Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 10 - F1 2018 BRITISH GRAND PRIX

I think Merc engine 2.1 has some serious defaults. If the Merc drivers are running in front they need to be pushed. Sound simple, but anything can happen. Garner as  many points as possible. The problem is we will definately have RBR in the mix.

Ferrari need to find gains aerodynamically. Kimi sounds positive on progress. Let's wait and see

Has Ferrari now most powerful PU on the grid? So says rumor in the paddock. Sauber seemingly supports the claim that it is better than last year. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, Sakae said:

Wolff: both DNF(s) in last race weren't related to new PU.

According to Wolff, they had a hydraulic leak that was to the steering on Valterri's car. Regarding Lewis, he had a drop in fuel pressure in his car, which was linked to the fuel system.

@Samouri What's strange about this information, that it was made public.Teams have habit on PR side not to say anything, or very little, minimizing incident as insignificant. Brad (above) has his own doubts, and he could be right, because on one hand we have these easily solved problems, but on the other hand I've noticed headlines that MB is not sure if they will be punished and moved back on the grid. Must be for something significant then.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

@Samouri What's strange about this information, that it was made public.Teams have habit on PR side not to say anything, or very little, minimizing incident as insignificant. Brad (above) has his own doubts, and he could be right, because on one hand we have these easily solved problems, but on the other hand I've noticed headlines that MB is not sure if they will be punished and moved back on the grid. Must be for something significant then.

I smell something rather fishy. I guess I'm just abit cynical that both cars "broke" down a race after 2.1 intro. Now they have to check seals and stuff.. I think they rushed the engine development phase without having proper evaluation becoz of the pressure from Ferrari...

We await with baited breath future developments

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I smell something rather fishy. I guess I'm just abit cynical that both cars "broke" down a race after 2.1 intro. Now they have to check seals and stuff.. I think they rushed the engine development phase without having proper evaluation becoz of the pressure from Ferrari...

We await with baited breath future developments

Makes sense.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ah, I should'nt be so cynical/sceptical... maybe there is REALLY nothing wrong with Hammie's engine hey.

Well, he is the blessed one, in the case you didn't know. 

Merc 1-2 with Vettel in 3rd with .5 deficit. Its looking good for Ferrari, normally they hide pace on Fridays then turn up the wick comes qualifying. I think he can go for pole or split the Mercs tom... My guess

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Computer simulation favors Mercedes on this track (Arrivabene).

One can say it favoured them for the last 4 races, from Canada onwards

Wonder what's the feedback on tyres, how it's holding up? Big talk/concern about tyre management this weekend. Hot weather on Sunday will definately throw spanner in the works

I do not know about tires, but following FP2 from the distance, right now I am wondering if Grosjean will have drive next year. Verstappen lost it as well, trashing his practice and a car.

Easy going mental exercise, scanning the FP2 result. MB sandwiched between 2 Ferraris. What does that mean? Kimi is not slouch, and he had a few fastest sectors this weekend, which in one interpretation would suggest, Hamilton, Bottas, and Kimi in that sequence is normalcy, and Seb is with his car was punching above his weight and got most juice out of his equipment, without receiving any credit for his craft.

Alonso in contrast, in similar situation would nonsensically say that he, Alonso, pulled 150% out of his car. Applaud!

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Alonso in contrast, in similar situation would nonsensically say that he, Alonso, pulled 150% out of his car. Applaud!

That IS expected of Alonso - ALWAYS delivers.  Even IN the GP2 Mclaren Honda

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, Sakae said:

Those headlines that you may have read regarding Mercedes may being punished, and set back on the grid. Thankfully turn out to be wrong, but probably at the top of those headline writers wish list.

11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Seems improvements are really working well for Ferrari. Bodes well, even for Friday practice sessions

It will be an interesting fight between Lewis and Sebastian this weekend at Silverstone.

7 July 2018, 09:04 (CEST)

What's with those headlines - Vettel shocks Hamilton?

Vettel is a proven winner in competitive environment, so no surprises there, yet he shocked me too. As soon as I've got adjusted my expectations Ferrari lays low on Fridays, now we get this one. Maybe upgrades are working well after all (for change). Now he has to stay there 3x more this weekend. 

Wow, Sauber, Leclerc in Q1. P6?????? What happened? Sainz AGAIN complains and blames traffic for exit in Q1. I used to like this guy, come to think.