Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Mclaren problems

There are basic errors happening at McLaren, that would NEVER have happened under Ron.

Pit stop errors, simple things that CAN be avoided, come on crew up your game.

Of course some things were unacceptable under Ron domination, but anyway things happened, he was though, but human at the end

McLaren

McLaren
More info, news, photos and videos: Profile page on Motorsport.com

finds adapting to change hard, says Honda

Masashi Yamamoto, Honda in the Press Conference
Masashi Yamamoto, Honda

Photo by: Sutton Images

McLaren is a systematic company that finds it hard to adapt to change, according to Honda chief Masashi Yamamoto, following its F1 relationship break-up.

Yamamoto suggested that its new F1 partner, Toro Rosso, will be more accommodating of change: “Working with McLaren, I’ve realised that they are a very big company which is very systematic. It’s obviously very strong because of that but at the same time they can find it hard to adapt to change.

19 September 2017   11:11 (CEST)

There is no doubt in my mind, that Honda will be better off without culture of McLaren, and all the noise on the sidelines. My congratulation goes to Honda.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

19 September 2017   11:11 (CEST)

There is no doubt in my mind, that Honda will be better off without culture of McLaren, and all the noise on the sidelines. My congratulation goes to Honda.

So happy for them.

I'm sure the will get their vindication with Torro Rosso next year.

19 September 2017   13:28 (CEST)

Honda is guilty of slow development on their path to convergence with their rivals, certainly slower than expectations were by their partners, that much is obvious but that is all. Under existing regulatory conditions I can envision how that happened, and all what I can do is to have kind understanding. (Been there, done that, and suffered just as much). I also think that TR will be pleased. Renault is a respectable French manufacturer, and they also will not stand still with their efforts, but at the end, I think it all will come to the same outcome and numbers will be close. The only pain Honda could feel, should Nissan decide to play switch-card on Japanese market. (Honda out, Ren/Niss in, look at us).

“Engineering company run by finance and HR (which has no clue) with a very short sighted attitude.

Yes, McLaren today and the one in glory years, just a name on the door and memories are left. This is not first time we heard about this from former employees.

Re:Renault is a respectable French manufacturer, and they also will not stand still with their efforts
>Isn`t this mirrored in Honda,   a "Japanese" manufacturer

It`s not just a name on the door. There IS the Mclaren Technology Centre (MTC) as well.
I HAVE been a guest of Ron Dennis` there !!

9 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Re:Renault is a respectable French manufacturer, and they also will not stand still with their efforts
>Isn`t this mirrored in Honda,   a "Japanese" manufacturer

It`s not just a name on the door. There IS the Mclaren Technology Centre (MTC) as well.
I HAVE been a guest of Ron Dennis` there !!

...it was just a metaphor. Read the linked article.

20 September 2017   5:38 (CEST)

Alliance is well know, which is why I've raised that subject in here. There is fierce competition between manufacturers, and one wonders how this situation will develop in Japan, i.e., where Honda "failed", and Nissan was called to save the day. Here in EU it is non-issue, however in Yokohama it might be different.

Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi was created in 1999, making it the longest-running transnational partnership between two major manufacturers in the automotive ...

If the McLaren-Renault project IS a success.

THAT would be HUGE egg on face / loss of face TO Honda

VERY possible,
I believe that they SHOULD
They HAVE up & comings, thanks to Ron`s ambitions
The likes of Stoffel VD, and ANOTHER GP2 performer.
No longer HAVE the Honda money THAT paid Alonso`s salary,
after Alonso`s WHINING - GP2 engine.
He (KEPT delaying and delaying a decision).
Walk

What WOULD be funny is, if Alonso FINNALY comes to a (yes) decision.
Mclaren Renault say, we will let you know, and think about it

True although better late than never as the say.

However there are still 6 races left in the season. Any upward improvement can show the difference between a good decision to a bad one ( honda or renault) 

Time will tell

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

LOL

Anyways, as of FP2 in Malaysia, Honda engine has the pace.... 

29 September 2017   17:52 (CEST)

Here is the claim, altho silly me, I thought they said the car was perfect, and there was nothing to improve.

New floor lifts McLaren and Alonso's performance

This time Honda will not get a good headline.

29 September 2017   23:22 (CEST)  Maybe had they (in Woking) delivered much earlier, McLaren would be today in better standing on a score board, instead blaming day in, day out all on Honda.