Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Obvious conclusion

The OBVIOUS conclusion has been announced.
Alonso HAS resigned for McLaren..
The pressure is NOW on Alonso to DELIVER for McLaren Renault.
Proving made the right decision to swap the Honda $$ MILLIONS
To KEEP Alonso

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

The OBVIOUS conclusion has been announced.
Alonso HAS resigned for McLaren..
The pressure is NOW on Alonso to DELIVER for McLaren Renault.
Proving made the right decision to swap the Honda $$ MILLIONS
To KEEP Alonso

Alonso IS worth millions of $, so something WORTH of MILLIONS is still THERE in mclaren.

It WILL be time for Alonso to STOP moaning AND deliver on track.

Nowhere for him to hide in the Mclaren Renault

Why would any team want a driver who's way overpaid, old and washed out and back stab his own team's engine supplier and financier ?

KARMA is a pain !

On 20/10/2017 at 9:46 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

no other team wants him...

If what you guys say is correct McLaren wanted him so badly they they were willing to drop Honda and all of Honda's money just to please Alonso. Either the guys at McLaren do not know what they're doing or I see a flaw in your (not only Brad's, I mean almost everyone on this forum) claim that no one wants him

15 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

If what you guys say is correct McLaren wanted him so badly they they were willing to drop Honda and all of Honda's money just to please Alonso. Either the guys at McLaren do not know what they're doing or I see a flaw in your (not only Brad's, I mean almost everyone on this forum) claim that no one wants him

What's happened with his monetary value?

I don't think they dropped Honda just for St.Alfonso. I mean, the engines are just pathetic

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

23 October 2017   13:24 (CEST)

I am not sure how to convert one's services into a monetary value, and be in absolute terms certain it is a correct number. What we however know without guessing, that mouth of many in paddock say one thing, and hand does something else. RBR could have, but did not hire Alonso in the past due to some half-baked explanation, MB could have him, yet they went after Bottas instead. If one googles for it, there is an article about Hamilton not caring about Alonso as his teammate at MB either. He was very explicit in his explanation. Honda was behind "need" to have a star on the team, and now is regretting it. Divorce from Honda was done under pressure from money people who own McLaren. (So was a claim once in the media).

Ferrari could re-hired Alonso, regardless what Vettel wants, but they decided not to do that. Somewhere there is probably an explanation of it all, and our own individual bias dictates how we are filling up those blanks.

I hang between indifference, and really disliking the guy because every time he opens his mouth, he rubs me wrong way. (The same as Hamilton does). 

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

23 October 2017   13:24 (CEST)

I am not sure how to convert one's services into a monetary value, and be in absolute terms certain it is a correct number. What we however know without guessing, that mouth of many in paddock say one thing, and hand does something else. RBR could have, but did not hire Alonso in the past due to some half-baked explanation, MB could have him, yet they went after Bottas instead. If one googles for it, there is an article about Hamilton not caring about Alonso as his teammate at MB either. He was very explicit in his explanation. Honda was behind "need" to have a star on the team, and now is regretting it. Divorce from Honda was done under pressure from money people who own McLaren. (So was a claim once in the media).

Ferrari could re-hired Alonso, regardless what Vettel wants, but they decided not to do that. Somewhere there is probably an explanation of it all, and our own individual bias dictates how we are filling up those blanks.

I hang between indifference, and really disliking the guy because every time he opens his mouth, he rubs me wrong way. (The same as Hamilton does). 

Good stuff. really great post 

there are only 3 teams that can win races, Mercedes needs someone who doesn't bother Hamilton and obviously Alonso would never fit that bill, Ferrari need someone who doesn't clash with Vettel and Vettel apparently asked in his contract negotiations that Kimi's contract be extended, on top of that Ferrari's Marco Mattiacci showed Fernando the door (and was fired for that reason) so the chances of Nando going back to Ferrari were very slim. Then there is RBR where they have too many top drivers (Verstappen, Ricciardo and Sainz), they have 3 top drivers and 2 available seats so it wouldn't make much sense for them to hire Alonso. On top of that RBR has a young driver proramme and it makes sense for them to use the drivers coming through from their young drivers' programme (good for their image and much cheaper), so RBR would never hire someone like Alonso (or Hamilton for that matter). For these reasons the 3 top teams are no go areas for Alonso. Then there is McLaren who was and still is ready to do everything to have him onboard (and judging by how he drove yesterday IMHO they have a very good point for doing so), Renault said that they don't have a car suitable for someone who is in the hunt of the WDC but that they would love to do business with Alonso again in the future, and that's 2 teams who want him. We are left with Williams but Williams on the one hand hasn't got the budget to hire someone like Alonso and they need someone who doesn't shame Stroll every time they turn their engine on. It doesn't look to me as if Alonso is a reject and that no one wants him, if no one wanted him he'd have 0 negotiating power and he would have to pay to race, like many of the drivers on the grid, or at the very least accept to be paid peanuts

23 October 2017   15:56 (CEST)

Interesting angle about reasons why Mattiacci was let go. It was rumored and all circumstantial evidence suggested that he sacked Alonso alright, but I was led to believe it was not unilateral decision, and brass was involved.

I am not sure how many had true access to close door negotiations with Vettel to know details, but we all understand that this is most likely last year in F1 for Kimi, whereas Seb signed contract for 3 years. Vettel to demand that Kimi would be his partner for duration is rather hard to believe. It also makes mockery of what Arrivabene said, namely we, and only we (in management) are choosing drivers. If anyone around here should know, it would be Publius, that there is substantial difference between expressing hope Kimi will be hired, and placing such condition upon one's future action, and risking his own family income. All those who had suggested they know should perhaps explain what would have transpired if Vettel's alleged demand was refused? (Assuming he demanded its Kimi, or I leave). There was no seat for him. Would he retired then? Vettel is many things to many people, but he is not an idiot. He has young family to take care about, and driving is his golden goose.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

23 October 2017   15:56 (CEST)

Interesting angle about reasons why Mattiacci was let go. It was rumored and all circumstantial evidence suggested that he sacked Alonso alright, but I was led to believe it was not unilateral decision, and brass was involved.

I am not sure how many had true access to close door negotiations with Vettel to know details, but we all understand that this is most likely last year in F1 for Kimi, whereas Seb signed contract for 3 years. Vettel to demand that Kimi would be his partner for duration is rather hard to believe. It also makes mockery of what Arrivabene said, namely we, and only we (in management) are choosing drivers. If anyone around here should know, it would be Publius, that there is substantial difference between expressing hope Kimi will be hired, and placing such condition upon one's future action, and risking his own family income. All those who had suggested they know should perhaps explain what would have transpired if Vettel's alleged demand was refused? (Assuming he demanded its Kimi, or I leave). There was no seat for him. Would he retired then? Vettel is many things to many people, but he is not an idiot. He has young family to take care about, and driving is his golden goose.

Mattiacci was fired from Ferrari for that very reason, it was all over the papers

Regarding Vettel and Kimi of course he could only ask for a one year extension for Kimi, but still he never denied that he made very clear to Ferrari that he wanted Kimi as his team mate next year. Again that is what was in the papers.

Re Arrivabene I think that these days the guy cannot choose his own lunch, let alone who drives for Ferrari :loljump: oh and there are strong rumours that next year the team principal will be Mattia Binotto, we shall see

19 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Re Arrivabene I think that these days the guy cannot choose his own lunch, let alone who drives for Ferrari :loljump: oh and there are strong rumours that next year the team principal will be Mattia Binotto, we shall see

i) Agree 100% with first part,

ii) SM stated that (idiotic, he said) switch with Mattia doesn't makes any sense.

however

He did not say the Arrivabene¨s job is save, and someone other than Binotto is not coming to take over. Maybe SM forgot to tell us...

IMHO neither Arri or SM are actually qualified to run an F1 team. JT wasn't either, but he prospered only because he had afforded full autonomy to Brawn, who in turn had some smart people in critical positions, and was clever enough not to talk too much or interfere with them.

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Good stuff. really great post 

every time he opens his mouth, he rubs me wrong way. (The same as Hamilton does). 

Do U enjoy all this, being rubbed - Was it good for U - cigarette time   !! lol

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Do U enjoy all this, being rubbed - Was it good for U - cigarette time   !! lol

Hey! I'm trying to quit smoking u talking about smoking. Very good influence you are!:P

So your ambition IS to be a quitter.
The EASY way to quit smoking IS, not to start !!
How many people, wake up in the morning,       
not coughing, with normal breathing say, 
I REALLY should START smoking?