Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Dan's next move, Move or Stay?

If you were Dan Riciardo, Will you move to Merc or Ferrari or stay?

What should Red Bull do?

IMO, Red Bull should cut Mad Max's pay in half and give it to Dan for him to stay and at the same time not spend more money on Driver's salary.

And If I were Dan, I would stay and be no.1 driver plus more money in a team that I understand enough.

What\s your take?

30 May 2018, 12:40 (CEST) At Ferrari DR presence would create politically charged difficult situation for Vettel (and Ari as well). First of all, two Alpha males in the same room spells trouble from GetGo. Furthermore, should Vettel win more races than DR, I am very pessimistic about post race comments, whether chunk of media and fans would give him any credit for it. He would be most likely accused either from cheating, or Ferrari's favoritism towards him. There is outside world, which believes that Ricciardo proved once for all that he is so much "better" racer. Obviously I am not one of them. I should make perhaps clear that I am not particularly found of DR. Not because of 2014, but for him riding c#cktails of 2014 a bit for too long. He often talks too much.

Take last race. Most of what I read was raving over his ride as the greatest thing EVER, yet lets have some reality check. First of all, the race was not truly competitive, but since he won, good for him! I do however also remember Vettel's win in Singapore (couple of years ago?), where he won in less competitive car, beating MB's rocket fair and square with no excuses, yet what media have done? Hardly mentioned reality and parameters of that accomplishment. They were instead more worry what happened to their darling Lewis.

Such is our world we live in.   

My prediction is that Dan will stay in RB at least for another 2 years. I think this is best for him.

Merc will retain Lewis and may replace Bottas with Ocon.

Ferrari will retain Vettel and Kimi (2019).

10 minutes ago, radical-one said:

My prediction is that Dan will stay in RB at least for another 2 years. I think this is best for him.

Merc will retain Lewis and may replace Bottas with Ocon.

Ferrari will retain Vettel and Kimi (2019).

30 May 2018, 16:02 (CEST) - could be, but I am not sure about Kimi staying in F1 next season. Ferrari needs injection of young blood to secure continuity beyond 2019. Gasly and Leclerc are two names whose development I would watch closely this season. Ocon probably will move elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

30 May 2018, 16:02 (CEST) - could be, but I am not sure about Kimi staying in F1 next season. Ferrari needs injection of young blood to secure continuity beyond 2019. Gasly and Leclerc are two names whose development I would watch closely this season. Ocon probably will move elsewhere.

Yes.

Other uncertain seats are MadMax, Grosjean, Hartley, Ericsson, Vandoorne. 

14 hours ago, radical-one said:

Yes.

Other uncertain seats are MadMax, Grosjean, Hartley, Ericsson, Vandoorne. 

Verstappen is probably safe, until he demolishes some cars again, and then the owner might say something. The others - well, they might not be best, but who is there to replace them? Probably his full name is Lot (of) Cash.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen is probably safe, until he demolishes some cars again, and then the owner might say something. The others - well, they might not be best, but who is there to replace them? Probably his full name is Lot (of) Cash.

Some Son of Mr. Lot of dough will always be welcome

Good day one & all, it's been a while! If I was Riccardo I would stay at Red Bull. If he wants to prove himself a top, top driver he needs to show that he can deliver even if the odds are against him with the team favouring the other driver. He needs to shoe that no matter what the challenge he has what it takes to deliver consistently. When he does that Daniel won't need to move - teams will need to move Daniel.

Mercedes I don't believe have any desire to replace Bottas with Ricciardo, because of poor performances on Valterri's part, and especially since Ricciardo is again being outperformed by Max.  According to Sky's F1's coverage Toto Wolff said, " Valterri is doing an exceptional job. At the moment there is no reason to change the lineup."

If Daniel takes too long in making up his mind, to re-sign with Red Bull. I wonder if Horner would consider giving Alonso a call??...hmmmm.

Ricciardo , and Ferrari with Vettel......It ain't gonna happen!

Alonso to RB, well, Honda will have to OK first for that to happen.

I do not think honda will be too keen for Alonso - who trashed talk Honda PU for 3 years....

DR will be driving next year, as a good guess, for one off following teams: RBR, Renault, or McLaren. Neither for Ferrari or MB.

If I were Dan, I would either stay in RB or move to Reanult. McLaren may not be the best choice at his age.

Anyone wanting to drive a Mercedes or Ferrari needs permission from their first (and only, let us be honest) drivers. Ricciardo is not going to get it.

On 6/26/2018 at 4:37 AM, maure said:

Anyone wanting to drive a Mercedes or Ferrari needs permission from their first (and only, let us be honest) drivers. Ricciardo is not going to get it.

27 June 2018, 13:08 (CEST)  If honesty is what you demand, maure, then I am free to voice my opinion, that we, on the outside do not know enough of internal team politics, and therefore we are playing guessing games based on our personal bias. That's all what it is. It seems only fair then, there is no need to malign any driver unjustly.

That being said, I think Hamilton's preferences will be taken into consideration when a second driver choice will come up. At Ferrari, Vettel will be not consulted. Marchionne runs a show, and with Arrivabene they may or may not talk about Vettel without him being actually at the table, but at the end those two alone will make the decision if Kimi stays, or who will replace him.

Long time ago sig. Luca Cordero di Montezemolo was briefly explaining hiring process during his tenure. In terms of consultation with a teammate, discussion evolved around candidate's driving style, quality of debriefing candidate is capable off, and anything else off the radar which management might not have been aware off (but drivers do know for fact). Finally, the team wants to built only one type of a racing car, but not two, and significantly different ones.(one like push rod, the other one pull rod, etc.).