Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

2017 Brazil

I finally found the energy Sunday evening to watch Brazil. Great drive from Hamilton...but he did not take the win (or even a podium)...which was almost within reach !!! Pretty unimpressive drive from Bottas. He has looked very mediocre the second half of the season. I find it hard to believe that either Bottas or Raikkonen will be employed after next year. They appear to both be safe #2s.

Otherwise, the race pretty uneventful.

13 November 2017   15:34 (CET)

Mercedes run mild 2018 car configuration (in 2017 race) on the car #44. Vettel explained also their added advantage car 44 had in strategy choices of tires, which they would not have chosen (with high probability), had there was still on active WDC fight on top shelve. It was equipment and fast tire which propelled the driver forward. Vettel was less impressed than (most of?) Hamilton's fans with his progress. That car has of course huge chance to win next race under normal conditions. Bottas didn't enjoyed the same treatment. Why FiA allowed such disparity in equipment exceeds my understanding how FiA police works. 

I only managed to watch the race up to lap 44 (roughly until Hamilton pitted), as usual from Interlagos there were good bits. IMHO Vetterl cruised to victory notwithstanding the fact that the Mercedes was a far superior car. I agree that it's astonishing that they waste a seat at Mercedes for Bottas, but there you, Little Lord Hamilton had had enough of someone who could challenge him :rolleyes: 

Raikkonen IHO fared better than Bottas, he was very close to him despite what looked like an inferior car

Hamilton did well, his car advantage was astonishing but coming through the field is difficult also for the car and he had nothing to prove

apart from that I enjoyed watching Ricciardo, as usual, pulling some really great moves at turn 1. 

Finally I don't understand why they penalised Grosjean, IMHO he had done nothing wrong, he simply lost his car while someone else was trying to pass him on the outside

I really like Interlagos, IMHO it produces very interesting races, I'd like more tracks like it and less stewards interference

13 November 2017   21:01 (CET)

The cliche "race is not won in a first corner" took a hit yesterday, and that is not first time mind you when a decider was won and lost so quickly. Ferrari needs to qualify better. March from P22 to P5 is difficult, but durable. March from P5 to P1 not so much. 

Mercedes seems little wobbly when following a car and picks dirty air.

Steiner is mad as h**l at FiA, but I am not sure what he - standing alone - can do about it. I am sympathetic to his cause. Arrivabene had a reason or two to vent his views in anger several times this year, but decided to hold his tongue in check.

What's with T. Wolff and his bromance with Hamilton? Best fourth place ever? Give me a break, please. Chill down Torger.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Finally I don't understand why they penalised Grosjean, IMHO he had done nothing wrong, he simply lost his car while someone else was trying to pass him on the outside

Yea, it looks like he just lost it. I heard he complained of a tire deflating. Probably not something that deserves a penalty.