Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2019 Silly season

I do watch the F1 for some time, but I cannot recall when such switch happened last time, if ever. It will undoubtedly hurt some drivers. 

PIERRE GASLY TO RACE FOR RED BULL IN 2019

Congratulation is in order. Go and get them, Pierre!

Omedetto Gozaimasu Pierre Gasly !!!:aikido1yw:

You deserve that drive. Keep learning more at TorroRosso for the remaining races.:beer22:

I wonder how Riciardo would feel when Pierre will be ahead of him in the grid for 2019.

Romain seems to be on the bubble. I also wonder what will happen with Ocon. He is MB's man, but MB has no seat for him, and if Perez stays with the team, it might be interesting what's next.

1 minute ago, radical-one said:

Ocon may end up like Pascal

My thoughts exactly. Ocon is however IMHO better racer than PW, and his demise therefore would be so much more painful.

20 hours ago, Sakae said:

My thoughts exactly. Ocon is however IMHO better racer than PW, and his demise therefore would be so much more painful.

Yes true. I just hope Ocan will not end up like Pascal (wasted talent)

1 hour ago, Robert Rick said:

But I don't see why Ocon cannot end up in Haas, McLaren or Williams?

That's assumption most of us are making. I would like that to happen. Haas might be IMO best choice out of three choices. McLaren could be OK in the future, but that future is not now. Leclerc is also in running.

10 hours ago, radical-one said:

I want Kimi to Stay in Ferrari.

Monza might be a day of decisions. Purportedly he will stay for another 2 years. (To the end of current CA.)

On 22/08/2018 at 10:19 AM, Sakae said:

... McLaren could be OK in the future, but that future is not now. 

That theory CAN B applied to MOST teams.
MUCH were expected with the, Mclaren Honda Works partnership.
Though Honda failed to deliver. Honda NOW Red Bull B team (Torro Rosso).
So Torro Rosso CAN take the pain, whilst Honda develops the PU ready for Red Bull.

Renault HAVE proven themselves in the past (William`s Renault,  Red Bull Renault)
OR were it, Newey WHO proved Renault, in the past.

32 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

That theory CAN B applied to MOST teams.
MUCH were expected with the, Mclaren Honda Works partnership.
Though Honda failed to deliver. Honda NOW Red Bull B team (Torro Rosso).
So Torro Rosso CAN take the pain, whilst Honda develops the PU ready for Red Bull.

Renault HAVE proven themselves in the past (William`s Renault,  Red Bull Renault)
OR were it, Newey WHO proved Renault, in the past.

In a recent interview, Horner suggested, that McLaren mismanaged business alignment with external supporting services, here Honda. Whilst dilettantes in technical matters on side lines and in certain corporate boardroom blame Honda for all of their pain, no one would or should buy into that self-appeasing theory. Take following observation which finger-pointing side conveniently refused to discuss, yet it potentially lead to deeper problems than were apparent to a technical neophyte. Alonso too IMHO is not coming out of it as a great expert, because if he would be more on the level guy, a knowledgeable man, at least he would kept his critique in check, which he didn't, drew curtain and put on blinkers.

- McLaren allegedly forced Honda to change PU architecture to accommodate design of chassis, which ultimately lead to all kind of problems for engine manufacturer as a compromised, troublesome solution.

- RBR adopted contrasting approach, and told Honda, do your best, and we work around you on vehicle chassis.

Two sentences aiming potentially at the crux of the problem, both worth of the attention. Add error in calibration of dyno, add lack of data availability from on track testing, and you have conditions for disaster to happen.

It was in a way error of judgement for Honda to enter into series so late under normative rules FiA dictated. It was a huge mountain to clime.

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

- McLaren allegedly forced Honda to change PU architecture to accommodate design of chassis, which ultimately lead to all kind of problems for engine manufacturer as a compromised, troublesome solution.

Ron Dennis` size-zero approach.
Ron Dennis BROUGHT Honda BACK into F1.
Ron WANTED the size zero design for HIS cars. After a NUMBER of years success with.
Ron is NOW no longer at Mclaren, Honda is NOW no longer at Mclaren.
It is NOW up to Renault to deliver WITHOUT Newey.

Silly season is crazy this year. Perez now in discussion with McLaren? Why? He has a good car now, whereas McLaren is in ...

McLaren will not recover in next two years. That's my prediction.

McLaren might never recover. The company seems to be rotten all way through. I get the impression experience ridden local kings knowing best rule in all corners and at every level of development. That, combined with an unhealthy quasi occult worship of Ron Dennis, the past and how things were run in the good old days, might counter all attempts to profoundly change the culture in the company. I fear they will never fix that thing and get it back up running like a brand new machine.

Only reason to sign with McLaren would be in the hope that a miracle happens due to the large budget.

5 hours ago, radical-one said:

If I were Perez, I would stay away from Mclaren.

" Next year is going to be a compleeeetely different thing. We're going to be extreeeeemely competitive. One or two podiums will certainly be within reach. We've fixed alllll our problems and are moving forward now in an increeeedible speed!"

"Really Mr.Brown. Then where do I sign?"