Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VicVenom

Verstappen; Best driver of the season!

Verstappen: Easily the best driver of the year :clap3:

Outperformed the same driver that made Vettel run away from Red Bull with the tail between his legs. He's won two races where the Ferrari had a faster car. Only Alonso and perhaps Hamilton could give him a run for his money. 

The Verstappen era has arrived!

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

:lol::roll:

Verstappen. Driver of the year...EASILY :roll:

Yes, it is funny how much better Verstappen is than the rest of the field :lol:

6 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Yes, it is funny how much better Verstappen is than the rest of the field :lol:

He's got some talent, fast, but needs some finessing Peanutgallery. I'de like to see Ocon as a teammate to Verstappen tho. That should be interesting

40 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He's got some talent, fast, but needs some finessing Peanutgallery. I'de like to see Ocon as a teammate to Verstappen tho. That should be interesting

What finessing? He's made less errors than pretty anyone else this year. Vettel has been the one causing incidents.

Ocon? He'd be smashed. He's nothing special at all. 

We will know much more next season. It appears that he has finally gotten the edge over DR this season. As this guy may be more truly more dislikeable than Alonso/Vettel/Hamilton (pick your poison)....I find it particularly difficult to warm up to him.

50 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

We will know much more next season. It appears that he has finally gotten the edge over DR this season. As this guy may be more truly more dislikeable than Alonso/Vettel/Hamilton (pick your poison)....I find it particularly difficult to warm up to him.

Verstappen is much more likeable than Vettel. At least Verstappen is honest and genuine. Vettel often lies thought his teeth. Just like his fanboys. 

Vettel can be absolutely charming, funny and pleasant in-between his infamous hissy fits. He is also pretty bright. Verstappen: we shall see.

10 hours ago, Ruslan said:

It appears that he has finally gotten the edge over DR this season.

I don't agree with this, I think that overall DR is still ahead despite the fact that Verstappen looks like he's the darling bud of Red Bull and or the FIA and everyone talks about what he does (which is good, both what he does and the fact that people praise him) but in the end RD is ahead notwithstanding the fact that he had his fair share of bad luck

Also whereas Max is usually breaking some rule (the fact that I find some of these rules silly and that I would break them myself isn't an issue here), DR normally manages to get results without breaking the rules and without being perceived as dirty or unfair by his peers, which IMHO is really impressive. I'm not sure that in terms of pure speed DR is on a par with, say, Hamilton, but in terms of racecraft I'd say that he's the best out there (maybe on a par with Alonso)

Well, I think your comparison of DR to Hamilton is also appropriate for DR to Verstappen. In terms of pure speed, not on par with Hamilton/Verstappen...but in terms of racecraft......well, DR seems to have a way of bedeviling the best of them.