Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2018 Ferrari SF71H

Following headline actually surprised me:

ITALIAN NEWSPAPERS SAY 2018 CAN BE FERRARI'S YEAR

Race data in Melbourne made me actually more pessimistic, thus I went into opposite direction, but I don't mind if I got it wrong.

A question to ponder is whether "brilliant" strategy can compensate and offset machinery deficit to MB - every time, or at least until convergence occurs. One way perhaps to do that is to let Bottas fight with RB, and running Seb and Kimi on two race strategies against #44, as we have seen in Melbourne. Occasionally it might work, but surely not every time. This time even Pirelli dribbled in on the debate; team is there, drivers are there, but car needs to improve. 

12 April 2018, 20:09 (CEST)

nintchdbpict000394231408.jpg?strip=all&w

Seb was hit with midlife crisis too soon? :lol:

He is helping aero department best he can to the tiniest of details.

nintchdbpict000394231400.jpg?strip=all&w

4 June 2018, 13:11 (CEST) - Maranello is preparing for life without Liberty and the F1? Certainly that's one interpretation of their most recent initiatives. More power to them, I say.

5 July 2018, 19:14 (CEST)

Verstappen

Verstappen asked RB to release him for Ferrari appointment in 2018.

The article is year old and it is significant for one reason only, namely, it reveals what Ferrari management was planning a year ago. Revelation should put away any concerns, that Vettel is blocking serious competition from joining him. Confirmation of next year drivers lineup I gather is on back burner for now, however both, Kimi and Leclerc are available. It is debatable whether Charles needs mid-level team vetting before moving to a front team. From Sauber to Ferrari is a mighty jump after all.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

5 July 2018, 19:14 (CEST)

Verstappen

Verstappen asked RB to release him for Ferrari appointment in 2018.

The article is year old and it is significant for one reason only, namely, it reveals what Ferrari management was planning a year ago. Revelation should put away any concerns, that Vettel is blocking serious competition from joining him. Confirmation of next year drivers lineup I gather is on back burner for now, however both, Kimi and Leclerc are available. It is debatable whether Charles needs mid-level team vetting before moving to a front team. From Sauber to Ferrari is a mighty jump after all.

Would be a suitable replacement for Kimi. However, as you indicated... I feel he needs another year or 2 before he "gets" that jump. Pressure amd scrutinization, is that even a word, is enormous driving for a team like Ferrari

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Would be a suitable replacement for Kimi. However, as you indicated... I feel he needs another year or 2 before he "gets" that jump. Pressure amd scrutinization, is that even a word, is enormous driving for a team like Ferrari

Long time ago I got burnt with a guy name Fisi, who I thought will be really great. Now I need to see more before I would move Charles. Best would be (in theory) to move Charles to Force India, and Ocon to Ferrari. It is not going to happen, but Leclerc would be that way properly vetted.

Hamilton, Alonso and Ricciardo are yet to be confirmed for next year.

Marchionne is ill...

Will his successor get involved in choosing next year drivers line up? Sergio will be not returning to work, It's shame, because he was planning his retirement soon. I wish him well in post-op recovery.

A lot is to be decided:

1. Kimi's future.

2. New management's position regarding Liberty's proposed changes.

How times changed. I was among those, who did not consider him a good fit for this (racing) job. I still think that his greatest contribution to the team was twofold. (1) Allocating money (affording large budget), and (2) Letting internal resources to demonstrate how good they really are.

22 minutes ago, Sakae said:

How times changed. I was among those, who did not consider him a good fit for this (racing) job. I still think that his greatest contribution to the team was twofold. (1) Allocating money (affording large budget), and (2) Letting internal resources to demonstrate how good they really are.

Me too!

Well done on his part. I had to eat some humble pie, but it tasted great!

Of course this was not planned, however this change inevitable as it is, will disturb current balance within. I would bet that employees were told to carry on, there is no change, but in reality they all think - fine, but for how long I still have this job? 

Insistence by some that series "budget" rule is needed will inevitably lead to decrease in human resources. I do not believe that it doesn't affects people behavior whose livelihoods are in stake, especially when they aren't sure where new leader will take them. This is really unfortunate situation for Ferrari.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Of course this was not planned, however this change inevitable as it is, will disturb current balance within. I would bet that employees were told to carry on, there is no change, but in reality they all think - fine, but for how long I still have this job? 

Insistence by some that series "budget" rule is needed will inevitably lead to decrease in human resources. I do not believe that it doesn't affects people behavior whose livelihoods are in stake, especially when they aren't sure where new leader will take them. This is really unfortunate situation for Ferrari.

I note your concern, but I think this Elkann guy was quite "close" to Mr Sergio. He should be familiar with the vision Sergio had and maybe will follow close in his footsteps.

It's official now.

Ferrari announcement regarding changes at the relevant top post.

Who is Louis Camilleri?

Camilleri is a new CEO, a role SM held at Ferrari. Elkann, as an executive director is one level up on the org chart. It is however true, that he was up to date on all what SM was doing. Having said that, we cannot claim Elkann agreed with all SM's decisions.  I would have been happier had LdM - mister Ferrari - was called back. 

Sergio Marchionne the indiscretion about his health: "Lung cancer patient", "is in a coma"

Officially it is known that Sergio Marchionne is in critical condition, which has worsened and that after the shoulder surgery will not return to work in FCA. But there are rumors about his health. According to the Dagospia site, Marchionne "is suffering from lung cancer". While Paolo Madron of Lettera43 writes on Twitter: "Things that you would never want to say, but that the duty of news unfortunately imposes on us: Marchionne is in a deep coma".

(Google translated from an Italian site).

Ferrari should sign LeClerc. 

When Red Bull hired a young driver to go against Vettel they found that the young driver was much quicker and made Vettel leave the team. History would probably repeat itself. 

I am wondering if we will see Louis Camilleri in Hungary next race to introduce himself, and talk to us as much as he can about future...

It was expected, yet it caught us surprised, and unprepared.
Good bye Mr. Marchionne.

RIP Sergio.