Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 10 - F1 2018 BRITISH GRAND PRIX

7 July 2018, 16:22 (CEST)

Sebastian stays in fight, despite P2. Race pace is good. I am however impressed with Ocon, Leclerc and especially with Frédéric Vasseur. What a guy!! A team with modest resources today they were punching about their weight. Williams on the other hand...well they talk great just as McLaren does.

Race is tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Sakae said:

7 July 2018, 16:22 (CEST)

Sebastian stays in fight, despite P2. Race pace is good.

yes but tomorrow they'll be using the Pirelli tyres designed especially to suit Mercedes so I fear that Ferrari might only get the spoils

We have to hope that Ferrari will redefine "beat them in their own game". Momentarily I cannot recall any negative comments from Maranello regarding said tires. (I do not read however anymore as I used to.)

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I have a feeling Kimi might win this one

I don't mind, as long as Seb keeps MB behind him at the Finish Line.

Absolute stunning performance from Lewis today during qualifying, to take pole position.

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

yes but tomorrow they'll be using the Pirelli tyres designed especially to suit Mercedes so I fear that Ferrari might only get the spoils

If I recall correctly... Vettel stated that they've sorted out the tyre issue

1 hour ago, Samouri said:

Absolute stunning performance from Lewis today during qualifying, to take pole position.

Q: (Sergio Remondino – Autosprint) Lewis, is it because it’s Silverstone that Mercedes and Lewis are in front of Ferrari? The circuit made the difference or what else? Was it because there is a superiority of driver and car or in your performance…

LH: Both

So, LH thinks he is a superior driver.

Reality check:

1. Circuit lap is 5.9 km long.

2. MB completed lap 0.044 sec faster over Ferrari. In terms of distance, Vettel crossed the Finish Line about 1 car length (3 or so meters) behind #44. Considering the lap length, P1 or P2 in this case is then about the same in my book as far as achievement is concern.

Vettel did not want to make excuses that he had neck related problem, but fact is, he was not totally fit, and at those speeds generating huge g-forces, he was definitely handicapped. Seb went to lay down early today.

Needles to say I am not impressed at all with the Englishman and his ego. It really stinks. Over the years he made many derogatory remarks about Vettel, and he is not letting go. The other day he wanted to wipe smile of Vettel's face, and it seems he is not finish yet. Advantage he had in PU for so many years doesn't bother him at all. 

That's really one thing I don't like about Hamilton... his HUGE EGO. It puts me off. I feel like switching off he channel when I see him celebrating or expressing complementaries. It just sounds and looks fake!  Yet I know I have expressed admiration for his skills numorous times but we've heard it all before, the great drivers always have a healthy dose of ego and talent. There's something in my line of work called edge of chaos. Not many designers/art directors know about this, or are willfully ignorant. It's the fine line of manouvering between brilliance or controversial offense. It's hitting the sweet spot, the point inbetween. Its either awesome brilliance, or taking things a way too far, for the sake of attention. If you know what I mean.

My point is...

Vettel's ego is seen in his drive to win, there always is that will. He does his talking on the track. Because of that he's sometimes emotional...but on the TRACK. In the field of battle! Yet, off-track, he has always been humble, humorous and respectable towards his peers. You can't buy class unfortunately!

Hamilton (and St. Alfonso) on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's really one thing I don't like about Hamilton... his HUGE EGO. It puts me off. I feel like switching off he channel when I see him celebrating or expresing complementaries. It just sounds and looks fake!  Yet I know I have expressed admiration for his skills numorous times but we've heard it all before, the great drivers always have a healthy dose of ego and talent. There's something in my line of work called edge of chaos. Not many designers/art directors know about this, or are willfully ignorant. It's the fine line of manouvering between brilliance or controversial offense. It's hitting the sweet spot. Its either awesome brilliance, or taking things a way too far, for the sake of attention. If you know what I mean.

My point is...

Vettel's ego is seen in his drive to win, there always is that will. He does his talking on the track. Because of that he's sometimes emotional on the track. Yet, off-track, he has always been humble, humorous and respectable towards his peers. You can't buy class unfortunately!

