Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

we keep doing our own progress as well, working very hard

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier added: “It’s a journey we are going through. We have a clear target. We knew that car would be strong in Monaco, and we keep doing our own progress as well, working very hard.”

>What progress is this Eric???

U MAY have a Clear target but, U R NOWHERE near meeting the target.  The target is getting FURTHER AWAY.
Bring BACK Ron Dennis

42 minutes ago, radical-one said:

McLaren's target should be to shoot Eric in the forehead.:P

30 May 2018, 08:25 (CEST) - Is Eric in charge of car development? I have my doubts. McLaren is paying lavishly (and unnecessarily expensive) one driver for driving a car which could be driven by a far less expensive junior. Money saved should have been invested in engineering instead on promotions of  an overvalued product that is not there. I do suspect that this is a case of misplaced priorities, and I would instead with Eric rather talk about it with the owners of the team and Mr. Brown (a promotional man).  

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

30 May 2018, 08:25 (CEST) - Is Eric in charge of car development? I have my doubts. McLaren is paying lavishly (and unnecessarily expensive) one driver for driving a car which could be driven by a far less expensive junior. Money saved should have been invested in engineering instead on promotions of  an overvalued product that is not there. I do suspect that this is a case of misplaced priorities, and I would instead with Eric rather talk about it with the owners of the team and Mr. Brown (a promotional man).  

Still is Eric's management responsibility isn't it? 

6 minutes ago, radical-one said:

30 May 2018, 09:44 (CEST) - Yes, he is part of management, however we (on outside) do not know exactly scope of his responsibilities. McLaren appears to be top heavy in management, and separation of divisions is only recent, and probably for good reasons. I do not wish to speculate too much, however I have every reason to believe that Eric was minority around management table, and hardly in a position to tell Prodromou or Goss that they are "making mistakes". Language emanating from that camp was without ambiguity - we (McLaren) are perfect, maybe best on the grid, and it is only Honda which is holding us down. Well, the truth cannot be suppressed forever.

Sounds like their issue is company wide and in all levels. These things aren't humanly possible to resolve in a short period of time.

13 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Sounds like their issue is company wide and in all levels. These things aren't humanly possible to resolve in a short period of time.

30 May 2018, 11:55 (CEST) There is a term for it - "Culture of the company", and it is often a main reason why a new CEO is invited to take over helm, and change the course. I do not see however Brown being capable of it.

Yep. Seen and experienced it myself several times in the corporate world. Perhaps Brown is either too nice or naive to ran such a big organization.

A nee CEO must be on it"s way....

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, radical-one said:

Confusing statement.
More accurate WOULD be ...Eric's MIS-management

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Confusing statement.
More accurate WOULD be ...Eric's MIS-management

:lol: