Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Sauber 2018

With Ron Dennis looking like getting his wish,
McLaren Honda exclusivity
Who are Sauber now going to be powered by in 2017?

9 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

With Ron Dennis looking like getting his wish,
McLaren Honda exclusivity
Who are Sauber now going to be powered by in 2017?

By ferrari. 2018 is questionable.

OOpps I meant in 2018,  when Sauber were supposed to be a Honda
customer - but that deal now looks like it`s dead - Honda not able to supply more than McLaren

24 July 2017,  9:24

Frederic Vasseur, a new TP, acknowledged a few changes on team's status.

1. Large unspecified budget afforded to him by new owners.

2. Choice of PU for next year is open. Honda must be also in running according to some sources.

3. Ericsson may or may not have job next year. (Nasr is looking for one). This is an interesting one, since new owners are Ericsson's sponsors.

Amend. Nobuharu Matsus##ta will be testing in Hungary. :congrats:

Interesting times at Sauber these days, considering the team has been functioning on life support for past a few years after Mr. Sauber has retired of racing.

With a Honda driver, set to test with Sauber
It appears that the Honda-Sauber deal IS back ON !!

24 July 2017,  13:36

Based on believe that reporting is accurate, I am rather under impression that Sauber is evaluating more PU suppliers than one, and as of this time, no determination on selection has been announced as yet. Aim is to elevate team's standing, and critical question will focus whether Honda will be an asset in that effort, or hinderance.

26 July 2017,  11:51

It doesn't sounds very reassuring or promising that Sauber would consider to slot in this young Japanese next year as their driver. Whole post-race test sounds more of a favor to Honda, rather than deeply rooted conviction of his potential. 

Honda protege Nobuharu Matsus##ta will have his first experience of driving a Formula One car when he tests with Sauber in Hungary next week, the Swiss-based team said on Monday. The 23-year-old Japanese is currently a test and development driver with Honda-powered McLaren, focussing on work in the simulator. Matsus##ta also competes in the Formula Two support series for the ART team, which is run by newly appointed Sauber principal Frederic Vasseur.

“I am pleased that Nobuharu has this great opportunity. He deserves the experience of his first test in a Formula One car,” said the Frenchman Vasseur in a team statement. “With this Formula One test, he comes one step closer to his dream of becoming an F1 driver one day.

Fred, FFS, the guy is 23 already. What are you waiting for? Test or no test, people do need sometimes a simple opportunity to grow. Japan, a nation of 127+  million without an active driver in the series is irony, considering who else made it onto a starting grid, and how much money Honda is pumping into this swamp.  

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Sakae said:

26 July 2017,  11:51

Japan, a nation of 127+  million without an active driver in the series is irony, considering who else made it onto a starting grid, and how much money Honda is pumping into this swamp.  

Honda ARE following the fizzy drink (Red Bull).
World exposure & marketing

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

28 July 2017,  9:46

Matsus##ta's F2 rival Gustav Malja will also test for Sauber next week.

Malja is another Swedish driver who could be potentially hired by Sauber. I'm not sure however why they would do that, while Nasr is knocking on the door. Notable here is naked truth as optics are suggesting, that testing of Nobuharu appears to be without merit, and it merely fulfills a commitment MK made to Honda before FV was installed in his job. Pity. FiA mandates the test of junior drivers, so the team will have to spend money and time, like it or not.

This morning:

SAUBER SIGN ENGINE SUPPLY AGREEMENT WITH FERRARI

Big mistake - HUGE

Honda WILL DOMINATE next season with Mclaren

Mclaren WILL win EVERY race with Honda

18 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Big mistake - HUGE

Honda WILL DOMINATE next season with Mclaren

Mclaren WILL win EVERY race with Honda

lol

28 July 2017,  16:15

Is it too soon to begin counting wrecked cars bearing Pascal's fingerprints? What's going on with him?

Back in 1988, when McLaren-Honda won 15 of the 16 races
WILL be BETTERED.

McLaren-Honda will EVERY race !!

McLaren ARE working on something, similar to their 3rd pedal concept
Which the FIA changed the rules to BAN 

My people in Woking inform  me, that the design guys in the factory.
ARE excited, just need the guys in Japan to sort the reliability out.
To finish first, first you MUST finish
Do you remember when Mclaren blew the field away, with Mika Hakkinen, DC
& the THIRD pedal (operate front & rear brakes separately)

LECLERC TOPS THE FIRST DAY OF TESTING IN HUNGARY

1 August 2017,  18:40

Messieur Vasseur will get Ferrari's 2018 spec engine, but he is not obliged accommodating and train Ferrari's youngsters, yet it would be nice of him to get at least this guy into one of Sauber's seats as a gesture of gratitude. Practice is behind perfection, as they say.

Matsus##ta

Sauber C36 1:23.133 +6.009

12 laps

2 August 2017,  11:16

A lag of 6 sec can be explained probably as his is first trial in real F1 car, and also fact is, C36 is in different class to Vettel's Ferrari, leading morning test on second day. I am not sure where this is going, but I am having difficulty to envision Matsu next year with Sauber (for many reasons, most of them political), however I hope I am wrong. No one was fired yet, however there are at least three or four new names who could compete for those two seats.

Sauber unwilling to babysit Mclaren at Honda,
Return to Ferrari customer, now set to run the Alfa badge

2 September 2017   18:01 (CEST) - What's up with Sauber? Anyone? Messieur Vasseur IMO (indirectly) confirmed LeClerc for next year. Rumor has it they will be rebranded Alfa Romeo. If so, this will be sad day for Peter Sauber.

10 September 2017   18:45 (CEST)

Frederic Vasseur is planning to increase work-force to 400, which seems to be a decent number if you do not built PU, but how does this lot compare to their peers? Low-midrange? It was said that MB has 1200 - 1500 employees working on the F1 project. McLaren has probably more than 400 on their payroll, and then when numbers become meaningless, what about quality of this workforce? Maybe lack of direct F1 experience could be an advantage, since fresh ideas, free of misconceptions, pave grounds for innovation. Work on 2018 car is on.