Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 11 - F1 2018 Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

They "all" do it?

Crash:

Midway through the race at Hockenheim Ferrari were heard trying to subtly inform Kimi Raikkonen, who had pitted earlier than teammate Sebastian Vettel and gained track position, to not damage both his own and Vettel’s tyre strategies.

The Finn asked for clarification which saw him allow Vettel to pass him, shadowing scenes from 2010 – coincidentally also at Hockenheim -, when Felipe Massa was told via a coded message to let Fernando Alonso overtake him.

Further team orders followed at Mercedes during the final laps when Valtteri Bottas attacked Lewis Hamilton for the lead of the race which prompted technical boss James Allison to tell the Finn to hold position in second place.

Hamilton's victory would be even greater had Bottas was let to race.

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am sorry if I misunderstood what you meant.  

No problem at all.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

They "all" do it?

Crash:

Sorry, I'm not gonna bite.

On 23/07/2018 at 9:56 AM, Master of his game said:

How are you sure? 

I've followed his career. He's very overrated. Oh how I laughed when he started crying like a girl on Sunday afternoon. 

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

They "all" do it?

Crash:

Vettel's defeat would have been even funnier had you been there to see it. 

9 hours ago, Samouri said:

Sorry, I'm not gonna bite.

I am not sure why would I ask you to "bite". That was not my intent and there is no need to characterize that post. Sole point was to document for future references that team orders are from time to time deployed by more than just a one team.  That includes Williams. I do recall times when fans of Williams were trumpeting about the team of high sporting ethics, yet when Hill left (or was he kicked out after he won WDC), he said, I have a different story to tell.  

On 7/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

@Masterofhisgame

I'de advise you to take anything MrVicVenom, also known as Peanutgallery, says with a pinch of salt. He usually appears to gloat or vent obscenities at Vettel(he's never around when Vettel leads), or when Verstappen has a string of good results. Who he considers btw, the best driver on the grid. I kid you not.

Max still has a lot to prove.  Change of attitude is one thing but he says he has reached this level because of his attitude.  So let's wait and watch where his attitude takes him. 

14 hours ago, VicVenom said:

I've followed his career. He's very overrated. Oh how I laughed when he started crying like a girl on Sunday afternoon. 

Perspective