Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Grid Girls - Stay or Leave ?

Grid Girls - Stay or Leave ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grid Girls (Race Queen in Japan) should stay or Leave?

• Stay
    • Leave

I've voted LEAVE.

I am not a moralist, purist or anything of that kind, and I do not mind eye-candy once in a while on the beach, however there is this problem with personal values and respect for the other gender. Either you genuinely have one, or pretend that you have one, but it cannot be both ways. Choose.

I'd choose stay for the reason that ;

Grid girls are there because they wanna be a grid girl. They applied/audition for this job and gets paid for it.

F1 hire them because they / team / sponsors wants them. And they paid the cost for having them. 

Both parties agree no harm, no foul.

F1 fan can either look at them or not. Our choice at no cost.

37 minutes ago, radical-one said:

IF1 fan can either look at them or not. Our choice at no cost.

True, but I didn't think that is a point for discussion. BTW, should someone decided to follow up on your advise, how you want to avoid seeing them ...as suggested... unless one gives up viewing of pre-start activities altogether? (Something I will not do, and continue to watch whatever is there).

Indeed radical-one

F1 hire them because they / team / sponsors wants them. And they paid the cost for having them.

What is the problem? NOBODY is being abused
They do a job - they get paid.
Is ANYBODY complaining about the tea-boy`s ?
So out dated in modern F1 of branding - it SHOULD B the RedBull boy, or whatever fizzy drink
has the sponsorship

19 minutes ago, Sakae said:

True, but I didn't think that is a point for discussion. BTW, should someone decided to follow up on your advise, how you want to avoid seeing them ...as suggested... unless one gives up viewing of pre-start activities altogether? (Something I will not do, and continue to watch whatever is there).

It's just a figure of speech if you will. You can look at them however you want or not want just don't have to really mind them.

I raced for several years in Japan (not main races but sub-races to Formula Nippon and GT) and trust me, the Japanese photographers here are there to consume 98% of their film/camera time change these race queens up to a point that it's annoying and getting in our way. But I managed to not put my concentration on that / them and kept my work as scheduled. ;) 

23 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Indeed radical-one

What is the problem? NOBODY is being abused
They do a job - they get paid.
Is ANYBODY complaining about the tea-boy`s ?
So out dated in modern F1 of branding - it SHOULD B the RedBull boy, or whatever fizzy drink
has the sponsorship

Agree. Nothing is broken why change it.

They can add whatever they want but to get rid of the girls and their jobs would be the unfair thing to do IMO.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, radical-one said:

Agree. Nothing is broken why change it.

They can add whatever they want but to get rid of the girls and their jobs would be the unfair thing to do IMO.

Indeed,

Every accomplishment starts with
the decision to try
 - I DON`T see how,to get rid of the girls would accomplish anything!!

28 December 2017   17:26 (CET)

We see different lines while looking at the same subject, and that's what separates us, despite all efforts to find common ground.

Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision.

Ayn Rand

Some of us think that's good way to live.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision.

I HOPE they Also had underwear/clothes !!!

On December 29, 2017 at 7:08 AM, lipstick79 said:

I HOPE they Also had underwear/clothes !!!

They are wearing a hat and pair of boots ^_^

3 hours ago, radical-one said:

They are wearing a hat and pair of boots ^_^

Kinky - sounds like Debbie does Dallas !!

Maybe there is a third option. Maybe each race promoter should decide whether or not they want them, based upon local sensitivities and local values.

31 December 2017   12:43 (CET)

Promoters already decided what they what to do, and IMO not in most pleasant way, playing racial political card. In USGP Hamilton's grid lady was an African American, whereas the other drivers had Caucasian ladies standing by their boxes. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps we have become numb to this kind of decisions and manipulation of public opinion. I do not think however it is very helpful to play with charged gender issues in a store full of explosives, without having a proper solution in hand. Taking these girls of the grid makes sense to me as one of the pragmatic solution to societal issues of the day. F1 event is race-car oriented, not race-gender one. 

18 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

To stay!

But thats just becoz I'm somewhat of a perve.

I adore beauty... I'm an artist uknow

I don't blame u

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

31 December 2017   12:43 (CET)

Promoters already decided what they what to do, and IMO not in most pleasant way, playing racial political card. In USGP Hamilton's grid lady was an African American, whereas the other drivers had Caucasian ladies standing by their boxes. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps we have become numb to this kind of decisions and manipulation of public opinion. I do not think however it is very helpful to play with charged gender issues in a store full of explosives, without having a proper solution in hand. Taking these girls of the grid makes sense to me as one of the pragmatic solution to societal issues of the day. F1 event is race-car oriented, not race-gender one. 

Agree

1 minute ago, radical-one said:

You take away the grid girls then you will see a big drop in F1 male spectators - Guarantee !!

1 January 2018   8:45 (CET)

Scanning a few pages of various forums, and reading randomly posted comments, I think you might be onto something, radical-one. This begs a question then; does F1 wants to built its future on such customer base which tuned in merely to feed hormones, rather than watch the race?

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, lipstick79 said:

I AM also an artist BradSpeedMan, a pi$$artist !!
Guiness, pure genius - Officially Amazing (Multi World record holder)

I AM  Officially Amazing!! 

OverComesInjuryJpg.jpg