Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2019 Silly season

Williams is reportedly hiring Kubica. IMO this stunt has earmarks of crying loud for attention. Does it make any sense to hire a guy who is driving disproportionally with one hand? Kvyat and other drivers meanwhile are available. Kvyat is Ferrari's test driver, but I am sure he could be released, if he could get job. Ocon is also available, and a few others sit on the sidelines. Admittedly not all of them want to drive for this particular British team in current situation, but I have difficulty with choice of a handicapped man as most suited driver for the racing job. I should add, that many years ago I've predicted that Kubica is finish in F1 as result of his accident. Well, looks like Williams decided to prove me wrong.

What does that say about challenge racing an F1 car is another thing. F1 will become probably laughing stock for other series.

I think Kvyat will end up in TorroRosso.

Kubica like i've been saying since the start of the season, has no business staying in F1. 

He should have the decency to just let the younger guys drive. He keeps on insisting himself.

1 day too old, 1 hair too thin and 1 hand too less.

Give us a break Kubica !

It's not clear why there is delay at Maranello on drivers announcement, one way or another. We all thought Monza was time to do that, but obviously something went wrong. 

On 9/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, Sakae said:

It's not clear why there is delay at Maranello on drivers announcement, one way or another. We all thought Monza was time to do that, but obviously something went wrong. 

It is a bad sign, isn't it. It could mean there is a power struggle going on behind the curtains. Ancient Rome revived in Maranello...

12 hours ago, Robert Rick said:

It is a bad sign, isn't it. It could mean there is a power struggle going on behind the curtains. Ancient Rome revived in Maranello...

Possibly lawyers, insurance agents, bookkeepers and signatures by big telephone numbers taking their usual precious time. I do suspect therefore that delay implies more action than simple extension of Kimi's contract. I should not exclude time Kimi needs to consult with his family about potential forthcoming changes, and how it will affect them. Hard to say. If he is leaving, I am hearing about more voices (from Italy) aligned with my opinion, that in Singapore Kimi should not drive Ferrari car, if Ferrari and Vettel are to salvage their season, or whatever is left of it.

BTW, it is public knowledge that Hinwil (Sauber headquarters) and Baar (canton of Zug where Raikonnen's house is) are about 50 km apart of each other, and both are located very near Zürich, where is all what one needs to live very decent life.

Well there you go. Kimi leaving Ferrari to Sauber.

At least he will still race in F1 and Sauber isn't all that bad a car now.

1 minute ago, radical-one said:

Well there you go. Kimi leaving Ferrari to Sauber.

Geez I've just finished my speculation.

Ferrari website

Maranello – Scuderia Ferrari announces that, at the end of the 2018 season, Kimi Raikkonen will step down from his current role.

I don't know what's going to happen now. Kimi help to build up Ferrari to the point where they are now, especially with his precise feedback

7 or more titles for Hamilton coming up

IMO it's too soon to understand plans Ferrari might harbor regarding drivers, but if (hypothetically speaking) Vettel will be asked to play subservient role to young Monégasque, that might end up not really well. Parity would be best, and let chips fall where they may.  

28 minutes ago, Sakae said:

IMO it's too soon to understand plans Ferrari might harbor regarding drivers, but if (hypothetically speaking) Vettel will be asked to play subservient role to young Monégasque, that might end up not really well. Parity would be best, and let chips fall where they may.  

The guy is too flippin young!!!

Ferrari need 2 strong capable drivers to beat the might/beast of Mercedes!!! Although Vettel is the benchmark of the grid and a proven winner, it will not be enough!!!

Leclerc could be another Massa or Rubens... the hype surrounding him could just be that, hype. He's not ready and he's too young. Ferrari have gone against every decision they have historically made in bringing in a driver who is not yet of full talent or skill. It isn't a test team, it's a team you need to already be at your best.

Vettel is top dog at Ferrari. Sad Kimi wasn't retained but also relieved he's still in F1. Sauber is a good option. Hinwil is only 50kms or so from Kimi's house.

The one thing that will break my heart is if he does not win a race this year before he leaves. Monza was his to win, shame the tyres and strategy to push and burn his tyres was put into effect.

Leclerc could be another Massa or Rubens... the hype surrounding him could just be that, hype. He's not ready and he's too young. Ferrari have gone against every decision they have historically made in bringing in a driver who is not yet of full talent or skill. It isn't a test team, it's a team you need to already be at your best.

Vettel is top dog at Ferrari. Sad Kimi wasn't retained but also relieved he's still in F1. Sauber is a good option. Hinwil is only 50kms or so from Kimi's house.

The one thing that will break my heart is if he does not win a race this year before he leaves. Monza was his to win, shame the tyres and strategy to push and burn his tyres was put into effect.

4 hours ago, radical-one said:

Now it IS a Ferrari !!! B team,  Alfa Romeo - Ferrari WITHOUT the prancing horse

Well, yeah, Ferrari's power plant is now respected, but fact is, IMHO most decisive force behind Sauber's revival is not their alleged legally unsupported role of a "B-team," whatever definition of that is, but it is placement of Frédéric Vasseur into team's leadership role. He will run in circles around people like Brown. Just check how many times he speaks, and compare it to others. The man is a man of action, shy of headlines, and strives on impactful decisions. Good stuff - so far.

Brundle: Kimi should have stepped aside (to avail a seat to young drivers)

It is not secret that Räikkönen and Brundle do not see eye-to-eye as so vividly demonstrated at Belgian GP this year.  I am not sure why Brundle feels that way about him, and not about some other drivers (Alonso, Button, and many more in the past).

Kvyat had a seat fitting at TR, yet he is officially listed as a test driver on Ferrari's web site, which begs a question, what does he do, that Scuderia is not concerned about him carrying internal secrets to their rival(s)?

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Great to see you checking in KM. Hope u'te going to stick around more.

Yes, I agree with your comments

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Kvyat had a seat fitting at TR, yet he is officially listed as a test driver on Ferrari's web site, which begs a question, what does he do, that Scuderia is not concerned about him carrying internal secrets to their rival(s)?

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Great q. I think he deserves another chance in F1 tho. 

9 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

. Sad Kimi wasn't retained but also relieved he's still in F1. Sauber is a good option. Hinwil is only 50kms or so from Kimi's house.

The only good thing to happen regarding the current Raikkonen situation. Good to see that he will still be on the grid.

15 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Now it IS a Ferrari !!! B team,  Alfa Romeo - Ferrari WITHOUT the prancing horse

:kicking: yep yep

17 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Great to see you checking in KM. Hope u'te going to stick around more.

Yes, I agree with your comments

Good to see you're still here too :)