Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 11 - F1 2018 Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

IMO this is the home race for Mercedes. Ferrari will like nothing better than play a spoiler (just to please me).

Parabolika will favor power. I would consider it as the most dangerous piece of racing track anywhere. I am not sure of speeds, but expect easy over 360 km/hr.

RBR will get opportunity for revenge in the race after Germany, end of July - Hungary (then later on Singapore). Based on performance in UK, RBR will get chance to win at least 2 more races this year. 

19 July 2018, 13:51 (CEST)  Track permits overtaking, which in theory should give a stronger PU upper hand. Not sure about role of tires in this race.

Webber seems to resort to his old self, and engaged in smearing Vettel's character for no reason at all, probably just to please his handlers in UK.

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

19 July 2018, 13:51 (CEST)  Track permits overtaking, which in theory should give a stronger PU upper hand. Not sure about role of tires in this race.

Webber seems to resort to his old self, and engaged in smearing Vettel's character for no reason at all, probably just to please his handlers in UK.

Yeah, I read that. What about his breakdown in character and not being able to handle the pressure. Could'nt cut it when he was leading 2013

19 July 2018, 19:36 (CEST)  Driver's scheduled interview seems very clinical; almost too clinical. Sebastian faced some questions about next year team-mate. I thought he handled the topic quite well. Problem is, as soon as he admits that he wouldn't mind to team up with Kimi again, five minutes later some keyboard warriors accuse him of not having guts "hiring" DR as if he was actually responsible for hiring process.

19 July 2018, 21:22 (CEST)

Weather:

Saturday, 21. July 2018

06:00 in the morning

20°
Light shower
12:00 at noon

21°
Light shower
18:00 in the evenings

22°
Overcast

Sunday, 22. July 2018

06:00 in the morning

18°
Overcast
12:00 at noon

25°
Sunny
18:00 in the evenings

26°
Partly cloudy

21 July 2018, 17:26 (CEST)  - I am neither pleased nor displeased with Hamilton's and Ricciardo's misfortunes this weekend. Remembering year 2014 when Vettel was sitting often on sidelines with that piece of sh*** what Newey gave him that year, and not too many had tearful eyes because of his situation.

Its to soon however to celebrate any payback time. The race is tomorrow. It might be an interesting discussion after race if Bottas will have misfortune tapping Vettel's rear wheel. 

I wish I would understand Seb's mental approach during weekend. In P1 and 2 he is surely following team's testing program in support of development track specific strategy, however in P3 when one would expect validation of package he still sits back without fanfares, and then in dying minutes when it counts, suddenly wakes up and strikes. Must be a gift to chew on for the other drivers.

I do not expect any sparks tomorrow at the back of the grid, unless Hamilton suffers from mental meltdown. He could reach again podium, but for that he would need some attritions among rivals along-way to win it.

Hamilton refused to be interviewed by Rosberg (German born) after that one said that Hamilton's body language was "defensive". I am not sure why anyone has to ask Hamilton for permission in the first place, and should he refused charge him heavily financially and also impose several demerit points.

Mercedes employees are bending over to ensure that whole world will know it is not Hamilton's mistake running the kerbs and breaking the car, but it was the (bad) car which make him to do that. So, what else is new? It is always the same theater with predictable end.

Hamilton is made from some perishable substance, and needs to be handled with care per laws of parallel universe.

Back to mother Earth, he it is not as much funny story anymore as it used to be. It's just narrative repeated. I expect Wolff drop on his knees tomorrow, plea for forgiveness and spend at least a month in some clerical solitude as part of punishment for making his boy angry.

22 July 2018, 07:59 (CEST)

Has FiA bent rules (again) because of the individual involved? Vettel incurred 3 demerit points and 3 places grid penalty for the incident (alleged impeding) with Sainz in Austria during Q2.

Yesterday Hamilton made a show of pushing his car off the track.

1. Safety breach - driver's aren't supposed to do it, and are instructed to leave active side of the circuit as rapidly as physically possible.

2. Qualification was disrupted, and he has in all likelihood impeded crucial laps of several drivers.

3. FiA has not investigated and has not punished Hamilton for circus he created, as they have Vettel. They lost credibility in my eyes when they talk about being consistent in their decisions.

