Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 2 - F1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Gasly and Leclerc come with considerable reputation, so I kind of expect to see something from them this year.

Ericsson has managed to stay in F1 through a combination of grit/determination and money/sponsors. I don't entirely dismiss him.

Still a little early to say but I just wish it was Pascal on the other seat for Honda instead of Hartley.

I still feel for Pascal .He is wasted talent in F1.... 

He definitely deserved a proper chance. But this is the problem with only 20 seats....with 10-12 of them in the hands of established drivers, 2 for the Red Bull Jr. program, and 3-4 seats in the hands of paying drivers, there is not a lot of seats left for up-and-coming and developing drivers. We have seen several deserving drivers driven out of Formula One is recent times. It is part of the reason I think F1 works a lot better with 26-30 seats.

7 April 2018, 18:22 (CEST) - TR and Haas ... new sunrise for them? Gasly p6? What's going on here? Another French guy making splash with a car which was not expected to make it. Good performance by Honda, and if they finish the race, Horner will be all over them in summer.

Ocon - Frenchman - is really, really good, and should get the MB seat.

Seb - my man in Bahrain made me worry whole weekend, and obviously sweet spot came his way in dying minutes. Did I mention that I am oozing with happiness?

2018-Bahrain-F1-GP-Qualifying-results.jp

Negative observation: It was two completely separate F1 fields, the big three were a whole lot faster then everyone else. Then there was everyone else. This appears to be the pattern for the season.

On March 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Sakae said:

See Sakae, What did I tell you? Trust Seb and his Ferrari :clap3:

- I hope Gasly/TRHonda can turn their  great Qualy performance into high Championship points.

- Williams must be missing Massa

- Merc has real competition this year it seems

7 hours ago, Ruslan said:

What happen to the Mercedes "party mode?"

8 April 2018, 05:23 (CEST) - MB still might have it, however this time it came down probably to drivers individual (under?)performances. Bottas almost made it into P2. Moreover, Ferrari is in better shape than two weeks ago, not to say, track suits them, altho I am not sure how temperatures helped to one team to the detriment to others.  It is too soon to get a clear picture, as you undoubtedly know. Until summer I do expect pretty confusing results. BTW, McLaren is having the same power plant as RBR and Renault. Good to compare those 3 teams.

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

See Sakae, What did I tell you? Trust Seb and his Ferrari :clap3:

Yes you did. Both red riders are driving well. Kimi is keeping Seb honest.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yes you did. Both red riders are driving well. Kimi is keeping Seb honest.

Shaping up to become a good F1 season (from my point of view) and perhaps the end of Merc domination.

Mixed pecking order, Good for the sports.

Just now, radical-one said:

Shaping up to become a good F1 season (from my point of view) and perhaps the end of Merc domination.

Mixed pecking order, Good for the sports.

Undoubtedly that is an injection sport needs. 6 cars having hope to make onto podium would be very good show.

It IS clear that, Honda were NOT Mclaren`s problem.
McLaren SWAPPED Honda for a race WINNING Renault PU.
Alonso BEATEN by Honda`s GP 2 PU

8 April 2018, 08:34 (CEST) - I would rather say, Honda was not the sole problem McLaren had. Last year when I said the same, people were all over me. Objective assessment was based on two or three streams of information. First, it is almost never just one part of the system, and safe bet was, that problem probably was in packaging of the PU as well. Two, there were odd comments uttered by both drivers when they didn't blast Honda, they added some negative bits related to vehicle. Three, and last one, while I think that body shape was esthetically pleasing, aerodynamic efficiency was rather suspect (denotes I didn't have that fuzzy feeling about it some in here had). On positive side, I think they will fix it. Sudden drop of performance on this track could do with topography and temperatures of the track. It is going to be up and down journey.

Wow toro rosso and Honda. Well done. I was wrong with weaker driver pairing. Gasly looks promising.  At this rate he would be promoted to redbull if ricciardo leaves. Carlos is not able to beat or at least match hulk. 

McLaren what the h**l happened? It's going to get embarrassing if you dont get your upgrades working . I am sure. 

Good race.

Congratulation to Seb, 10 laps on wasted tires, but I am overwhelmed by two guys - Ocon and Gasly. Sure, luck or not, but TR must be celebrating. Haas Kevin as well... Wow. 

Sauber - yeupeee! Good show by Eric.

Williams...?

British media guys are clearly not too happy with Vettel. Soon after Vettel was available for comment, one came to him and ask him whether Seb knew that the driver who wins first two races traditionally will not win WDC. Statistically, since 1982 a driver who won first 2 races went on to win also WDC.

Nice people - I wonder to what they are sniffing. Maybe their source of water is contaminated and toxic. 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Ruslan said:

Gasly and Leclerc come with considerable reputation, so I kind of expect to see something from them this year.

Ericsson has managed to stay in F1 through a combination of grit/determination and money/sponsors. I don't entirely dismiss him.

Well, entertaining race. Great drive by Vettel. Bottas will be looking for a new ride next year. Hamilton seems uninspired today, even though he passed three cars at one time. Hamilton did drive with some care, unlike Verstappen. Verstappen paid for his sins.

Gasly did great as did several other drivers behind him. We do seem to be seeing a sudden surge of French drivers. Not sure why that is (or why there are no Italians or Brazilians in the field). Even Ericsson managed to get some points for Sauber. One of the more interesting challenges is to see who is the worse team of the season. Sauber now has points, Force India and Williams do not, and look very much out of it.

In the bad haircut department, Hamilton upped his game after being seriously challenged by Vettel. Vettel will probably need a neck tattoo to remain competitive.

A few bigger picture observations:

1. I still think Mercedes has the edge (probably being polite here).
  2. The entire grid looks very two-tiered, with the top teams pretty much lapping the rest of the field.
  3. They probably still need to make some changes before 2021.

F1 old-timers know (or should know) that F1 is sometimes more about suspense, than frequency and number of overtakes. IMO all was provided in this race. Having said that, it is true that attrition rate furnished us with some unusual race statistics, but such is life.

Great Race hey

Seb. What a great drive. What mastery race management! Showed why he's the best driver on the grid! 

Kimi. Bad bad luck. It will turn my man

MadMax... another amateur rookie mistake leading to no points for the RBR team. It's confirmed, there's something very mentally wrong with the guy. Its good this time that his careless reckless driving negatively affected his race and his team

Gasly. I still  can't believe it. I LMAO when he crossed the finish line. What an achievement! This is what happens when an overrated driver like Saint Alfonso influences a team to change engine supplier then this sort of thing happens. Some funny s##t

Another win for Seb and Hamilton will start feeling the pressure. It's clear however, from what Ive seen... that the Merc car is still the best car of the field, so Hamilton will feel confident. Ferrari still need to make big strides to get the edge, that "finding and unlocking more performance" with the races coming up after China will be the ideal.