Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2018 F1 season - discussion

Why would ANYBODY want to join,  Ferrari in a breakaway series ?
The series would have NO history.
If you look at different sports throughout the WORLD.
The MOST popular sports, ALL have history & heritage 
Women`s beach volleyball, is a POPULAR spectator sport
Though it has NO history.  Who were the 1988 Champion?
Who were the 1986 runner up?
But U KNOW who won the 1966 Football world cup
and who the runner up was !!
Thanks to HISTORY

15 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Why would ANYBODY want to join,  Ferrari in a breakaway series ?
The series would have NO history.
If you look at different sports throughout the WORLD.
The MOST popular sports, ALL have history & heritage 
Women`s beach volleyball, is a POPULAR spectator sport
Though it has NO history.  Who were the 1988 Champion?
Who were the 1986 runner up?
But U KNOW who won the 1966 Football world cup
and who the runner up was !!
Thanks to HISTORY

As a brand, Ferrari is mostly F1 on its own. It has that pedigree and status. It's too iconic

@Sakae

There are potentially numerous possibilities that,
 People are laughing WITH you and not
 AT you

NOT likely but, it IS a possibility

On 2/25/2018 at 1:49 AM, Caesar said:

You don't have time but you write them all the time. This is forum, everyone is talking to everyone.

If you say your japanese culture makes you dislike alonso's work ethic, but you can't see that alonso made his homework, but japanese honda didn't do their homework, although they made promises year after year.

For three years alo and stoff could only race each other, pardon me , first year they couldnt finish half of race distance. Little shouting from alo on team radio was very pleasant to hear, he had right to scream at lying honda engineers every second they spent together, but he didn't, they should be thankfull for that. ?

Exactly my point - you said - This is forum, everyone is talking to everyone - "Talking" , but all you responded to me was "Nonsense",

That is not Talking. , So....... Enjoy your day. Goodbye. I will not bother to any of your own NONSENSE response after this.

Regarding Alonso well, he is a d1ckhead for badmouthing his employer in Honda. You do not do that lowlife badmouthing in Japan  particularly when he was paid very well by the same company.

He can blame honda all his life but he never win a trophy for many years in Ferrari either so what's the difference?

I am 1000 percent sure he will never win any more championship forever so F him. I will quit this forum if Alonso even wins a race with McNissan this year.

He is washed up d1ckhead who blames everyone else for his lack of pace and results. And yes btw, he lost to a Japanese in Indy500. Takuma kicked his Spaniard nose so bad !

26 February 2018, 08:01

Testing is here. Subjects of my interest - per schedule - Kimi, Seb, Kimi and Seb is suppose to close the T1. I do not expect too much of drama first day, as it is logical (and customary) to run systems check first.

Go deep red!

4 hours ago, radical-one said:

Exactly my point - you said - This is forum, everyone is talking to everyone - "Talking" , but all you responded to me was "Nonsense",

That is not Talking. , So....... Enjoy your day. Goodbye. I will not bother to any of your own NONSENSE response after this.

Regarding Alonso well, he is a d1ckhead for badmouthing his employer in Honda. You do not do that lowlife badmouthing in Japan  particularly when he was paid very well by the same company.

He can blame honda all his life but he never win a trophy for many years in Ferrari either so what's the difference?

I am 1000 percent sure he will never win any more championship forever so F him. I will quit this forum if Alonso even wins a race with McNissan this year.

He is washed up d1ckhead who blames everyone else for his lack of pace and results. And yes btw, he lost to a Japanese in Indy500. Takuma kicked his Spaniard nose so bad !

Your post tells lot about you .

You hate alonso, it is your right, i don't mind it.

But i don't like liars.

You expect for japanese culture to be respected but you don't respect spanish very emotional culture.

Is lying normal thing in japanese culture? 

Cause nothing else but lies came from honda during their partnership.

Alonso was too kind.

You are a liar.?

26 February 2018, 11:43

In concrete terms, when Honda's staff were (consciously) lying?

I would be interested to know. It is a serious social accusation to tell someone of being a liar, and judging someone's intentions on the internet is IMHO borderline mental. Events often do not turn up as we expect, there are unintentional omissions which often surface after-fact, and probably all of us are sometimes mistaken with our predictions. Venturing from racing into field of psychology and ethics, a broken promise, a failure to recall and a misinterpretation of an ambiguous statement are not (being considered in current age) really lies, just as the term deception does not have to involve lying. One would have to show the intent to deceive with full awareness of such misrepresentation. Has Honda really committed such act?

