Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Grid Girls - Stay or Leave ?

Grid Girls - Stay or Leave ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grid Girls (Race Queen in Japan) should stay or Leave?

• Stay
    • Leave

Again, I think they should have left the decision to each race circuit. The local race operator knows what works best for his market.

But Marchionne is clearly not one for sentiment and said of Brawn recently, “What I do not care about is when Ross Brawn comes along and announces that grid girls must go, how the engine and chassis should be…”

“He behaves like Moses reading the Ten Commandments, but then when I call the boss of Moses [Carey] he tells me that was Brawn’s personal opinion,” added Marchionne.

11 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Again, I think they should have left the decision to each race circuit. The local race operator knows what works best for his market.

Agree as long as they keep the kids away

German media basically understand factor behind the decision as I do, and it is not its cost, as initially stated.

In response to the #MeToo debate, F1 has followed the example of darts and scrapped "Grid Girls," replacing the ladies with Grid Kids, a change which hasn't gone down well with everyone.

It is water under the bridge now, and we should be moving on. Moreover, it is also neither first or last of controversial (stupid) decisions we will see with this crowd.

Well, I am not surprised that the German media was opposed to grid girls. I suspect the U.S. does not care/does not object. Don't know about the rest of the countries that host F1 (I don't travel as much as I used to). But, that is why I think it should have been left to each race promoters. Different places have different attitudes towards sexuality/models/etc.

Liberty Mutual may have been overly sensitive about this issue. What I wonder is who brought it too their attention? I assume this is not something that Chase Carey had at the top of his list when he arrived.

Way to go Russia. 

I hope Japan follows...

Russia follows Monaco - wants 'pretty girls' on the grid!

Well, my recommendation was that it should have been left to each individual race promoter. They understand the sensitivities and desires of their locale market better that FOM or FIA. Looks like this is happening by default.

13 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, my recommendation was that it should have been left to each individual race promoter. They understand the sensitivities and desires of their locale market better that FOM or FIA. Looks like this is happening by default.

Agree totally.