Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 3 - F1 2018 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX

Next weekend already, and not enough time neither for celebration or licking any wounds. Just go-go-go!

• NUMBER OF LAPS 56
  • CIRCUIT LENGTH 5.451KM
  • RACE DISTANCE 305.066

Fri 13 Apr – Sun 15 Apr 2018 (local time)

• Practice 1 Fri 10:00 – 11:30
  • Practice 2 Fri 14:00 – 15:30
  • Practice 3 Sat 11:00 – 12:00
  • Qualifying Sat 14:00 – 15:00
  • Race Sun 14:10 – 16:10

Bahrain was pretty much a Merc circuit was well.

The 2018 F1 season is shaping up to be an exciting one. All circuit is a toss up. No team is certain with what to expect. 

Good for the sports.:kicking:

The other bonus is that Honda seem to come alive, a plus for excitement :tiphat:

9 April 2018, 07:03 (CEST) - Vettel is still after better car balance, which to me means that car is not totally sorted out. Track will be cooler than it was in Bahrain, which seems to favor MB. Problem is, regardless if all of this is objective consideration, for detractors it will sound like advanced excuses for Ferrari potentially loosing a race. Either way, interest in racing is growing strong (again), despite my feel, that MB remains a car to beat.

MB definitely is the team to beat. I believe however that the gap is thinner than last year.

The Mid-field is up for grabs, who will rein as the best-of-the-rest is just as exciting to watch.

48 minutes ago, radical-one said:

MB definitely is the team to beat. I believe however that the gap is thinner than last year.

The Mid-field is up for grabs, who will rein as the best-of-the-rest is just as exciting to watch.

9 April 2018, 08:57 (CEST) - Renault, McLaren and Force India probably thought it will be easy ride, and now what they get, is worry that a single wheel spin at the start sends them into oblivion, having TR driving around you, Ocon destroying Perez, Verstappen sending off Ricciardo, and Haas giving fits all of them. World as we know it is upside down, and we love it. It was always alleged that Vettel cannot win, unless he has absolutely best car. Watching Hamilton for second race (and several years before that), how is it different in his case? Ruslan was expecting - and said so - Vettel will have melt down, and now what I see and suspect, that shoe is on the other foot (and it would bot be first time).

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

9 April 2018, 08:57 (CEST) - Renault, McLaren and Force India probably thought it will be easy ride, and now what they get, is worry that a single wheel spin at the start sends them into oblivion, having TR driving around you, Ocon destroying Perez, Verstappen sending off Ricciardo, and Haas giving fits all of them. World as we know it is upside down, and we love it. It was always alleged that Vettel cannot win, unless he has absolutely best car. Watching Hamilton for second race (and several years before that), how is it different in his case? Ruslan was expecting - and said so - Vettel will have melt down, and now what I see and suspect, that shoe is on the other foot (and it would bot be first time).

Can't agree more.

It was a great pleasure watching the race in Japanese TV/cable as the announcers were so humble and mellow about TR-Honda's great performance and not trashing Mclaren or rubbing it. They just showed respect for all sides.  

1 minute ago, radical-one said:

Can't agree more.

It was a great pleasure watching the race in Japanese TV/cable as the announcers were so humble and mellow about TR-Honda's great performance and not trashing Mclaren or rubbing it. They just showed respect for all sides.  

Is it still on Fuji channel? 

Not anymore unfortunately as it as free channel at Fuji TV, it is now on Cable 309. I have to pay 2,700 yen every month. All worth it this month though :thumb:

I was hoping with all that overpromised talk and undelivered goods, that I might see races in real time on my laptop You Tube, but no such luck. Some of my friends from different parts of the world are pretty intelligent people in their own right, but all are very much confused about finding out where to watch F1 races.

I know. Watching it isn't free any longer that is why the decrease in interest from Japanese audience. Can you believe that?

Hopefully it may change if Honda performs well this season.

My nerves let me down, and last 5 laps of Bahrain chase I left into kitchen make coffee (since I knew I could replayed later). Didn't have strength to see it in real time. 

Yes same here. It was one of the most exciting last 10 laps in recent recent races. I was also at the edge of my seat hoping Gasly won't make a mistake. 

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

9 April 2018, 07:03 (CEST) - Vettel is still after better car balance, which to me means that car is not totally sorted out. Track will be cooler than it was in Bahrain, which seems to favor MB. Problem is, regardless if all of this is objective consideration, for detractors it will sound like advanced excuses for Ferrari potentially loosing a race. Either way, interest in racing is growing strong (again), despite my feel, that MB remains a car to beat.

honestly yesterday Vettel outdrove his car, if he has a balance issue he quite simply adapted his driving and IMHO he had one of the drives of his life.

