Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 2 - F1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Fri 06 Apr – Sun 08 Apr 2018 (local times)

• Practice 1 Fri 14:00 – 15:30
  • Practice 2 Fri 18:00 – 19:30
  • Practice 3 Sat 15:00 – 16:00
  • Qualifying Sat 18:00 – 19:00
  • Race Sun 18:10 – 20:10
  • NUMBER OF LAPS 57
  • CIRCUIT LENGTH 5.412KM
  • RACE DISTANCE 308.238KM

First race in Melbourne would suggest that MB is a safe bet as winner in Bahrain, and we merely have to guess what Haas, Ferrari, and couple of other teams will do. I would not be too upset if MB developed again some sort of condition causing brain fade affecting their drivers. Chances of that to happen are rather minuscule, however there are not zero. Vettel is not as one with his girlfriend (Loria) as yet, thus for him to win this race is realistically not very high at the moment.

2 minutes ago, radical-one said:

You have the same feeling before Australia Sakae.

True.

Trust Seb and his Ferrari.

I do, but I am also realist. 

Hamilton starting with mindgames. Says Ferrari should be rapid, becoz of engine power on long straights and the heat of course.

He seemed to develop some respect for Ferrari. It's not all talk about RBR now. Funny what a difference a few hrs can make

15 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hamilton starting with mindgames. Says Ferrari should be rapid, becoz of engine power on long straights and the heat of course.

He seemed to develop some respect for Ferrari. It's not all talk about RBR now. Funny what a difference a few hrs can make

I consider him as a self absorbed individual who changes his mind as often as a certain politician on the world stage. As much as I love MB' cars, I think they are degrading AMG name by employing this guy who actually appears to have their name as a last thing on his swollen mind. On the market are currently some others, more deserving drivers; switch should be done now. Hamilton should prove his "greatness" in a lesser vehicle instead having all handed to him on a silver platte.

Hamilton keeps saying he wants more competition with Ferrari and RB but now his face is loooong !

What a Jerk :angry:

So is Bahrain going to be Australian part two:

1. Hamilton on pole?

2. Mercedes pulling away?

3. Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull pulling away from everyone else?

4. The only hope for anyone else to get a race win is a problem with Hamilton or his car?

5. The only hope for the rest of field to get above seventh place is problems with the big three teams?

6. No passing?

10 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

1. Hamilton on pole?

4. The only hope for anyone else to get a race win is a problem with Hamilton or his car?

5. The only hope for the rest of field to get above seventh place is problems with the big three teams?

6. No passing?

Something like that

1.merc

2.ferrari

3.rb

4.haaaaas

5.mcl33

6.renault

7.other merc powered cars

Sauber

Dead last toro rosso

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

1. Hamilton on pole?

6. No passing?

1 yes, unless he makes a mistake, with the advantage that they still have over fuels the others can't touch him

2 yes, unless they make a mistake

3 looks like it, McLaren and Renault could get close, I feel that Haas won't be competitive for long, they normally don't bring many new parts during the racing season (budget constraints) so they will have a few more races to shine and then they will slowly fall into the second half of the field

4 sort of, unless the others can outsmarten him or Verstappen is allowed to pull some of his stunts

5 sadly

6 apparebntly even the drivers complained for the lack of any meaningful chance of passing

7 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I feel that Haas won't be competitive for long, they normally don't bring many new parts during the racing season (budget constraints) so they will have a few more races to shine and then they will slowly fall into the second half of the field.

Sadly, I think you are correct on this. This is what makes the loss of the double points position in Australia so devastating for the team. I think they pretty much have the first half of the season to get points, and the development by Renault and McLaren will bury them. It does even look like Williams, Toro Rosso, Force India or Sauber are in the hunt for major points.

12 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

6 apparebntly even the drivers complained for the lack of any meaningful chance of passing

I was going to criticize Bottas for only coming in 8th with a Mercedes (he had a hell of a time passing the two Force India cars), but after watching everyone else struggle with passing, I decided he really wasn't to blame. I still feel this is his last season with Mercedes.

2 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

I was going to criticize Bottas for only coming in 8th with a Mercedes (he had a hell of a time passing the two Force India cars), but after watching everyone else struggle with passing, I decided he really wasn't to blame. I still feel this is his last season with Mercedes.

I still feel that he was embarrassing, maybe he will do better next time

5 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

Sadly, I think you are correct on this. This is what makes the loss of the double points position in Australia so devastating for the team. I think they pretty much have the first half of the season to get points, and the development by Renault and McLaren will bury them. It does even look like Williams, Toro Rosso, Force India or Sauber are in the hunt for major points.

yes, and there are forums were they even claim that it was a combine, I think that what happened to Haas is devastating for them, they lost a considerable amount of the points tally that they could get this year

11 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

yes, and there are forums were they even claim that it was a combine, I think that what happened to Haas is devastating for them, they lost a considerable amount of the points tally that they could get this year

You mean conspiracy with Ferrari? Yea, no one on this forum has claimed that.  

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

yes, luckily everyone had enough sense here to avoid such ludicrous claim

We'll see.

I was so sad when KMag and Grosjean parked their cars. It spoiled my day totally. The mechanics that did that (was it the same guy?) must have hated themselves for it.

But it was so much fun as long as it lasted. The way Verstappen couldn't get by Magnussen and spun was a great moment for me.

11 hours ago, Ruslan said:

1. Hamilton on pole?

6. No passing?

Yeah and Ferrari winning - I can live that :P

4 hours ago, Robert Rick said:

I was so sad when KMag and Grosjean parked their cars. It spoiled my day totally. The mechanics that did that (was it the same guy?) must have hated themselves for it.

But it was so much fun as long as it lasted. The way Verstappen couldn't get by Magnussen and spun was a great moment for me.

Actually, if I remember the race correctly, in the first car to pit (Magnussen) it was the left rear wheel that was a problem. In Grosjean's car it was the left front wheel. Same problem, different wheel I guess. I assume it is not crew error, but a problem with the jack or nut.

I have only two (in narrow focus) questions:

• #1 - Has Ferrari identify correctly issues with the car #5 and are those closely aligned how Sebastian defined them?
  • #2 - Development status as described under #1.

Car is not steady on a twisty tracks, lacking some power to MB.

On 26/03/2018 at 9:04 AM, Sakae said:

Hamilton should prove his "greatness" in a lesser vehicle instead having all handed to him on a silver platte.

The MP4-24 was a bad car McLaren produced in 2009 and Hamilton still signed 1 pole and won 2 races (he won one of the races from pole position rather than crazy races).

6 April 2018, 19:18 (CEST)

2018-Bahrain-FP2-Results-001.jpg

Gasly in TR - good showing. That must be painful experience for some, despite all claims that it means "nothing". Haas lost some shine. Better luck tomorrow. Papa Williams must be in pain over this picture. Is Ericsson really F1 material?

Ferrari / Haas cooperation is now clarified. Both teams from time to time forget how to attach a wheel during pitstop.