Hamilton on social media termed as his haters anyone and all who (dared) critiqued him for it.

What one can say? 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

What one can say? 

Second is first of the losers, then way-way-way back in the distance IS
Hamilton

Some luck will favour Lewis today and his fans will come out and say he is the greatest to have come from behind. He will be like "Best fans" Ha ha. Have seen enough 

4 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Some luck will favour Lewis today and his fans will come out and say he is the greatest to have come from behind. He will be like "Best fans" Ha ha. Have seen enough 

How right (unfortunately) you were again. Sad day for Scuderia and their fans. First Mr. Marchionne, and now this. What can I say more, if there as if would be any need for it.

Outstanding performance from Lewis today. It doesn't happen often that a driver starts a race in 14th place, and comes up eventually with the race win. The only drive that I could think would top what Lewis had achieved today, was Kimi at Suzuka in 2005. Coming from 17th place for the race win, on the last lap.

Not to take anything from that accomplishment, however in proper context I think numerous SC race disruptions that created opportunities to close the gaps one by one to the front might have something to do with it. Without those I am not so sure that result would had been the same.

Vettel throwing away the World Championship for a 2nd straight year in the best car. Ferrari's fault for hiring two overrated drivers I guess.

How are you sure? I think there is still 10 races to go and i am sure he will come back stronger. i am not sure he is overrated. he has proved a lot of times that he is one of the best.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Not to take anything from that accomplishment, however in proper context I think numerous SC race disruptions that created opportunities to close the gaps one by one to the front might have something to do with it. Without those I am not so sure that result would had been the same.

I don't know if you was following F1 in 2011, or not. I can well imagine though that, you would've felt the same regarding the win that Button had, during the 2011 Canadian GP, because of 6 safety cars.

Ironic that another race Vettel lost to Jenson, by falling off the track while leading in the closing laps of the race. Under variable weather conditions 

7 hours ago, Samouri said:

I don't know if you was following F1 in 2011, or not. I can well imagine though that, you would've felt the same regarding the win that Button had, during the 2011 Canadian GP, because of 6 safety cars.

Ironic that another race Vettel lost to Jenson, by falling off the track while leading in the closing laps of the race. Under variable weather conditions 

Bad things do happen even to good people, however to imply that perhaps Seb doesn't know ho to drive - if that's what you actually meant-would seem excessive. Similar outing happened to Prost in Brazil. People are on the edge, road is slippery, and people do go off consequently. It happens. Button was lucky in Canada IMO.

On 22/07/2018 at 10:56 PM, Master of his game said:

How are you sure? I think there is still 10 races to go and i am sure he will come back stronger. i am not sure he is overrated. he has proved a lot of times that he is one of the best.

On 22/07/2018 at 8:21 PM, VicVenom said:

Vettel throwing away the World Championship for a 2nd straight year in the best car. Ferrari's fault for hiring two overrated drivers I guess.

@Masterofhisgame

I'de advise you to take anything MrVicVenom, also known as Peanutgallery, says with a pinch of salt. He usually appears to gloat or vent obscenities at Vettel(he's never around when Vettel leads), or when Verstappen has a string of good results. Who he considers btw, the best driver on the grid. I kid you not.

21 hours ago, Sakae said:

however to imply that perhaps Seb doesn't know ho to drive - if that's what you actually meant-would seem excessive. Similar outing happened to Prost in Brazil. People are on the edge, road is slippery, and people do go off consequently. It happens. Button was lucky in Canada IMO.

That's your misinterpretation of what I may have said about Sebastian. Vettel could have never become a 4XWDC, if he wasn't  already a top world class driver.

I maybe wrong, but I doubt that you would have made mention in Button's win at Canada in 2011. Anything about keeping things in proper context or safety car race disruptions.

2 hours ago, Samouri said:

That's your misinterpretation of what I may have said about Sebastian. Vettel could have never become a 4XWDC, if he wasn't  already a top world class driver.

I maybe wrong, but I doubt that you would have made mention in Button's win at Canada in 2011. Anything about keeping things in proper context or safety car race disruptions.

I am sorry if I misunderstood what you meant.