Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 1 - F1 2018 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

16 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Let me correct you...

Alonso got a 5th place on pure luck

Yeah, they want us to believe Ferrari was for an hour fending off Mr. Brilliant on its own, while Vettel took a nap. We should be however used to by now complacent grandiloquence about standing of chosen ones (Alonso, Hamilton), dismissive perversity towards Ferrari, Sauber, TR and post-imperial fantasy about the "superiority" of English-situated teams.

RBR experienced simple meltdown, morphing pre-race big and bloated words and strong language into modest results, whereas Haas is a team which really suffered crappy ending what was so promising initially.

Ferrari will win some races, and some will not. So much one can conclude after the Melbourne.

19 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Let me correct you...

Yes he did, but to be beaten by a 40-yo party loving driver almost whole weekend ???

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yeah, they want us to believe Ferrari was for an hour fending off Mr. Brilliant on its own, while Vettel took a nap. We should be however used to by now complacent grandiloquence about standing of chosen ones (Alonso, Hamilton), dismissive perversity towards Ferrari, Sauber, TR and post-imperial fantasy about the "superiority" of English-situated teams.

RBR experienced simple meltdown, morphing pre-race big and bloated words and strong language into modest results, whereas Haas is a team which really suffered crappy ending what was so promising initially.

Ferrari will win some races, and some will not. So much one can conclude after the Melbourne.

What about that honda engine you like?

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Yes he did, but to be beaten by a 40-yo party loving driver almost whole weekend ???

Mister Caesar.

Im going to ask you to try to be objective. I look at the results of the Australian GP and I see a Vettel win.

It's not that we can expect  Vettel to dominate Kimster every single gp. I mean... really. Is this the sort of discussion you want to engage? You're stooping very low here. Typical of a disgruntled Alonso fanboy I must add. If it was'nt for some lucky result at the end of last season, Alonso would've been beaten by another rookie

13 minutes ago, Caesar said:

What about that honda engine you like?

You have to pay more attention. I love Japan, I like its people, but I respect Honda as an organization - despite all adversity - for efforts on hybrid PU with trust they will incrementally get better. Over winter there was no track time testing permitted, and they merely continue where they ended last year. Nothing happened over night. They changed their MO to streamline focus, so will be see how it will impact their development.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

You have to pay more attention. I love Japan, I like its people, but I respect Honda as an organization - despite all adversity - for efforts on hybrid PU with trust they will incrementally get better. Over winter there was no track time testing permitted, and they merely continue where they ended last year. Nothing happened over night. They changed their MO to streamline focus, so will be see how it will impact their development.

After six years of development, they are still way behind. Alonso was too kind to them.

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Mister Caesar.

Im going to ask you to try to be objective. I look at the results of the Australian GP and I see a Vettel win.

It's not that we can expect  Vettel to dominate Kimster every single gp. I mean... really. Is this the sort of discussion you want to engage? You're stooping very low here. Typical of a disgruntled Alonso fanboy I must add. If it was'nt for some lucky result at the end of last season, Alonso would've been beaten by another rookie

?

I have some very strange experience with Mr. LM - make it all fan friendly. I am not sure which computer scientist is working for them, but as a subscriber to race data, I got really pis***d off with Americans this morning (well not as much as my sister has). I do not have TV (anymore), but my sister has one, so I promised to be quiet while I watch race, whilst she was sleeping. Well that was the intent, and this is what actually happened:

• My iPhone app was loud, and any attempts to turn sound down or OFF failed. (I've have managed however to wake up whole family.)
  • When I turned app off, annoying British voice simply continued with his view on world, ignoring what I have done, so I turned whole iPhone OFF.
  • F1 commentary insisted on continuing and voice was coming out from dark phone and was not to be silenced. Ultimately I had to turn audio off on the main switch

Strangest thing I've ever experienced with a mobile gadget.

Who said that Honda is developing F1 hybrid 6 years? Dyno cannot detect all what is there to be detected, especially when it contains calibration error. 

3 years on the track in lieu of claimed 6. That's my arithmetic. Renault is at it longer, yet they do suffer just as much and they aren't anywhere close to Ferrari and MB.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Who said that Honda is developing F1 hybrid 6 years? Dyno cannot detect all what is there to be detected, especially when it contains calibration error. 

