Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 10 - F1 2018 BRITISH GRAND PRIX

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I must be a bad person, because that look onto Toto's disappointed face after overtake make me immeasurably happy. At least for today. I think it is immoral to be happy because someone else is suffering, but the he** with morality. I will be remorseful some other day.

lol.... no, not bad or immoral at all

I was rather p**sed off with Lewis, when he didn't attend the post race interview with Martin Brundle. He made it even worse by implying that Kimi may have deliberately hit him. Maybe some drivers would have acted in that way, but that isn't part of the character of the....Iceman.

I'm glad that Lewis later admitted that the contact with Kimi was a racing incident, and that , " sometime we may say dumb s##t and we learn from it." 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Sakae said:

Hamilton is characterizing incident between him and Kimi as "Ferrari's tactics". Obviously there is no limit how vulgar post race situation can develop. The guy has history smearing openly others. 

Hamilton's performance during qualifying was stunning on his part. By taking pole position from Vettel

.Regarding Lewis's history of smearing other drivers. During the post qualifying press interviews for the 2009 British GP. Mark Webber in an irritating tone complained about Kimi being all over the place, and at times on the racing line said, " Kimi was, I don't know drinking some vodka or dreaming or something.".

At least Lewis didn't complain about, Kimi drinking some vodka when he hit him.  

6 hours ago, Samouri said:

Hamilton's performance during qualifying was stunning on his part. By taking pole position from Vettel

.Regarding Lewis's history of smearing other drivers. During the post qualifying press interviews for the 2009 British GP. Mark Webber in an irritating tone complained about Kimi being all over the place, and at times on the racing line said, " Kimi was, I don't know drinking some vodka or dreaming or something.".

At least Lewis didn't complain about, Kimi drinking some vodka when he hit him.  

Kimi drinking on the job when he is behind the wheel of a racing car? Never heard of it. I think you perhaps do not understand his style of sarcasm when quoting him on it. Talking about past, surely you must recall quite a few incidents him having with Bottas, or the one Hamilton ramming into stationary Raikonnen at the pit-lane exit. This sport offers abundance of edge type of risky situations turning those occasionally into mishaps, however very seldom any of those are intentional IMO. 

Blocking and changing lines (more than once), some drivers do it occasionally, others do it quite often like -- moving chicane -- Verstappen. That's dark side of racing.

Finally, bellicose comments were initiated and aired public during, and after the last race by MB personnel, Allison, Wolff, and Hamilton. There was no need for it. Hard to say today, they didn't complain about what was essentially a racing incident. Hamilton got into it in post race interview, took low road, and only later when he cooled down and realized how stupid his insinuation was, then he began to back out of it. Penalty of 10 sec instead 5 was additional insult to the injury. True, Raikonnen accepted responsibility for the incident, however not sure he agreed with those 10 sec. FiA is anything but consistent. I have no time (nor mood) to count all contacts which went to pass without any punitive measures, but those do exist. 

FiA possessing some problems; inconsistency is one of them. Perhaps "permanent" stewards, trained regularly, and serving only limited term (š to 5 seasons) would improve this situation. Take training of NFL referees - something like that.

Now when there is convergence in equipment level of performance, Vettel suddenly, media states, has "a superior car" and a reason why he is winning, whereas Hamilton is winning only because of his "superior" skills. 

That's perception one obtains when following F1 outside of a race track. But, is it so? Hamilton has never driven a dog of a car, and since 2014 he had unrivaled rocket of a racer beneath his feet. Has anyone doubted he fully deserved WDC trophies on level playing field? (Well someone other than me.)

MB was a faster car in UK. MB was a favorite entering in UK race (check bookies). Hamilton and Vettel qualified almost on the same lap time. Battle ensued, and never was. Perhaps the only conclusion of current situation we can derive, that MB has first time in many years competition, which caught up with their unique, and FiA protected position. If they want trophies, it is clear they will have to work for it, accidents or not. Is then Hamilton that much superior, or in reality he is on display as any other driver, and he will win some, and loose other races. No superiority demonstrated.

In contrast, visible deficit in PU performance however was obvious on Renault and Honda cars. So much is undisputed. UK was a power circuit.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Now when there is convergence in equipment level of performance, Vettel suddenly, media states, has "a superior car" and a reason why he is winning, whereas Hamilton is winning only because of his "superior" skills. 

That's perception one obtains when following F1 outside of a race track. But, is it so? Hamilton has never driven a dog of a car, and since 2014 he had unrivaled rocket of a racer beneath his feet. Has anyone doubted he fully deserved WDC trophies on level playing field? (Well someone other than me.)

MB was a faster car in UK. MB was a favorite entering in UK race (check bookies). Hamilton and Vettel qualified almost on the same lap.

In contrast, visible deficit in PU performance however was obvious on Renault and Honda cars. So much is undisputed. UK was a power circuit.

Glad Ferrari has caught up. Glad there won't be another situation where MB ends up 30-40 secs ahead of their rivals at a power circuit like Silverstone and Monza, include Canada too. For once, after 4 years of utter domination, they have some competition.

It was always hilarious watching the Merc drivers celebrate their wins like it was really something special. Like they had just beaten their rivals with almost equal machinery. What a travesty

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

For once, after 4 years of utter domination, they have some competition.

