Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2018 Ferrari SF71H

When were the last time, Ferrari won anything.
Or showed any dominance in F1?
More importantly can Ferrari survive without F1.
Global platform  for their brand.
The last successful Ferrari road car were - a long time ago.
Not even this Millenium (Year 2000+).

25 January 2018, 21:30 (UTC)

Your concerns are noted and taken into consideration. Not to worry is the only short answer I could come up with.

It means that Ferrari will survive with, or without the F1, IMO. 

Independent:

Asked how he would feel about being the chief executive who led Ferrari away from Formula One, Marchionne replied: "Like a million bucks because I'll be working on an alternative strategy to try and replace it. More rational one, too."

It doesn't sounds like Scuderia would step down from racing, just dropping F1 (soon to be NASCAR). Whilst noise is focused on Italians, in reality Renault and MB are sympathetic to Ferrari cause, and may decide to drop LM as well.  F1 will become under their governance something else, and never again the same. is it good or bad? I've no idea, but my ship at that point have sailed.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

It means that Ferrari will survive with, or without the F1, IMO. 

Independent:

It doesn't sounds like Scuderia would step down from racing, just dropping F1 (soon to be NASCAR). Whilst noise is focused on Italians, in reality Renault and MB are sympathetic to Ferrari cause, and may decide to drop LM as well.  F1 will become under their governance something else, and never again the same. is it good or bad? I've no idea, but my ship at that point have sailed.

Liberty is picking a fight with Ferrari because they want to leverage the special treatment that Ferrari received, they want to turn them into those greedy italians who want to win at whatever cost. Maybe without realising it but Liberty is driving Ferrari out of F1, and they are also pushing others away (i.e. Mercedes). 

I wish Liberty well but I also would love to see a new championship being born where we can get decent racing and have the otion to watch the races live and for free. Sadly I think that F1 has took a few wrong turn too many and this time things could get out of hand for Liberty pretty quickly (as soon as the big guns decide to go the FIA will back them) 

26 January 2018, 13:42 (UTC)

It's either F1 - as we like, or something else elsewhere, Mr. B.

People forgot what happened during those tumultuous times. Wiki is rather modest in describing (presumed) back-room deals for BE to ensure wheels will not come off of his little scheme.

Wiki:

On 24 June, an agreement was reached between Formula One's governing body and the teams to prevent a breakaway series. It was agreed teams must cut spending to the level of the early 1990s within two years; exact figures were not specified,[39] and Max Mosley agreed he would not stand for re-election to the FIA presidency in October.[40] Following further disagreements after Max Mosley suggested he would stand for re-election,[41] FOTA made it clear that breakaway plans were still being pursued. On 8 July, FOTA issued a press release stating they had been informed they were not entered for the 2010 season,[42] and an FIA press release said the FOTA representatives had walked out of the meeting.[43] On 1 August, it was announced FIA and FOTA had signed a new Concorde Agreement, bringing an end to the crisis and securing the sport's future until 2012.[44]

15 February 2018, 08:19 (UTC) I am unashamed Vettel's fan, no secrets with that, but is it just me or others noting as well, that aside of Italian F1 media, there is not a single peep about Vettel and maybe one about Kimi not too favorable, mind you. Maybe my scan of headlines is too shallow. A lot of attacks however against Scuderia, the "enemy" of all goodness in the sport, and soft minds on sidelines are catching on. F1 is so screwed up, because Ferrari is simply paid too much money. Whoa. I've noted probably over 50 articles dealing with McLaren/Alonso's uff and puffs, Brown dominates headlines as a top evangelist how F1 must get it right, just as Hamilton's suddenly found maturity elevates him to the level of Franz Kafka, but nothing about Ferrari's drivers. There is nothing good to be said about them in English speaking media? Makes one wonder what's coming when season starts. I am digging for a bunker.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

15 February 2018, 08:19 (UTC) I am unashamed Vettel's fan, no secrets with that, but is it just me or others noting as well, that aside of Italian F1 media, there is not a single peep about Vettel and maybe one about Kimi not too favorable, mind you. Maybe my scan of headlines is too shallow. A lot of attacks however against Scuderia, the "enemy" of all goodness in the sport, and soft minds on sidelines are catching on. F1 is so screwed up, because Ferrari is simply paid too much money. Whoa. I've noted probably over 50 articles dealing with McLaren/Alonso's uff and puffs, Brown dominates headlines as a top evangelist how F1 must get it right, just as Hamilton's suddenly found maturity elevates him to the level of Franz Kafka, but nothing about Ferrari's drivers. There is nothing good to be said about them in English speaking media? Makes one wonder what's coming when season starts. I am digging for a bunker.

Maybe because Vettel is a boring ****? 

I hope he retires from every race this season.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

15 February 2018, 11:42 (UTC) New Ferrari engine hits reliability targets

Good news from Maranello, calming down reliability concerns. It will be even better when we live through season after all three engines survive without fail or significant degradation in their performance.  

+1

Seems they have been working tirelessly and systematically since the first admissions earlier this year of the reliability of the engine. Great news indeed!!

Side-pods is area open to development. It is safe to say we will see a different side view when racing clicks in.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Side-pods is area open to development. It is safe to say we will see a different side view when racing clicks in.

Those sidepods are amazingly small !!!??

28 February 2018, 12:16  Ferrari new updates were noticed to arrive in first mid week of testing. Unfortunately those were wrong ones for obvious reasons. Sled pulled by Huskies should be used in this weather instead. 

1 March 2018, 19:56 - Ferrari at the end of first phase of testing (3 working days):

Montmelò – covered distance 1387.19 km/h. (equivalent 4.5 race distances), no significant issues emerged such as Seb experienced for example at RBR in 2014.

6 March 2018, 18:42  -  Solid day at the office from Seb. (170 laps denotes approx. 3 race distances on Circuit de Catalunya.) He will have probably bloodshot eyes, but happy. Good stuff, understated strength.