3 years on the track in lieu of claimed 6. That's my arithmetic. Renault is at it longer, yet they do suffer just as much and they aren't anywhere close to Ferrari and MB.

This is their fourth year in f1, well they didn't start to develop engine one month before first race.  Man get your facts together lol

I do not know what you are up to Caesar, but Honda was powering McLaren in 2015, 6, and 7. This is 4th year on the track. In 2014 I think it was MB PU on McLaren. Data collected off-track by Honda are only 3 years old. (At least that's my memory).

48 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I do not know what you are up to Caesar, but Honda was powering McLaren in 2015, 6, and 7. This is 4th year on the track. In 2014 I think it was MB PU on McLaren. Data collected off-track by Honda are only 3 years old. (At least that's my memory).

Plus 2 or 3 years of development before 2015.

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Plus 2 or 3 years of development before 2015.

Essential track data were missing, and calibration error on the dyno was discovered only not too long ago. Dyno supplies a lot of information, however not all, and Honda - according to conversations with technical staff - was misled from results they were getting. Only comparison between track data with dyno shed light on dark discrepancy requiring audit of assumptions, working parameters, and correction. Sure, they started before 2015 (I do not know exactly when), but Eureka moment came only about a year or two ago. Ferrari experienced similar problems, but on the wind tunnel (which was initially incorrectly calibrated and was sending guys in red into wild goose chases).

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Essential track data were missing, and calibration error on the dyno was discovered only not too long ago. Dyno supplies a lot of information, however not all, and Honda - according to conversations with technical staff - was misled from results they were getting. Only comparison between track data with dyno shed light on dark discrepancy requiring audit of assumptions, working parameters, and correction. Sure, they started before 2015 (I do not know exactly when), but Eureka moment came only about a year or two ago. Ferrari experienced similar problems, but on the wind tunnel (which was initially incorrectly calibrated and was sending guys in red into wild goose chases).

Merc got it first season, ferrari second season, renault third.

We are still waiting Honda

2 hours ago, Sakae said:
2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Let me correct you...

U make UR own luck.
HAVE got to be THERE to, capitalise AND take the opportunity

Consistency - KEEP collecting the points up , they WILL add up over the season.
To finish first, first you MUST finish

10 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

U make UR own luck.
HAVE got to be THERE to, capitalise AND take the opportunity

Consistency - KEEP collecting the points up , they WILL add up over the season.
To finish first, first you MUST finish

Are you agreeing wiith me then that that same rule applied to Vettel. That he waited for an opportunity to capitalize on a safety car incident, then drove brilliantly to keep a faster Merc behind him.

That was the point to our friend Caesar here. That the luck rule only seem to apply to Vettel, yet St. Alfonso gained even more positions

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Are you agreeing wiith me then that that same rule applied to Vettel. That he waited for an opportunity to capitalize on a safety car incident, then drove brilliantly to keep a faster Merc behind him.

That was the point to our friend Caesar here. That the luck rule only seem to apply to Vettel, yet St. Alfonso gained even more positions

I said i agree with you, can't you read.  But Alonso was much better than his teammate whole weekend. 

Vettel wasn't.

End of story.

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That the luck rule only seem to apply to Vettel, yet St. Alfonso gained even more positions

I think that BOTH Vettel and Alonso drove very well and very wisely, it seems that the good old Roman "Fortuna audaces iuvat" was proven right once again 

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I said i agree with you, can't you read.  But Alonso was much better than his teammate whole weekend. 

Vettel wasn't.

End of story.

I dont understand your thinking. Vettel was fastest 3rd Practise. And its not that Kimi is an average driver who is going to be steamrolled. He's a champion. 

Unless you are a political player who steers a team into a certain direction that the other driver are not even able to drive the other car on his return to the team

You said you agreed with me in the luck issue. Thats not the impression I got from your posts

4 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I think that BOTH Vettel and Alonso drove very well and very wisely, it seems that the good old Roman "Fortuna audaces iuvat" was proven right once again 

Now thats something I can agree with. Not double standards

39 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sakae my friend Honda had a very tough route into F1 this time, the rules were not helping them, the testing ban is a massive problem for a new entrant, etc etc etc, all that is true, but the point is that Honda, once again, was embarassing, and not only to themselves but to the whole of F1. I don't quite undertand why they are still in F1, they have built a stellar reputation in the past, they are the greatest motorbike company in the world, why on earth they have top go through all this agony in F1 is beyond me, it seems masochistic to me.