I personally think that Mercedes has a much better car, in Australia Hamilton was a bit unlukcy with the VSC and Veteel and Ferrari's pit wall did a very good job, yesterday Mercedes lost the race to a superb Vettel.

As for RBR Verstappen seems to have one of his off moments and I wonder if Ricciardo's performance will drop should he decide to go elsewhere. Force India has lost its momentum, yesterday Perez was very unlucky, Ocon did well but over a race distance I believe that he can't touch his team mate. McLaren has two very good drivers and a few issues with their car (we know that their aerodynamics isn't great and apparently they have some cooling problems, plus they have lost the edge on the chassis and IMHO their team is no longer what it used to be and their car is not finished to the level it should be). Toro Rosso had a very poor first race and a fantastic one yesterday, I hope that they keep up the good form. Renault seems to have a so-so car and I can't understand why Sainz is underperforming. Sauber... maybe they got a bit more from Ferrari than their engine. Haas has a very neat car, but to shine I think that they need better drivers, Grosjean and Magnussen have some speed but on occasion I wonder if they have much brain. then there is Williams... what a sad state for them

9 April 2018, 18:06 (CEST) - Sainz career took a blow yesterday with Gasly placing that well. If DR leaves RBR next year, it makes me wonder who will receive a phone call - pack your bags. I've always held a view that Sainz is better than most, but this year he is really fading into oblivion, should he continue on that trajectory.

On Ferrari side my feeling is, that there is competition between drivers. Kimi is keenly aware that this is probably his last year, and he wants one more WDC, whilst Seb is probably telling him - come and get it, because he is not backing off. I am not sure what brass told him, but he was so mad over that incident, that he did not talk to anyone when he returned into his garage. Kimi drives better than last year, and loss of points angered him. One could see it in Melbourne, just as in this weekend. I do not blame him; two similar wheel related anomalies in one weekend? Maybe Haas may offer him a ride next season, but I am not sure if Kimi wants to continue with another team.

I am not also not sure what will happen with Williams, but I am hearing that rich boy's papa is negotiating with other teams. Hard to say with which ones. FI perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Kimi is keenly aware that this is probably his last year, and he wants one more WDC

I'd say that Kimi has about as many chances of becoming WDC this year as I have of starting a liaison with Charlize Theron

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

9 April 2018, 18:06 (CEST) - Sainz career took a blow yesterday with Gasly placing that well. If DR leaves RBR next year, it makes me wonder who will receive a phone call - pack your bags. I've always held a view that Sainz is better than most, but this year he is really fading into oblivion, should he continue on that trajectory.

On Ferrari side my feeling is, that there is competition between drivers. Kimi is keenly aware that this is probably his last year, and he wants one more WDC, whilst Seb is probably telling him - come and get it, because he is not backing off. I am not sure what brass told him, but he was so mad over that incident, that he did not talk to anyone when he returned into his garage. Kimi drives better than last year, and loss of points angered him. One could see it in Melbourne, just as in this weekend. I do not blame him; two similar wheel related anomalies in one weekend? Maybe Haas may offer him a ride next season, but I am not sure if Kimi wants to continue with another team.

I am not also not sure what will happen with Williams, but I am hearing that rich boy's papa is negotiating with other teams. Hard to say with which ones. FI perhaps? 

True about sainz. When he moved to Renault I was thinking hulk would have headaches to tackle sainz. But that clearly is not the case. If he didn't perform better than he is I am sure gasly would be preferred. But hey gasly has done well just one race. Let  s see how he leads the rest of the season 

5 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

True about sainz. When he moved to Renault I was thinking hulk would have headaches to tackle sainz. But that clearly is not the case. If he didn't perform better than he is I am sure gasly would be preferred. But hey gasly has done well just one race. Let  s see how he leads the rest of the season 

...of course...

1 hour ago, Master of his game said:

So the current pecking order after two races

Ferrari/Merc

Redbull 

Toro rosso

Haas

Renault

McLaren

Force india

Sauber

Williams.

What you guys think?

I can agree with that order

Playing guessing game:

1. MB
  2. Maybe Ferrari or RBR (I'am not sure) 
  3. Who knows (plenty people must have headache due to forceful emergence by teams that were considered last year as safe backbenchers)
  4. Williams

I the era of hybrid PU(s), MB won every single race on Shanghai track; 4 in total.

I cannot imagine Chinese GP without the Grid girls. It's like going to a Chinese restaurant and being served BBQ ribs and Potato fries