Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Note to Alonso

28 August 2017   22:18 (CEST)

I thought note to Alonso should be in a form of gentle suggestion, that he is a highly paid racing driver, as opposed to a parking attendant, who parks his racing car in the middle of a race without having any apparent technical reasons for it. Why he wasn't suspended yet for breach of his contract and put on probation is mystery clear to no one. Perhaps his martyr-act needs some fresh ideas.

Hi, lipstick79!

Thank you for your note. I love to hear from fans like you. Nigel Mansell was a great driver. Did you know he raced for McLaren a little bit? I drive for McLaren now, too. There are lots of teams in F1.

I appreciate all your support. You help me do my best, and it is the fans I love most about being an F1 driver.

Best regards,

Fernando

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Alonso to McLaren: 'It's me or Honda!'            

Now that's a REAL over-bloated EGO.

Pack up and leave, you are washed-up !

:banana-wave:

29 August 2017   14:57 (CEST)  -  they may find a substitute driver for next year very quickly, however, not that fast a substitute PU. This would clarify that dilemma. Regarding above link, I think it is just overblown rumor. Honda could be fine next year. They made some progress, they are moving at glacial speed, but they are moving forward.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

29 August 2017   14:57 (CEST)  -  they may find a substitute driver for next year very quickly, however, not that fast a substitute PU. This would clarify that dilemma. Regarding above link, I think it is just overblown rumor. Honda could be fine next year. They made some progress, they are moving at glacial speed, but they are moving forward.

Exactly. Not hard to find a much hungrier, younger , and much cheaper driver without the over bloated ego:m00p:

Exactly. Not hard to find a much hungrier, younger , and much cheaper driver without the over bloated ego:m00p:

29 August 2017   17:33 (CEST) - TBH, I have been expecting Honda's progress to accelerate exponentially, however, life is often cruel, and it seems they made two steps forward, and one backwards. In contractual terms, I am not so sure that McLaren can severe that relationship all too easy, without huge penalty, which is why I think we will see this partnership continue for another year, like it or not. Honda will not quit, that much has been confirmed already. 

Meanwhile teams in Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull has expressed NO Interest in hiring Alonso. He is famous for his Toxic attitude since the start of his career that it is backslashing on him now - serves him right. If he is very, very lucky then maybe Williams may want him but chances are McLaren will beat Williams' pace by the end of this season. 

Alonso is finished in F1, he should now go to Indy so Takuma Sato can beat his butt yet again ! :naughty:

Meanwhile teams in Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull has expressed NO Interest in hiring Alonso. He is famous for his Toxic attitude since the start of his career that it is backslashing on him now - serves him right. If he is very, very lucky then maybe Williams may want him but chances are McLaren will beat Williams' pace by the end of this season. 

Alonso is finished in F1, he should now go to Indy so Takuma Sato can beat his butt yet again ! :naughty:

30 August 2017   10:17 (CEST)  -  Latest street talk is actually busy with speculations that this driver might take a year off from F1, race in US, and return when he finds whatever he is looking for. 

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

30 August 2017   10:17 (CEST)  -  Latest street talk is actually busy with speculations that this driver might take a year off from F1, race in US, and return when he finds whatever he is looking for. 

He is done. He has boxed himself out of F1 due to his unprofessional behavior and continuous backstabbing of his team, now, no other team/mates wants him.

Serves him right ! Karma is a real b1tch :reddevile:

2 minutes ago, radical-one said:

He is done. He has boxed himself out of F1 due to his unprofessional behavior and continuous backstabbing of his team, now, no other team/mates wants him.

Serves him right ! Karma is a real b1tch :reddevile:

30 August 2017   10:30 (CEST) - This is a subject which is very difficult for some people to discuss and accept. It was tried on this forum on numerous occassions, and result was not too great. 

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

30 August 2017   10:30 (CEST) - This is a subject which is very difficult for some people to discuss and accept. It was tried on this forum on numerous occassions, and result was not too great. 

