Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 9 - F1 2018 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

to spice things up? I really don't know, in fairness I see no reason for that penalty provided that according to the stewards Vettel could not see Sainz from his mirrors. On Sky Italy they said that the stewards had been criticized for how lenient a penalty they imposed on Vettel in France for the accident with Bottas (which in my book was a straightforward racing accident, even though I think that Vettel was at fault when he hit Grosjean on the first lap) and so they very likely "reviewed" their earlier decision in this way.

I'm not surprised by this, you all know that my view on stewardship in F1 is that they're a bunch of amateurs (and sometimes I question their integrity)

Ditto!!!

He hit Grosjean on the first lap in France gp? I missed that

MO - we were lenient then, but we will not be here" is pretty slippery slope, methinks. 

Just as "he was on a racing line, driving slowly". In whose judgement he was on a racing line, especially when on some locations there is more than one rl? 

I have my nose out of joint for the double penalty Vettel received in Austria. Grid demotion 3 places, and 3 demerit points, heading potentially for a race exclusion. Looks like someone wants to tame his enthusiasm if he qualifies on a second row. Collisions after start are not so rare, and looks like Vettel will be one who will be called to take responsibility, whether he deserves it or not. I am yet to see a single case Arrivabene would protest and defend his driver over anything.

35 minutes ago, Sakae said:

MO - we were lenient then, but we will not be here" is pretty slippery slope, methinks. 

Just as "he was on a racing line, driving slowly". In whose judgement he was on a racing line, especially when on some locations there is more than one rl? 

I have my nose out of joint for the double penalty Vettel received in Austria. Grid demotion 3 places, and 3 demerit points, heading potentially for a race exclusion. Looks like someone wants to tame his enthusiasm if he qualifies on a second row. Collisions after start are not so rare, and looks like Vettel will be one who will be called to take responsibility, whether he deserves it or not. I am yet to see a single case Arrivabene would protest and defend his driver over anything.

We all know that the powers that be aren't in love with Vettel, or maybe I should rephrase this, Vettel (or any other driver) doesn't get the same special treatment reserved for Hamilton and Versbatten

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He hit Grosjean on the first lap in France gp? I missed that

yes he hit Grosjean after he damaged his car with Bottas, I'm sure that it was difficult to drive, but still he sent Grosjean off the track

18 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

We all know that the powers that be aren't in love with Vettel, or maybe I should rephrase this, Vettel (or any other driver) doesn't get the same special treatment reserved for Hamilton and Versbatten

After Mexico play in 2016 (?) it was so demonstrated with clarity. That race and FiA's decision process left me bitter in amounts good for next decade. Media bias shone just as brightly. I feel with Vettel and have excused his string of fully understandable expletives directed to race control.

31 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

How many demerit points for a race ban again. The more I think of the s##t, the worse is the conclusion. For a ****ing race incident!

From memory (only): 

12 is max accumulation followed by exclusion from one race

Vettel had 6 points after last race  on his F1-rap sheet.

It takes 12 months from the day points were added to have them voided, incident by incident, line item by line item. Those last 3 from Austria will be taken off only by COB on June 30, 2019.

That's how I understand it.  

In the last race at the start Vettel went off the track for sake of avoiding some crazies from tier 2. Risk incurring additional 6 points is not just bad dream. It's all real, which makes Austrian incident so upsetting for his fans. 

Some funny s##t posted by a Chris Sturgeon in one of the jamesallenonf1 articles. Have a laugh

I watched the Channel 4 coverage this afternoon.
I couldn’t help thinking that I was watching some how a premonition of the results of Liberty Media/Ross Brawn’s hope to even the opportunities for all teams.
There were two chaps interviewed from this team called Hart or Hast or something, apparently they drive round and round behind Lewis and Seb every weekend too. And there was a very nice chap called Acorn or some such who told us that he was grateful that some of the proper blokes had pulled over to give him a chance to show what he can do.
So all told I learnt something new and best thing to do is to have that fellow Wolf, get that box out that he keeps under his desk with all the busted bits in it and put them on the cars so that we see some of the other chaps a bit more.

Some funny s##t posted by a Chris Sturgeon in one of the jamesallenonf1 articles. Have a laugh

I watched the Channel 4 coverage this afternoon.
I couldn’t help thinking that I was watching some how a premonition of the results of Liberty Media/Ross Brawn’s hope to even the opportunities for all teams.
There were two chaps interviewed from this team called Hart or Hast or something, apparently they drive round and round behind Lewis and Seb every weekend too. And there was a very nice chap called Acorn or some such who told us that he was grateful that some of the proper blokes had pulled over to give him a chance to show what he can do.
So all told I learnt something new and best thing to do is to have that fellow Wolf, get that box out that he keeps under his desk with all the busted bits in it and put them on the cars so that we see some of the other chaps a bit more.