Hamilton (and St. Alfonso) on the other hand...

The same here.

Congratulations to Seb and Ferrari for winning this race.

Odd race which I didn't enjoyed. Beats me why it so. 

Ocon ahead of more experienced Perez. Sorry about Leclerc. 

Hamilton is characterizing incident between him and Kimi as "Ferrari's tactics". Obviously there is no limit how vulgar post race situation can develop. The guy has history smearing openly others. 

On 07/07/2018 at 5:07 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

49 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Congratulations to Seb and Ferrari for winning this race.

Odd race which I didn't enjoyed. Beats me why it so. 

Ocon ahead of more experienced Perez. Sorry about Leclerc. 

Hamilton is characterizing incident between him and Kimi as "Ferrari's tactics". Obviously there is no limit how vulgar post race situation can develop. The guy has history smearing openly others. Optics do suggest serious character deficit.

Yes... Serious character deficits! You'll never see such attitudes from any other driver. Both Hamilton and Toto is stating that. Apparently Kimi is now incompetent. 

Toto needs to chill, because his outburst makes very little sense, after he excluded possibility, that incident was simply a racing accident, decision by stewards notwithstanding. I am hearing that first who has suggested incident was planned was - allegedly - Allison. Its pity Allison had no such bright idea when he was "designing" Ferrari when he was employed there. Mercedes employees should realize legal ramification os such action. (Recall Singapore incident ).

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Toto needs to chill, because his outburst makes very little sense, after he excluded possibility, that incident was simply a racing accident, decision by stewards notwithstanding. I am hearing that first who has suggested incident was planned was - allegedly - Allison. Its pity Allison had no such bright idea when he was "designing" Ferrari when he was employed there.

Allison. My word!

Merc is dragging the guy's reputation down the drain

52 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

Fantastic overtake. This one on bottas and the one on lewis last week. The overtake was more like a F**k off to lewis.

He caught them both napping. Balsy and determined driving. 

And ppl accused him of not being an overtaker in the past! Crazy

Toto Wolff: Raikkonen was deliberate or incompetent

You mean Kimi won't be replacing Bottas any time soon?

Sebastain Vettel Wins British GP Amid Controversy

I say. Gasly in the same race for incident with Perez received 5 sec penalty (after all it was "only" Perez), whereas Kimi received 10 sec for hitting the "chosen one". Kimi, some articles claim, robbed Hamilton from certain win.

Must be, because plan was for Vettel probably to park it in the middle of race. (Not.)

With all fairness, many fans are appalled by comments emanating from MB camp, recalling Bottas hitting Kimi last year several times (Lauda forgot about it). Lewis should be focused not as much on Kimi, but on his loss of position at the start. Reality check; you get into mid-pack after start, and expect worst in tight turns. 

FiA's bias so blatantly demonstrated in Mexico (2016) favoring two drivers (Hamilton, Verstappen) is not forgotten.

I'm ashamed for Lewis Hamilton and the Mercedes team, Hamilton i a stunning driver, an average racer, a bad winner and a very sore loser. Toto should know better, the only time that someone had a fishy start this season were the Mercs in France when they bexed in Vettel and then Hamilton braked early. 

I am more concerned about my own state of mind, realizing, that I have expected no better from those people. My trust in human decency is broken, and I can thank for it, in part, too much of exposure to F1 media. Rhetoric of some individuals bothered me, and it took away from what I thought has been a decent race Sebastian had. (Happy to have you here again, PCS.)

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ah well. Lets have a laugh. The reaction from Kimi's side of garage when he overtook Bottas. PRICELESS

Gianluca D'Alessandro (@Gianludale27) Tweeted:
The reaction in the Ferrari garage to Kimi's overtake on Bottas

https://t.co/DQn4SmnRu2 https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/1016339002000015362?s=17

I must be a bad person, because that look onto Toto's disappointed face after overtake make me immeasurably happy. At least for today. I think it is immoral to be happy because someone else is suffering, but the he** with morality. I will be remorseful some other day.