Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2019 Silly season

1 hour ago, Robert Rick said:

" Next year is going to be a compleeeetely different thing. We're going to be extreeeeemely competitive. One or two podiums will certainly be within reach. We've fixed alllll our problems and are moving forward now in an increeeedible speed!"

"Really Mr.Brown. Then where do I sign?"

:rock:They have the best chassis :scarf:

Raikkonen announcement still unclear

Whaaaat?

While some expect the Italian team to confirm Kimi Raikkonen for 2019, Finland’s Turun Sanomat says “reliable sources” report that is not the case.

I do not trust the website, however Turun Sanomat is a serious paper which has no habit to be funny with the truth. Either way, this is very strange.

Sauber waiting on Ferrari line-up decision before Leclerc plans

That's pretty much self-explanatory.

On 9/1/2018 at 0:29 AM, Sakae said:

That's pretty much self-explanatory.

Far fetch but  - IF Ferrari is letting Kimi go (anyways), will it be really silly for Kimi to join Torro Rosso and help them develop the car and up the speed to at least to be mid-field leaders?

I believe TR needs to tap on Kimi's vast experience in their next 2 years of development with Honda.

Or this is really a silly idea ? 

I think it depends on Kimi's personal future plans. Right now he is - undoubtedly - in foul mood, and probably inclined say the h*** with it. He doesn't need money. Going back to a lesser team might hurt his pride, but we never know until he tells us. He said that he has several options to choose from, therefore I gather he has not rejected continuation with racing of some kind in other series. Not sure however it is with F1.

Ten drivers on Toro Rosso ‘long list’ for 2019 F1

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

I think it depends on Kimi's personal future plans. Right now he is - undoubtedly - in foul mood, and probably inclined say the h*** with it. He doesn't need money. Going back to a lesser team might hurt his pride, but we never know until he tells us. He said that he has several options to choose from, therefore I gather he has not rejected continuation with racing of some kind in other series. Not sure however it is with F1.

HE might very well be in that list of 10. If I were TR, I would seriously consider Kimi to help develop their car.

I hope he stays in F1 at least a year more.

I wonder if Kimi will be of help or hinderance to Ferrari and his teammate for balance of this season. Based on what transpired at Monza, it seems a question of this kind is legitimate concern.

Whether Leclerc should replace Kimi with immediate effect depends how brass will see it. WCC is not totally dead as yet in numerical terms. There is no point to worry about Leclerc killing WCC chances, because if he is not that good today, he is not going to be much better next season either. Once Ferrari made that decision, now they have to face consequences of it. 

In Elkann's shoes I would say that Monza was a last race Kimi executed for Ferrari, and Leclerc should replace him in next race onwards. There is an old adage that surgical style cut is painful, but it is straight and it is effective.  

Either that or they might have decided to axe Kimi 1 race too early ?

I like Leclerc, in fact a big fan of him but mid-season change may be too much for a rookie to get on Ferrari - not sure. 

It will be our Friday by the time of the announcement but yeah, Hope it will be a good decision and favorable to many.

Say it aint so... Kimi to leave F1 at years end!? Obviously we all knew he'd stop eventually, but on his terms. This feels wrong. Leclerc is not ready. The stench of Marchionne remains. I don't enjoy that he passed away, but I loathed the guy. He was always the wrong choice to lead Fiat and Ferrari. The new guy I know nothing about, but already feel he's about as solid as Zak Brown. Good times ahead for sure.

I would have loved to have seen Kimi race for for RBR and Newey again, but it was never meant to be.

I haven't posted here in years and also have not changed my view that once Kimi leaves, I'm done with F1.

It's 6 September 2018, 14:06 (CEST) in Italy, and no official announcement on drivers. Kimi/Leclerc - just rumor at the moment.

Well, its late in Thursday, and it appears that Ferrari announcing their drivers line up is (probably) not going to happen today anymore.

Rumor after rumor, hard to separate these days facts and solid reporter's work from trash. 

Not sure of that, radical. I think there is a problem under surface brewing which may adversely affect championship. It might be because of what Marchionne has done and is contrary of what Arrivabene promised, who knows. I for one think Ferrari should rest Kimi, effective immediately. Kimi qualified well, but on the back - through streaming and sling shot- of Vettel's fast lap. That team's strategy p****ed Vettel. He has never critiqued his team in implicit terms, but this time he has. They cannot afford to fight in any other way but on the track. Problem is, strategy calls are part of it, and Ferrari is failing in that department. 

Elkann jumps the gun, congratulates Leclerc on Ferrari drive!

...on twitter.

Rumor: Kimi is in talks with a British team.

Which one? (McLaren, Williams..?)

If so, he should be really sidelined from 2019 development. His potential interference with Vettel is another area of concern.

It used to be time when I've enjoyed speculation about who goes to where, but this year is (for me) not only tiring, but mostly annoying. Maybe I am angry with myself for wasting time reading all that trash on internet that is changing from AM to PM one bad report after another.

I am disappointed with Kimi. Its almost like your best friend let you down, and now something broke, and I do not care where he goes or what he will do. In 2012 I was not surprised by Webber when he supported Alonso against his teammate, but Kimi..?

For some time I don't think there was a change in relationship between Seb and Kimi which began a week ago. I haven't sought explanation why it was (none of my business), but it was noted, when Kimi and Mintu got married at Abbey of San Galgano in Tuscany, I haven't seen Seb there among guests. Was it a snub to his friend? It was first time I have questioned depth of their friendship. Arrivabene and his wife were invited to a wedding, so Kimi is not mad at Ferrari, but obviously relationship between teammates cannot be idealized.

Ferrari's (new) boss was on the twitter already congratulating Leclerc. So, is he going to withdraw that offer? All of this looks like monumental internal fu***p, which looks terrible. I thought all was consequently decided, only what was missing is public announcement. Now, who knows. Looks like timing of their recent pitstops.

On 06/09/2018 at 11:54 AM, KoolMonkey said:

Say it aint so... Kimi to leave F1 at years end!? Obviously we all knew he'd stop eventually, but on his terms. This feels wrong. Leclerc is not ready. The stench of Marchionne remains. I don't enjoy that he passed away, but I loathed the guy. He was always the wrong choice to lead Fiat and Ferrari. The new guy I know nothing about, but already feel he's about as solid as Zak Brown. Good times ahead for sure.

I would have loved to have seen Kimi race for for RBR and Newey again, but it was never meant to be.

I haven't posted here in years and also have not changed my view that once Kimi leaves, I'm done with F1.

So MANY people in the KNOW
So MANY different VERSIONS of what IS happening

It probably aint so - Kimi to leave F1 at years end