Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Competition

Whilst the Mclaren Honda project were a disaster.  
The Mclaren Renault WILL have direct analysis of performance
to compare against a sister car/team.
Red Bull ARE running and hiding, dropping Renault.
But the competition of the works Renault team WILL be there.
What if the McLaren Renault, out performs the works Renault

21 September 2017   18:55 (CEST)

McLaren outperforms Renault team? That much is expected. We must not forget in what kind of desolate state the Lotus team was, when Renault bought it. I've heard that Lotus home base was basically a garbage dump, and Renault had to begin in square one, rebuilding it. That is not case for McLaren. They have chassis done and ready. Disaster rather would be, if Renault-works outperforms McLaren. From what I am reading, all PUs will be however the same. No more excuses regarding engine.

22 September 2017   11:18 (CEST)

McLaren often in my recollection always blames someone else. Very British at that, if I may say so. When they had Mercedes motor, it was always that - customer - excuse for bad results. Even today with Honda, it was Boullier who once or twice have not admitted to other issues, but merely gently "mentioned" that they have to improve chassis. (Yasuhisa Arai was more direct on that point).

Boullier's occasional utterances about McLaren's internal structure, but that's another topic for another day, perhaps had something to do with that. (Too many head-swollen overstated titles on premises without power to execute and take responsibility, etc.)

When Mclaren had Mercedes PU, they WERE considered to be the works team by Hauge.
But Ron would NOT sell out, so Mercedes bought Brawn GP

22 September 2017   17:04 (CEST)

Divorce between McLaren and MB was allegedly based on conflict of interest in area of their luxury sports road sedans. I was not aware that MB in any time wanted to purchase McLaren team, just as that it was even for sale. McLaren was customer of MB just before Honda came onto a scene. There was initially some concern in Stuttgart how much of MB PU data Honda had access to before supply line from MB dried up.

Honda OBVIOUSLY didn`t have access to MB PU data OR didn`t use it if they did !!
Though Honda went their OWN direction, and interpretation, using a different method.
Which ultimately was, the WRONG decision.

The question now is. What ideas do Renault have?
RedBull were quick to JUMP.  In contrast why are McLaren soo EAGER?

23 September 2017   14:56 (CEST)

Renault quick to jump?

Maybe it was combination of push from people with big telephone numbers, and desire to divorce RBR, which is planned to happen in 2019. There was a lot of political activities going on out of our sight recently. Not all evolved around McLaren, but also aimed to keep Honda in and interested as the active player. One season with TR will be good for them (methinks).

Aston Martin Red Bull in DIRECT competition with McLaren Renault in the 2018 season.
Both using the SAME PU.
May the BEST team triumph, better luck next time Aston Martin Red Bull 

Won`t be a tiitle partner, obviously.
Could Zac Brown step IN?
Tag Heur obviously work along side Renault
McLaren`s new partner ... !!!
Tag Heur were sponsor`s with McLaren Mercedes