Whether they accept or not, it is what's going on. It's all downhill after Renault.

IMO Alonso should pickup a Hammer and start carpentry. Nothing left for him in the racing world. He's nothing more than just an old washed up noisy SOB who is unwanted. 

Massa

Re:...Did you know he raced for McLaren a little bit?

>Indeed I did know, He were also TOO large (FAT whatever U call it) to FIT into the drivers seat !!

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, radical-one said:

They ALREADY have him - Stoff VD
& ANOTHER (Norris) !!

On 8/30/2017 at 8:28 AM, radical-one said:

31 August 2017 |  9:04 (CEST)

ABITEBOUL: I DON’T WANT A FRUSTRATED FERNANDO IN A RENAULT

"We have commented on that already. Fernando has some history with Mercedes and it was not always the best," Wolff told the BBC.

Self explanatory.

31 August 2017 |  13:34 (CEST)

GP247

Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams has denied she has had any talks with Alonso regarding a deal for 2016, pouring cold water on reports that an offer has been made to the Spaniard by the Grove outfit....

With a place on the F1 grid for next year unavailable for Alonso at Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and apparently at Renault, Williams has been bandied about as a possible destination for him.

Available for exploration:  Sauber, Force India, TR, Haas, US based series, retirement, or McLaren for another year.

No one in IndyCar can afford to pay Alonso.  The series is pathetically cash-poor.  Unless he agrees to not only bring funding, but pay himself a tiny little salary out of his own funding, he's not in IndyCar.  And the factory teams are leaving WEC, killing LMP1 for good.  So, that's out of the picture, too.  I suppose he could get paid to race in the GT class if he wanted a slower car competing for less-important prizes—he has a lot of experience doing that, though they at least give a trophy in endurance racing.  Super GT/Super Formula are out of the question, given that if his relationship with Honda is good enough to drive for Honda, he'd rather make $50,000,000/year or whatever driving for McLaren than go there.  American sports car racing is in as bad a state as IndyCar, even though there are factory prototypes in America (DPi, which is basically LMP2s with manufacturer-specific bodywork...it's a sack of farts for a top class, but it's cost-effective, and probably replacing LMP1) from Acura (Honda, so not happening—rumor has it Jenson Button may be one of those drivers, even if only for endurance races), Mazda, and Cadillac.  Some of the drivers in Australia get paid to race, though I don't think Alonso wants to do that kind of racing.  DTM is dying when Mercedes leaves.

That leaves two series: Formula E, which is where all the manufacturers are going.  It's the series that has killed LMP1, will kill DTM in a year, and will kill more series as it advances.  The drivers in Formula E get paid, too, even if not as much as Alonso makes in F1.  But Formula E doesn't fit his dreams of winning Le Mans and Indy.  Or, there's NASCAR: the only place where a driver can earn a salary at F1 levels.  Of course, it's not a fair comparison—the NASCAR calendar is non-stop for about 40 weeks, so you get paid the same in the end, but you work a lot harder for it.  Alonso has expressed he'd leave F1 if there were more races, and that he prefers PlayStation NASCAR to real NASCAR, so I don't think he'll be there.

The short version of this post: few series have teams that can pay Alonso, and the ones that do are places where Alonso has shown no interest in being.  Thus, he's staying in F1, and realistically, McLaren is the only team that will have him.

31 August 2017   21:39 (CEST)  -  Staying with McLaren might be actually smartest decision this driver can make right now. He is happy with the car, and IMHO Honda is not too far from performance convergence with the front, therefore we cannot eliminate possibility that next year, similar to Ferrari miracle of this year, Honda might come out of the blocks in top form.

Hasegawa details reasons behind Honda F1's season of woe

Indeed,
Who knows what Honda - the WORLD`S biggest Automobile manufacturer,  can/will come up with.
It IS the LONG game.  Mclaren WERE winning as the Mercedes works team, 1998/99 WDC for Mika Hakkinen.
Mika waited something like 7 YEARS for HIS first win. Then
Back-to-back World Titles with Mclaren