And the problems don't end there, because we had to endure to weeks of rants about how Toro Rosso would make mincemeat of the competition and how poorly McLaren (despite a still unsorted car) would perform, yet Toto Rosso had one DNF due to a problem with the PU and the other was dead last while Alonso managed to end 5th. Karma as invoked in the hope that McLAren would fare poorly, they didn't, that is the real karma. And it bothers me saying so because I really like Toro Rosso (and in fairness I've never been McLaren's biggest fan)

18 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Sakae my friend Honda had a very tough route into F1 this time, the rules were not helping them, the testing ban is a massive problem for a new entrant, etc etc etc, all that is true, but the point is that Honda, once again, was embarassing, and not only to themselves but to the whole of F1. I don't quite undertand why they are still in F1, they have built a stellar reputation in the past, they are the greatest motorbike company in the world, why on earth they have top go through all this agony in F1 is beyond me, it seems masochistic to me.

And the problems don't end there, because we had to endure to weeks of rants about how Toro Rosso would make mincemeat of the competition and how poorly McLaren (despite a still unsorted car) would perform, yet Toto Rosso had one DNF due to a problem with the PU and the other was dead last while Alonso managed to end 5th. Karma as invoked in the hope that McLAren would fare poorly, they didn't, that is the real karma. And it bothers me saying so because I really like Toro Rosso (and in fairness I've never been McLaren's biggest fan)

All true, but there are too many variables in the game right now, and time is needed for concrete picture to emerge.

• New drivers - quality of driver's feedback could be suspect. (Maybe.)
  • New MO at Honda (splitting responsibilities). Development team in Japan is relying on input data collected in races, however team at the race track can focus on rce activities and data credibility. We are yet to see whether this will make any difference for them.

Recent testing in Barcelona was promising, however I am not sure really what happened today. I was too pleased with Ferrari's game, and didn't have time for others, but I will follow up. 

Hartley after testing: "Everything has been perfect. We're very happy to have Honda's support," he told El Mundo Deportivo. "Performance has been very good so far. We are very optimistic about the engine and the reliability. There are still some updates on the way, but above all we are focused on reliability and until now everything is fine," he added.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

New drivers - quality of driver's feedback could be suspect

Recent testing in Barcelona was promising, however I am not sure really what happened today. I was too pleased with Ferrari's game, and didn't have time for others, but I will follow up. 

they had to hire two drivers who seem to be very accommodating, who are simply grateful that they are in F1, most likely because they didn't have much hope (for reasons that you correctly explained several times in the past). They couldn't hire Wehrlein, or someone like Verstappen or Ocon, or any other driver with a chance to succeed because they would have been complaining from day 1, hard racers are like that, if you put Vettel in that can he would say exactly the same things that Alonso used to say, these draivers want to win or at least to have a chance, if you give them uncompetitive cars they will complain

Regarding testing yes they did a lot of mileage, BUT they used 3 engines, whereas everyone else (excpet for McLaren who had other issues) used only 1

17 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

they had to hire two drivers who seem to be very accommodating, who are simply grateful that they are in F1, most likely because they didn't have much hope (for reasons that you correctly explained several times in the past). They couldn't hire Wehrlein, or someone like Verstappen or Ocon, or any other driver with a chance to succeed because they would have been complaining from day 1, hard racers are like that, if you put Vettel in that can he would say exactly the same things that Alonso used to say, these draivers want to win or at least to have a chance, if you give them uncompetitive cars they will complain

Regarding testing yes they did a lot of mileage, BUT they used 3 engines, whereas everyone else (excpet for McLaren who had other issues) used only 1

Surely you know it is Dr. Marko who does hiring, and I am suspicious that TR is merely a training / proving ground for RBR destination if this experiment pans out. Decision on that is due after summer break, so we patiently wait.