Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2018 Ferrari SF71H

why this article comes up suddenly? Mark is not even in the picture and this happened long time back. It was clear that redbull gave preference to seb, a much younger and a hungrier driver. Its the same case with all teams. Once ricci stepped in he was given much preference and now max. Horner sometimes says silly things.

I still remember what horner said when seb left for ferrari, "Seb will be seeing the back of our cars" now we know better .

First of all, it is a month when good stories are scares. It's every year like that. Secondly, Vettel IMO never was absolved of the responsibility for that event in media or by fans, and even today I do find forums where he is being smeared for that overtake, yet Webber never suffered the same level of humiliation in 2012 for his atrocious behavior. It is actually very first time I read something about Horner coming clean and clear on that subject.

The same goes for that new part (wing was it?) in Silverstone which belong initially to Webber, however when asked and chosen not to mount it, Seb subsequently got it on decision by mgt, yet Webber after race made the issue highly political and distorted. 

Problem in that relationship I think was, that Webber had aspiration to be No. 1 driver there, and that dream race by race was shuttered once he realized Vettel is not to be taken lightly. After that Webber's dark side took better of him, and Anglo media gladly poured gasoline on that rupture. Like in any sport, media are sometimes part of the problem, playing on people's emotions.

Raikonnen today doesn't say much, but in his case he is obviously angry with what he reads, as seen recently when refused number of requests for an interview. Seb still puts up with them.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

First of all, it is a month when good stories are scares. It's every year like that. Secondly, Vettel IMO never was absolved of the responsibility for that event in media or by fans, and even today I do find forums where he is being smeared for that overtake, yet Webber never suffered the same level of humiliation in 2012 for his atrocious behavior. It is actually very first time I read something about Horner coming clean and clear on that subject.

The same goes for that new part (wing was it?) in Silverstone which belong initially to Webber, however when asked and chosen not to mount it, Seb subsequently got it on decision by mgt, yet Webber after race made the issue highly political and distorted. 

Problem in that relationship I think was, that Webber had aspiration to be No. 1 driver there, and that dream race by race was shuttered once he realized Vettel is not to be taken lightly. After that Webber's dark side took better of him, and Anglo media gladly poured gasoline on that rupture. Like in any sport, media are sometimes part of the problem, playing on people's emotions.

Raikonnen today doesn't say much, but in his case he is obviously angry with what he reads, as seen recently when refused number of requests for an interview. Seb still puts up with them.

Lovely stuff!

Character-building years at Ferrari have changed Vettel - Horner

F1 News, Reports and Results

A few opinions (friendly for a change)

"He’s a much more rounded driver," says the Red Bull racing chief. "He was still very young when he won those four world championships. Having a few character building years at Ferrari have made him more rounded. "He’s very good under pressure. He’s very much a rock within that team. If he gets a sniff of a chance after the summer break, he’ll be very difficult to beat."

Villeneuve: 'Vettel would try to eat Leclerc alive!'

Another man well acquainted with Vettel, and instrumental during his formative years in motorsport, is for BMW Sauber team principal Mario Theissen. Like Horner, the German manager, who visited the F1 paddock at Hockenheim recently, has observed Vettel's transformation, especially with regard to how he deals with setbacks. And Hockenheim was one massive disappointment for the 31-year-old Ferrari stalwart. "What I see this year, as opposed to the years before, he is much more composed when reflecting on a situation, especially after a bad result,", Theissen told Formula1.com.

Above is reaffirmation of my observations of Vettel as a driver, and as a person. It makes him an adult in contrast to a few others on the grid today. It is relieve to read something like that. 

Kimi Raikkonen was told that he wouldn't be driving for Ferrari before the Italian Grand Prix last weekend according to Autosprint.corrieredellosport.it...

...and then came Monza. Hamilton said he will miss Kimi. After last race, I am not surprised. Gift to MB was quite impressive.