Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 3 - F1 2018 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, by decline I mean the dominating force of the pack. They now have competition

You mean that this will be probably first time for Hamilton when he has to actually work for WDC? Nice change. :P

I think Max deserve to be suspended for a couple of races to teach this immature a lesson.:bangin:

He's been screwing up other people's races. He did screw Ferrari last year as well which started the downhill for Ferrari. 

Really bad racing habits all the time !:furious:

He is over ambitious with his move. For all the talents max has been praised about, I still think ricci is a much better and consistent driver than max during sundays. Terrible move on Vettel 

15 April 2018, 13:10 (CEST) -- Unfortunately I haven't seen the race, however based on various post-race commentaries everything what could go wrong for Ferrari have been realized. 

Congrats to Dan for great win.

But someone should tell him stop that Shoey thing. It's disgusting !:mf_tongue:

15 April 2018, 15:48 (CEST) -- I am lacking understanding how it is possible that Verstappen has not yet accumulated enough points to have one race ban imposed upon him. 10 sec penalty amounts to a gentle slap on the wrist. Add  last year similar infractions, yet he is still alive and well. Grosjean certainly was not that lucky.

As the race was resumed, Verstappen started his attacks from the fourth place. The Dutchman lost his patience, at one point he almost rammed into Hamilton, leaving then the race track himself. He then managed to overtake the Briton. When attacking his next target, the third-placed man Sebastian Vettel, he went for an arguably amateurish move, crashing into the Ferrari and sending it into a spin, causing heavy damage to the underfloor of Vettel’s car. The collision was the latest in a spate of incidents for Verstappen in the first three races of the 2018 F1 season.

The incident came just a week after his clash with quadruple world champion Lewis Hamilton during the Bahrain Grand Prix. Trying to overtake the Briton, the Hasselt-born driver squeezed himself into a non-existent gap, forcing Hamilton off the track. The incident prompted the Mercedes driver to question the maturity of the Red Bull driver.

Verstappen has done it the same thing to Vettel couple of years ago, and was applauded for it. 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, Ruslan said:

Didn't watch qualifying (it was on at 1:55 AM)....but.....I gather it was a little cold. Going to be warmer on race day. This may make for a very interesting race.

Well, it was an interesting race.....best race of the season. Totally random and heavily influenced by track temperature, safety cars and crashing Dutchmen, but it was entertaining.

1. DR drove a great race. He may not quite have the speed of some other drivers, but he is absolutely one of the best racers on the grid. His passing with brilliant. Contrast this with the performance of his teammate in the last two races. Anyhow, a well deserve win from him. He would not have won it without some luck, but he also would not have won it without his great drive.

2. What was Ferrari thinking? They lost Vettel the lead. Not sure Vettel would have won that race if they did not screw up the timing of the pit stop, but it was a mistake that handed Bottas the lead.

3. Hulkenburg had a great race in Tier 2. He has really come alive since moving over to Renault.

I will leave the rest of comments to Scipio, who does a much better job at this than I.

That Dutchboy should settle down and mature up his driving style.  He is not a new driver any longer. Otherwise I will personally yell and swear at him at the paddock come Suzuka race :furious:

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

That Dutchboy should settle down and mature up his driving style.  He is not a new driver any longer. Otherwise I will personally yell and swear at him at the paddock come Suzuka race :furious:

Post up a video of this ;)

44 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

Post up a video of this ;)

Including the part where I get thrown out of the paddock and pushed into the Police car:P

16 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, it was an interesting race.....best race of the season. Totally random and heavily influenced by track temperature, safety cars and crashing Dutchmen, but it was entertaining.

1. DR drove a great race. He may not quite have the speed of some other drivers, but he is absolutely one of the best racers on the grid. His passing with brilliant. Contrast this with the performance of his teammate in the last two races. Anyhow, a well deserve win from him. He would not have won it without some luck, but he also would not have won it without his great drive.

2. What was Ferrari thinking? They lost Vettel the lead. Not sure Vettel would have won that race if they did not screw up the timing of the pit stop, but it was a mistake that handed Bottas the lead.

3. Hulkenburg had a great race in Tier 2. He has really come alive since moving over to Renault.

I will leave the rest of comments to Scipio, who does a much better job at this than I.

thanks for the nice words, I'll do my best but today I'm not at 100%

Ricciardo - great race for him, he was lucky with the SC (I think that Vettel has a point on the deployment of the SC, they waited 2 laps and shouldn't have impacted so heavily on the race result), whereas you can bet that Verstappen is going to make at least one mistake per each race, Ricciardo doesn't seem to make any, despite some very ambitious moves. On occasion I feel as if his opponets quite simply give up any hope when they see Ruicciardo behind them

Bottas - sure he was fast (ie. his car was fast) and he didn't make any mistake BUT was there any great move by Bottas during the whole race? If so I must have missed it. I feel that he had the car to keep closer to Vettel during the first part of the race and IMHO his car had enough speed to put some distance between him and Vettel after startegy handed him the lead. Also I believe that at the very least he should have pretended to try to resist to Ricciardo

Raikkonen - sadly a watsed race, Ferrari gave him a poor strategy because they knew that all Kimi could achieve was to hold up the Mercs but he didn't even try to do it. Then he had a much quicker car than Bottas but didn't even try to pass him. I wonder why the guy turns up every week end at the races, it's can't be only for the money. yesterday he might have had a chance to win, he didn't even try to grab second place, frankly it was a bit sad

Hamilton - sure not a great race from him and not the best start of the season either, yesterday it looked as if he was really struggling with his rear tyres, maybe he hasn't found a good set up for his car. He'll be back

Verstappen - I actually think that what he did yesterday is a lesser offence compared to what he did last Sunday, IMHO he was caught off guard by Vettel going long into the hairpin, tried to pass but lost his car, it can happen, I know that it shouldn't but when Vettel who was his reference point for both the braking point and for his turn in overshot the hairpin Verstappen did the same. An F1 driver shouldn't fall into this kind of mistake, obviously he didn't mean to hit Vettel since he hadn't even remotely tried to make a move on him. Verstappen's main problem IMHO is not what happened yesterday but rather the fact that something always happens around him. IMHO yesterday he made an amatourish error and in an ideal world IMHO this shouldn't have been sanctioned (if it wasn't for the fact that he got away with it and Vettel didn't)

Hulkenberg - as per the Red Bulls lady luck seemed to be on his side and he had a good drive and didn't squander his chance. It looks as if Sainz gave him a new lease of life

Alonso - when it matters he delivers, yesterday he was very unlucky with the SC but despite this once again he managed to bring some solid points home. He deserves a better car, and we the fans deserve him in a better car 

Vettel - yesterday the Ferrari's strategist was asleep and they ruined Vettel's race (I don't think that Bottas would have passed him on track, despite a faster car). He was very unlucky with the SC and then he had to push very hard to keep on Bottas' DRS zone and so it looks as if he ruined his front tyres. Then he made a few mistakes missing the apex on several occasions and was hit by Verstappen. All in all all that could go wrong for him did go wrong

20 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Ricciardo - ...On occasion I feel as if his opponets quite simply give up any hope when they see Ruicciardo behind them

Rosberg stated this weekend about Ricciardo: "I remember hating having him behind me in the races."

<<thanks for the nice words, I'll do my best but today I'm not at 100% >>

Sorry to drag you out of your death bed by complementing you. Hope you are feeling better.

I do find myself looking forward to Baku now....as the season has gotten interesting.