They, especially Hamilton, is not taking it well. That's not the world he got accustomed in past several years. His tirade in shaky, almost whinnying voice after race how he, speaking to British public in general, will be fighting back for them was nothing but pitiful.

Season is not over by any means, and too many factors are yet to be decided before one can lean back and relax.

3 engines, load of races, rising RBR, etc. It is not even between just two drivers. Verstappen drove well, and all what he needs more power, and he will be a player.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

They, especially Hamilton, is not taking it well. That's not the world he got accustomed in past several years. His tirade in shaky, almost whinnying voice after race how he, speaking to British public in general, will be fighting back for them was nothing but pitiful.

Season is not over by any means, and too many factors are yet to be decided before one can lean back and relax.

3 engines, load of races, rising RBR, etc. It is not even between just two drivers. Verstappen drove well, and all what he needs more power, and he will be a player.

Verstappen...nah

I am not too found of this Dutch fellow, however his play with Kimi in last race was impressive. (At least I thought so). Maybe even more so than Seb pulled on Bottas. Kimi could not shake him off initially, until power unit got chance to kick in. My definition of close racing is precisely such interaction.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I am not too found of this Dutch fellow, however his play with Kimi in last race was impressive. (At least I thought so). Maybe even more so than Seb pulled on Bottas. Kimi could not shake him off initially, until power unit got chance to kick in. My definition of close racing is precisely such interaction.

Yes, that duel was good.

But champion, maybe in 3 years time

43 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, that duel was good.

But champion, maybe in 3 years time

Yeah, a champion maybe after 2020. Depends on a car, team, how his rivals will develop and also he has to calm down first. His attack strikes me being impulsive and hurried, rather than well thought out deliberation.

Go and figure.

Lewis Hamilton certainly made a mountain out of a molehill with regard to the contact with Raikkonen. Despite his claims, Mercedes confirmed that Lewis Hamilton had minor damage to his car.

Immediately after the incident the Briton made a number of frantic calls over his radio. He claimed “I think my car’s broken”, and then “I’ve lost half my floor, I’m sure”.

Trackside engineering director Andrew Shovlin later confirmed that there was “very, very minimal” damage to Hamilton’s car.

Conclusion: take all radio com during race with grain of salt. Emotions running high and facts are scarce.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Yeah, a champion maybe after 2020. Depends on a car, team, how his rivals will develop and also he has to calm down first. His attack strikes me being impulsive and hurried, rather than well thought out deliberation.

+1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 0:31 AM, Sakae said:

Kimi drinking on the job when he is behind the wheel of a racing car? Never heard of it. I think you perhaps do not understand his style of sarcasm when quoting him on it. Talking about past, surely you must recall quite a few incidents him having with Bottas, or the one Hamilton ramming into stationary Raikonnen at the pit-lane exit.

Let Lewis use that kind of sarcasm regarding Kimi, and drinking. There would have been such an outcry by some of his critics, and would've been a major topic on F1 websites.

Whenever I read about the incident in the pit lane during the 2008 Canadian GP. They always mention the fact of Lewis ramming a stationary Kimi, which definitely was a screw up on Hamilton's part...no question about that. But, I always found it interesting that no mention is ever made of Rosberg ramming Lewis in the rear, during that same incident.

The call to the pit wall by Lewis regarding losing half of his floor, and that his car being broken. Surely didn't sound frantic to me, but I guess it's different with others.

It seems that all drivers have their own private moments of embarrassment and horror in their racing career. 

5 hours ago, Samouri said:

The call to the pit wall by Lewis regarding losing half of his floor, and that his car being broken. Surely didn't sound frantic to me...

Some media outlets were singing ave how Hamilton won their hearts in "badly damaged" car based on radio com after reaching P2. Mercedes felt necessary to set the record straight in post-race interview. They didn't had to do that, but for their own reasons they have. I have no idea how such anomaly affected his race, driver however does, so much is true.

Bottas seemed fine once lights went off. With just passing interest I am under impression that Hamilton is not a great starter, and it is not first time his take off wasn't too great. For past several years his equipment was masking a lot on his personal side, and it will be even more transparent now, when convergence in equipment performance with Ferrari has been reached.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

I think Merc engine 2.1 has some serious defaults. If the Merc drivers are running in front they need to be pushed. Sound simple, but anything can happen. Garner as  many points as possible. The problem is we will definately have RBR in the mix.

Ferrari need to find gains aerodynamically. Kimi sounds positive on progress. Let's wait and see

Questions questions questions

Bottas being told to take it easy as his temperatures were skyrocketing during free practice. The 2nd hydraulic failure in 3 races. Hydraulic or transmission failure nothing to do with engine they say. Conflicting messages on Hamilton retirement. Rosberg questioning his "never before seen" body language - "

“I’ve never seen that body language from him before.

“We saw it for the first time at Silverstone, and now again for a very long time there – disbelief, or something.

“Of course it’s tough but this is a new body language, I’ve never seen that from Lewis.”

Have they pushed too far in a desperate bid to catch up?

If Kimi is still 3rd after lap one, all he needs to do is push till Bottas' engine gives up