Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Odds

Now that Mclaren HAS dumped Honda,  for Renault.
What ARE the odds that,
Honda HAS learned from the last 3 years and ;
Becomes the DOMINANT force to Challenge
Mercedes
Or will Renault UP their game?

24 September 2017   22:46 (CEST)

There is a such thing as a technical system reaching its full optimized potential. Put it differently, each engine supplier will have nothing more to improve on their PU and make significant impact on race outcome. Weakest link will reach its limits.

I think we will see it next year. Advances on PU side will be at some point marginal, and its power will be most likely similar to other units. Difference will be then found in driver's skill, finding clean air during qualification, chassis, setup, and all that good stuff. They will be close, that's my prediction. It will not stop some people from complaining, that much I am sure off as well. If they really cannot use more than 3 engines, cost of reliability research will go through the roof. You can forget any budget caps. (But some will dream about those regardless.)

The last time a Honda-engined car won anything was 1992. The track record of Honda failing to perform goes back further than the last three years.

25 September 2017   6:00 (CEST)

Honda and Renault still have opportunities to maximize their equipment potential, whereas Ferrari and MB seems to be close to their limit, at least IMO. How they compare if and when they reach (converging) destination remains to be seen. I see determination to succeed on their own terms, thus I am hopeful. Failing is probably not an option people think about right now.

39 minutes ago, Sakae said:

25 September 2017   6:00 (CEST)

Honda and Renault still have opportunities to maximize their equipment potential, whereas Ferrari and MB seems to be close to their limit, at least IMO. How they compare if and when they reach (converging) destination remains to be seen. I see determination to succeed on their own terms, thus I am hopeful. Failing is probably not an option people think about right now.

Moving back to aerodynamic advantages then... Hope Ferrari suprizes with that too next year, their design concept of this year leaves much to be explored

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Moving back to aerodynamic advantages then... Hope Ferrari suprizes with that too next year, their design concept of this year leaves much to be explored

25 September 2017   6:49 (CEST)  -  Ferrari has to improve I think in two areas; qualifications (1 lap speed on demand), and setup is too rubber sensitive. Both drivers struggle to hit sweet spot of that car, but once they find it, game over.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, Ruslan said:

The last time a Honda-engined car won anything was 1992. The track record of Honda failing to perform goes back further than the last three years.

What about Jenson Button IN his BAR Honda ,
He was the 2009 Formula One World Champion, driving for Brawn GP
Brawn GP bought the old Honda team