______

Much of this "wisdom" is freely available in lesson on human coexistence. PSY 101, Ethics 101, Ask you parents 101.

HAHAHA

I wonder who will this d1ckhead blame this time :loljump:

McLaren have not had the best of starts to pre-season testing – not because of an engine failure, but this time because of a wheel.

Fernando Alonso put the first laps on the MCL33 at Barcelona on Monday but soon found himself off in the gravel.

The Spaniard’s MCL33 reportedly lost its right-rear wheel, pitching him into a spin at the final corner.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

26 February 2018, 11:43

In concrete terms, when Honda's staff were (consciously) lying?

I would be interested to know. It is a serious social accusation to tell someone of being a liar, and judging someone's intentions on the internet is IMHO borderline mental. Events often do not turn up as we expect, there are unintentional omissions which often surface after-fact, and probably all of us are sometimes mistaken with our predictions. Venturing from racing into field of psychology and ethics, a broken promise, a failure to recall and a misinterpretation of an ambiguous statement are not (being considered in current age) really lies, just as the term deception does not have to involve lying. One would have to show the intent to deceive with full awareness of such misrepresentation. Has Honda really committed such act?

______

Much of this "wisdom" is freely available in lesson on human coexistence. PSY 101, Ethics 101, Ask you parents 101.

Well if you tell year after year that you will give someone engine capable for wins and you don't do so, then you are lying.

I can understand first year was surprise, but other two were not. Not for honda, one of biggest name in racing worlwide.

They saw they underestimated their task and made some excuses last two years, finally at the end end they admitted they underestimated how hard it will be, which was in a way admitting they made false explanation of their faliure last two years.

In other words, they lied to please mclaren.

Alonso was too kind.

26 February 2018, 12:41  There is a sufficient circumstantial evidence that situation Honda found themselves in wan't entirely of their own making. Series of anomalies was rather unfortunate, but sufficient to understand human aspect in the mess. They came to the table without benefits of meeting as others have FiA in preparation for launching hybrids, and if RD had enough of brains, as an insider, he would not have involved a new entrant into impossible situation. Token rules, error in calibration of dynamo, sudden need to redesign fuel bladder in mid season due to third party problems, unfortunate late decision to launch a new design for 2015 season due to assessment which deemed 2014 prototype very limited in its potential, etc. IMO there were other actors in this sandbox which could be identified as radioactive, and which should be factored in. I don't put this simply to Honda's doorstep without scanning whole picture. Maybe its just me but I have not caught them misleading anyone intentionally. One needs to work in this (or very similar) business to fill blanks, and get the most likely (accurate) picture what went down in past three years.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

26 February 2018, 12:41  There is a sufficient circumstantial evidence that situation Honda found themselves in wan't entirely of their own making. Series of anomalies was rather unfortunate, but sufficient to understand human aspect in the mess. They came to the table without benefits of meeting as others have FiA in preparation for launching hybrids, and if RD had enough of brains, as an insider, he would not have involved a new entrant into impossible situation. Token rules, error in calibration of dynamo, sudden need to redesign fuel bladder in mid season due to third party problems, unfortunate late decision to launch a new design for 2015 season due to assessment which deemed 2014 prototype very limited in its potential, etc. IMO there were other actors in this sandbox which could be identified as radioactive, and which should be factored in. I don't put this simply to Honda's doorstep without scanning whole picture. Maybe its just me but I have not caught them misleading anyone intentionally. One needs to work in this (or very similar) business to fill blanks, and get the most likely (accurate) picture what went down in past three years.

Startof this discusion was when radical-one told that isn't acceptable to shout at hondas japanese engineers in japan and make them feel bad, calling alonso names.

But it is acceptable for japanese people to shout at you if they are not pleased with your acts or your statements, and that is a bit shocking to europeans, but they have to get used to it cause it is japanese culture.

So i called them liars to make him think about his self centred statements.

But i am not sure he can understand it at all

26 February 2018, 13:25

Morning laps - Test 1 #F1Testing
HUL 72 - Renault
HAR 71
RIC 60
RAI 59
BOT 58
ALO 10 - Renault

(By (late as usual) order of FiA, PU must be equal).

A Ferrari F1 series will look a whole lot like Imola 1982.

In all reality, is Ferrari going to set up a separate series that protects its privileged position. If so, who is going to join that series?

