Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

2018 Mercedes

6 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

You really are a retard. 

Your s##thead of a hero got lucky today. 

Peanutgallery

That he got lucky is exactly our point in the other thread, since Hamilton had it all but in the bag. Must have been painful for you to watch Vettel win. I know it hurts

What do you have to say of MadMax's amateur rookie-type mistake. Costing him valuable points. Apparently Marko's new so-called project. Both the RBR drivers seem have some serious mental faults methinks. 

16 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery

That he got lucky is exactly our point in the other thread, since Hamilton had it all but in the bag. Must have been painful for you to watch Vettel win. I know it hurts

What do you have to say of MadMax's amateur rookie-type mistake. Costing him valuable points. Apparently Marko's new so-called project. Both the RBR drivers seem have some serious mental faults methinks. 

When has Max ever crashed into another car on purpose?

Go back to doing your s##tty and weird drawings. 

If you were Toto, will you pay Lewis this crazy amount  ?

If it was me,  I would hire Ricciardo or some younger blood to replace Lewis than paying this amount. With a Package like Merc, any good to better drive can win the Trophy IMO.

Hamilton demanding $60M/year after Wolff “mistake”

12 April 2018, 19:57 (CEST)

Wolff names Sainz as Mercedes candidate

What's going on with these strangely surprising choices? Australian side of RBR stable can't be happy with such headlines, especially after denying existence of any and all contacts with Ferrari (denotes reported Letter of Intent doesn't exists).

Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes ‘in crisis’ – Villeneuve

Meltdown on two levels? It was rumored that Hamilton asked for pay rise from 40 to 60 MM. I am not sure what he was thinking - about himself, MB, people who have not lost their mind, etc.

Ruslan predicted Vettel's meltdown earlier this year, and look how tables turned quickly, and who is having nervous breakdown. I am not sure what is all this about, but ffs the season only began...

Brundle recons THAT Hamilton WILL retire at the end of the reason.

And that,  Ric of Red Bull Racing WILL replace him.

I have been thinking Hamilton shall quit by the end of 2020, but on the other hand, early retirement decision could possibly explain that obscene pay demand he placed to Wolff. Coin falling either way would be probably fine with Hamilton.

Question rather is then how much arrival of competition on the scene (Ferrari RBR) has contributed for him to run? Driving fast broomstick without challenge from rivals is one thing, however having your ego stepped on race by race is altogether a different matter.

If he does quit after this season for whatever reason, Merc will not have a problem choosing from many qualified drivers young or experienced who can fill the seat.

Heck, they can hire 3 drivers for the salary they are paying Lewis. 

To comfort Bottas. But Wolff is not saying they don't exchange emails with other drivers or talk to them or send them sms or ring them on the phone....

16 minutes ago, Robert Rick said:

To comfort Bottas. But Wolff is not saying they don't exchange emails with other drivers or talk to them or send them sms or ring them on the phone....

Exactly. You don't want to demoralize your current driver while you are lining up their replacement. I gather that Mercedes pretty much has the pick of the field, except Vettel and Verstappen, Hulkenburg, and maybe one or two others protected by contracts.

Two names potentially interested in Bottas seat, and which are available next season - not much speculation about it - are of course Ricciardo and Alonso. Whether Wolff was sending a message to those two remains a subject of rumors, because he could have just as well said absolutely nothing about that subject at this point of time.

Contract negotiations with Hamilton seems really odd one. Optics suggest that his seat could be for grabs - perhaps for lost of interest or some other reasons. What does that mean anyway - we start negotiations with Lewis only after we improve (our) car, said Wolff. Narrative is there that neither side is happy with the other one.

Is Hamilton in pain seeing other names on the front row? Good times are over, we all understand that, however his car is still very much competitive, and all what he has to do is to drive it, at least as good as Bottas does his.

Ocon? Hard to say what will happen with him. The way Wolff and Lauda treated  Wehrlein, I've swallowed bitter pill and expect exactly nothing from this duo. I merely hope that once in a while some of those young guys will get chance to drive a good car, rather than Hamilton monopolizing a good seat forever for his own advancement. 

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ocon? Hard to say what will happen with him. The way Wolff and Lauda treated  Wehrlein, I've swallowed bitter pill and expect exactly nothing from this duo. I merely hope that once in a while some of those young guys will get chance to drive a good car, rather than Hamilton monopolizing a good seat forever for his own advancement. 

Not sure why you blame Hamilton for monopolizing a good seat...when Vettel has done the same.

The real problem is too few teams, not enough competitive teams, and a very unequal field.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Ruslan said:

Not sure why you blame Hamilton for monopolizing a good seat...when Vettel has done the same.

Sometimes I am not sure that we are watching the same racing series. Vettel progressed from the tier 2 teams to RBR a team in development, stayed 5 years, and moved to Ferrari, a team with uncertain future. Hamilton moved from the tier 1 team into another tier 1 team, having really easy life for too long.

It is time for Hamilton to vacant that MB' seat, go back to McLaren, and show us what he can do (other than talk).

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sometimes I am not sure that we are watching the same racing series. Vettel progressed from the tier 2 teams to RBR a team in development, stayed 5 years, and moved to Ferrari, a team with uncertain future. Hamilton moved from the tier 1 team into another tier 1 team, having really easy life for too long.

It is time for Hamilton to vacant that MB' seat, go back to McLaren, and show us what he can do (other than talk).

Sometime I wonder if we live on the same planet. Vettel was on a "tier 2 team" for one full season. From 2009 and on, Red Bull was a top team. In 2009 Mark Webber won two races and eight podiums with that car. Hardly a back marker. In the last 11 seasons, Vettel has been with a team able to win races in 10 of those seasons.

We get it that you don't like Hamilton.....but hard to follow the logic of why he should go back the McLaren, unless you also believe the Vettel should go back to Toro Rosso.

3 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Sometime I wonder if we live on the same planet. Vettel was on a "tier 2 team" for one full season. From 2009 and on, Red Bull was a top team. In 2009 Mark Webber won two races and eight podiums with that car. Hardly a back marker. In the last 11 seasons, Vettel has been with a team able to win races in 10 of those seasons.

We get it that you don't like Hamilton.....but hard to follow the logic of why he should go back the McLaren, unless you also believe the Vettel should go back to Toro Rosso.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Ruslan said:

The real problem is too few teams, not enough competitive teams, and a very unequal field.

Once again this thread has turned to Vettel (are we back to him again)...

Sakae's point... is that Hamilton has hopped from tier 1 team to tier 1 team, whilst Vettel has progressed from Torro Rosso to "just an energy drinks company"(as was said from disgruntled critic and foe alike)  to arguably THE top team in F1.

We were discussing Merc and Hamilton's options, untill you waded in with your heavy Vettel act again. Learn to be objective

6 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Allow me to add...

Vettel has won races for every single team he raced for. Hamilton also but only for top tier teams. Thats why I rate Vettel slightly better than Hamilton, who I think is extremely gifted and fast racer. Included in the differing views is the abilities of race mismanagement, racecraft and their feedback into car development.

That's looking at things objectively