounded by a limited testing time.

Then again, if I had to choose a solid midfield driver capable of growing with enough confidence to challenge my #1 driver it would be either Sainz, Hulkenberg or Pérez. Ricciardo would be a great choice for a #1 driver in any team. Grosjean is another driver ideal to pair with Vettel in which I have perhaps an unjustified amount of optimism, if he could only get a proper car. Yes he is a bit of a jerk and his radio comments are painful to listen to. But if not being a jerk was a requisite for F1, the grid would be empty except, perhaps, for Kevin Magnussen and his oddly-shaped head.

Renault is after Sainz.

RB says - all (4) drivers will be with us in 2018 due to their contractual commitments.

It was just a mental excercise, as I wasn't actually evaluating possibilities, merely my wishes.

18 hours ago, VicVenom said:

Ferrari need a top talent. They've had the best car most weekends this year. Yet without Hamilton having issues this weekend, they would not be leading the WDC. They are already losing the WCC. The blame rests at their driver's door. Vettel is an average qualifier and made stupid mistakes at Baku and Canada. Kimi doesn't care anymore. Max is getting a rough deal at Red Bull. He is outperforming Riccy. A driver that smashed Vettel and made him run away like a coward to Ferrari. But his car is slow and unreliable. 

Numerous sources have reported that both sides might be interested. For the good of the sport and both parties I hope it happens. 

Harsh assessment of the field... but, sadly, accurate.

A new generation is needed and this last decade quickly forgotten.