Is Ferrari going to design the series so that everyone has an equal chance? If so, why leave F1, where they will still have an advantage?

26 February 2018, 17:22    "Ferrari advantage" is a misnomer. Malicious propaganda nonsense (in media/LM). The only teams which are having any advantage over Ferrari and Renault are Mercedes, RBR, and McLaren. Mercedes is enjoying rigged in their favor protection from competition for past 4 years, and those other two, they have money, but through complains they have managed getting PU(s) below its true cost, yet bit***g hasn't stop. There is substantial damage to top teams - Ferrari included - inflicted jointly by the commercial rights holder and FiA, through imposition of restrictive measures, which in substance required in competitive field new and otherwise unnecessary expenses on alternative developments, often far more expensive than traditional methods. One could argue that teams like Force India, Marusia and others were subsidized by leading teams, yet CVC and now LM contributed zero, nada, zilch, as far as we know. In depth analysis is needed to enumerate perceived imbalances, but I would be careful to finger-point Ferrari as a sole centre of all evil in this snake pit.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

26 February 2018, 17:22    "Ferrari advantage" is a misnomer. Malicious propaganda nonsense (in media/LM).... 

Didn't read the rest of your post......no need to.

Ferrari advantages:

1. They have a larger budget than all but one team.

2. They have a well established infrastructure, factory, etc. (capital goods).

3. They get more from the pay-out based upon finishing second or third in the championship every season.

4. And if that is not enough, they also get a special payout based upon just being Ferrari.

5. Plus they have considerable influence with the governing body, rules committees, etc.....reinforced with periodic threats to quit.

6. Plus they have a nice set of connections. Hell, even the head of FIA used to work for Ferrari.

What is being discussed to undermine these advantages:

1. Budget cap: Which means that the big-budget teams might have to compete with all the teams, not just one or two others. Regardless, it undermines Ferrari as the team with the second highest budget.

2. Payout tables adjusted, which means they will get less each year, compared to what they get now.

3. Special Ferrari bonus eliminated. Of course, this not only hurts their pocket book, but they way they act, it hurts their pride.

4. Engine regulations that they may have less say over.

We shall see what is worked out. Pretty certain you will not see a break-away Ferrari run series, or Ferrari leaving F1. Pretty certain that you will see some compromise that preserves some, but not all, of Ferrari advantages. One of the disgraces (and there were many) of the Ecclestone/Mosely era was that Ferrari received favorable treatment. More so than in any other time in F1 history.

@Ruslan 27 February 2018, 07:50

Ruslan, perhaps you should read my post again, this time all and refute concerns raised within, when we talk about alleged advantage Ferrari is "enjoying", implying, that everyone else is consequently "suffering". Sorry for blunt tone, but I do not buy cheap, and self-serving media headlines when this subject comes up. Your summation is virtual attack on the one team, whereas in fact they all benefiting, maybe in different manner, but they do. Here however only Ferrari, favorite punching bag for the anti-crowd is being asked to pick up tab for all of them, and I mean ALL of them, including LM, and FiA. A case could be made, that there are factions in and around F1, who have an express intent to chase Ferrari out of the sport. This is not only about some singular issue. Ferrari is The ESTABLISHMENT, and some people have problem with it.

Unusually miserable weather is probably influencing times we see. Teams are asking for testing extension. (All in print),

Like last year, I think we will see Seb v. MB in last day of testing, but he will deny it (again).

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

27 February 2018, 10:16

Ferrari and Sauber side by side on track. Two different worlds.

Loved this clip.

I wonder how well the HAAS will be doing against the Sauber. They way Honda and Torro Rosso seem to be a good match the two Ferrari powered teams might be fighting not to end last every time.

By the way. The noise of the engines in this video kind of reminded me of how F1 sounded in the seventies. It is probably the limited revs that are the main problem with the sound.

GEEZZ

Early days, but looks goood

Fastest times

Session status:

Driver   Team   Time
1 Vettel ferrari.png Ferrari   1m20.168s
2 Bottas mercedes.png Mercedes   1m20.270s
3 Vandoorne mclaren.png McLaren   1m20.325s
4 Verstappen redbull.png Red Bull   1m21.014s
5 Sainz renault.png Renault   1m21.212s
6 Gasly tororosso.png Toro Rosso   1m21.318s
7 Sirotkin williams.png Williams   1m21.822s