Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

2019 Rule Changes

I gather, based upon who is whining, that the 5 KG increase of fuel works in favor of Renault (and Ferrari?) over Mercedes. Won't be a big impact, but.....

just a thought, but why don't they give standard wings to all the cars? then the teams could build their cars around them, they might even end up allowing some close racing

regarding fuel IMHO it must be commercial fuel and it must be the same for everyone. Shell and Petronas are spending small fortunes to develop "fuel" for Ferrari and Mercedes, will that money be included in the budget cap? I think that it's going to be impossible to police it, so as we have a single tyre supplier we should have a single fuel supplier, and in order to avoid the fuel manufacturer favouring one team the FIa should buy some petrol at the closest fuel pump from each venue and give a set amount to each team. That IMHO is a cost cutting measure that could work (in fact a similar rule is in force in many series, I'm not inventing anything new)

Standard wings for cars might be better than my solution (which is ban wings), certainly it is less radical. We shall see what Ross Brawn's tweak is for 2019, but I gather they are going to implement it.

There was a time when fuel had to be commercial fuel and there were strict rules on octane, composition, etc. I actually don't know what the rules are about fuel these days.