Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Williams seat - 2018

Who will be racing with Baby Stroll in 2018 ?

Massa ?

Di Resta?

Kubica?

Wehrlein ?

Who else ?

I think Williams is better off with Massa, at least for 2018. He knows the team well, etc.

Kubica is just as old as Massa with less experience and big disadvantage in F1 time off not to

mention his sort-of disability.

Di Resta, meh. So so driver. 

Pascal, I would vote if not Massa as he is hungrier and has the speed but not much Financial backing unfortunately.

Again, there's no real right or wrong choice here, just who ever Clair fancies....

Re:... his sort-of disability ...
>Brain injury is a REAL disability
It is the Unseen disability

If you break a leg, U put it in plaster, a pot ...
It IS seen

With brain injury there are the REAL cognitive issues.
Speed of processing is reduced ...

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

That is an AMBIGUOUS statement !!

Im straight forward person and radical.

I say what I see. Take it or leave it...

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Re:... his sort-of disability ...
>Brain injury is a REAL disability
It is the Unseen disability

If you break a leg, U put it in plaster, a pot ...
It IS seen

With brain injury there are the REAL cognitive issues.
Speed of processing is reduced ...

His hands Im referring to. DUH

Well, I am surprised they struck with Massa for one more season. I think they should go with Kubica, who was clearly at one point a potential top driver. Put him on a one year contract and see what happens.

What IMHO is astonishing is the amount of money that the Strolls are spending for this very unfair testing programme, I though that JV was a bit tough on young Stroll but after reading how much they spent and how often young Stroll (still) gets to test I fear that good old Jacques has a point

26 September 2017   21:26 (CEST) - I find myself undecided whether I should be or shouldn't be astonished, how little protest this testing generated, if any. How about Honda receiving such benevolence and run parallel testing at will in Japan, or Ferrari running the same on their track? Would that be tolerated?

Notable - one of the F1 geniuses declared last year, that simulators are so advanced these days, that testing on a track is waste of resources. I thought it was rubbish-talk then, and think the same today. Williams approving such testing is on my side of the argument.

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

26 September 2017   12:01 (CEST)

Article is rather incendiary IMO with its tone when spending more on this than a fleeting thought.  Why a private test sponsored by family funds would or should pay for this guy? 

As usual Sakae. Money talks and BS takes the Bus.

10 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

What IMHO is astonishing is the amount of money that the Strolls are spending for this very unfair testing programme, I though that JV was a bit tough on young Stroll but after reading how much they spent and how often young Stroll (still) gets to test I fear that good old Jacques has a point

Jacques does have a point....but Lance Stroll himself just seems like a pretty nice 18-year old kid trying to carry himself in a tough situation. I hate to rag on him too hard. His dad is perfectly fair game on the other hand.

On 27/9/2017 at 6:58 AM, Ruslan said:

Jacques does have a point....but Lance Stroll himself just seems like a pretty nice 18-year old kid trying to carry himself in a tough situation. I hate to rag on him too hard. His dad is perfectly fair game on the other hand.

Sakae makes a good point: would such amount of testing by Honda or Ferrari be tolerated even with old cars? no. That is Lance Stroll's problem, if he achieves something (and in Baku he did very well) critics will always point to the blatantly unfair advantage that he has

28 September 2017   16:21 (CEST)  - Hamilton had to his disposal a vehicle which realistically was contested only by his teammate for three years, and fair or not, he and his fans aren't bothered for a second that perhaps his "achievements" are rather suspect when he assertively speaking how favorably he compares to Senna and beyond, how hard and fair he raced, as opposed to Vettel (whom he actually explicitly named) as favorable recipient of team orders in his team, and having best car from them all while with RBR.

As a casual observer, it seems that cult of personality prevails over content and unbiased analysis. New generation of dreamers has arrived, and they have their own God and their own truth. Fundamental unfairness of Stroll's special training has not even occurred to them.

If not Massa then my vote goes to Pascal Wehrein. Young , talented and can be quicker than any of the other over-the-hill candidates. 

If NOT Massa, then How About Alonso.
He has NOT signed for Mclaren, delaying making a decision.
SWOOP in and OFFER a Mercedes PU

5 October 2017   13:18 (CEST) 

Teams that they want him cannot afford him, and teams which can afford him do not want him.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

5 October 2017   13:18 (CEST) 

Teams that they want him cannot afford him, and teams which can afford him do not want him.

Agree

As for Kubica, he's too Disabled, too OLD and too BALD. He won't be able to withstand the intensity of a full race, let alone full season...

Pascal is the best bet ! 

Williams is still way too busy looking for a much slower team mate for Baby Stroll so that Daddy Stroll will be much more impressed with his spoiled kid and pour in more dough to Williams.

Enter Kubica. A sure slower older and balder over the hill guy who is sure to make Stroll look Faster. 

Williams is a JOKE !!!!:lol: 

10 December 2017   11:39 (CET)

Three factors seems to be in the play.

1. Business decisions involving sponsors of respective drivers.

2. Wehrlein has behind him not very stalwart season. Hard to say if that played any role when future was considered. (Mercedes dropped him).

3. Pascal is not the easiest person to work with. From outside he seems argumentative and not very receptive to criticism. (So I heard.)

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

10 December 2017   11:39 (CET)

Three factors seems to be in the play.

1. Business decisions involving sponsors of respective drivers.

2. Wehrlein has behind him not very stalwart season. Hard to say if that played any role when future was considered. (Mercedes dropped him).

3. Pascal is not the easiest person to work with. From outside he seems argumentative and not very receptive to criticism. (So I heard.)

(1) Correct.  He was dropped because Ferrari needed a place for a junior driver, and Marcus Ericsson's backers bought into the team.

(2) Wehrlein was doing just fine until Ericsson's backers bought into the team and fired Monisha Kaltenborn so that the underwhelming Ericsson could be the team leader.

(3) The F1 paddock says that about everyone who isn't from the dominant ethnic/racial group of their home country.  Wehrlein's not much different to work with from any other driver, but what is seen as "passion" or "fire" or "competitive spirit" in a white man is seen as disobedience and insubordination when it's someone else.