Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 12 - F1 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix

RBR could be the team to watch.  Despite repeated several audits, Ferrari is rapidly becoming most scrutinized team on the grid. Whiting confirmed outcome of those audits - all is legal, however rivals aren't happy, and they want to search and search until something is found.

Ferrari has lost a friend, and the lead man. After disaster of last week nerves are probably stretched to their max. It is not going to be easy for Sebastian to wipe out 17 points deficit, as RBR is rising. 

A lot of drivers (16 or 17) were not confirmed in public for next year as far as I am aware. 

Fight goes on.

Future rules remain in fog.

Sebastian has a wish: drop battery, double cylinders. Problem solved. Sounds like a suggestion from a man who knows his job well. 

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

... and they want to search and search until something is found.

OR made-up
ANY deviation from,  standard behaviour and - CHEATS,  Ferrari ARE cheating - hung drawn and quartered; we KNEW it all along

35 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

When Merc has the best car, it's all legit

When Ferrari starts gaining, they are cheats

That's F1 fans for you

Ironically isn't the same logic applied to drivers by the same people? When Hamilton or Alonso win, its all due to driver's skills, whereas in contrast, when Vettel wins, it is only because he has vastly superior car.

I am on the internet for very long time, and when it dawn on me what's going on, I thought I must be misinterpreting some of those articles. Today I have no doubts at all that is a case. What is still continue to get me, that certain segment of media are complicit in that shameful charade, and there seems no one willing or able to do anything about it. Liberty today for example could talk to them first, and later perhaps suspend paddock entry licenses to BBC, Autosport and few others, until people begin to behave more evenly in their critique. If this is a global theater, behave then accordingly and cut out this narrow, ultranationalistic campaign, or get out and we get someone who can play more evenly. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Ironically isn't the same logic applied to drivers by the same people? When Hamilton or Alonso win, its all due to driver's skills, whereas in contrast, when Vettel wins, it is only because he has vastly superior car.

I am on the internet for very long time, and when it dawn on me what's going on, I thought I must be misinterpreting some of those articles. Today I have no doubts at all that is a case. What is still continue to get me, that certain segment of media are complicit in that shameful charade, and there seems no one willing or able to do anything about it. Liberty today for example could talk to them first, and later perhaps suspend paddock entry licenses to BBC, Autosport and few others, until people begin to behave more evenly in their critique. If this is a global theater, behave then accordingly and cut out this narrow, ultranationalistic campaign, or get out and we get someone who can play more evenly. 

And for one mistake last gp, now Vettel cannot drive in wets. Wow amazing. 

25 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

And for one mistake last gp, now Vettel cannot drive in wets. Wow amazing. 

Verstappen from all people was the one who said, that in those conditions what happened to Vettel could happen to any driver in the race. It left me feeling strange, since Verstappen and Vettel aren't exactly buddies.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

whereas in contrast, when Vettel wins, it is only because he has vastly superior car.

He DID have a vastly superior car drivin the RedBull.
Since his switch to Ferrari, NOT dominating the field any-more.
NOT setting,  Fastest lap after Fastest lap
When WERE his LAST pole ?? !!

22 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

He DID have a vastly superior car drivin the RedBull.
Since his switch to Ferrari, NOT dominating the field any-more.
NOT setting,  Fastest lap after Fastest lap
When WERE his LAST pole ?? !!

Its late, and I am not going to go into details, but lets say I do not agree with you. Vettel definitely didn't have vastly superior car, and during his tenure at RBR anyone could upgrade their car, and catch him if they could. McLaren was on the par, and there were others. Enough of false flags when Vettel is involved, please.

Much different from conditions in 2014 at MB, going onwards until this very day.

27 July 2018, 16:51 (CEST)

I don't like this track, and despite it is on the calendar for some time, I think it is a waste of a time-slot.  RBR, as predicted, is in the game. I do not want to however predict how they will do on Sunday. it would not be first time they fade on Saturday, after having promising Friday. 

6 cars have a serious chance. Sebastian seems to contain anger within well, and remains decent, as always.

Force India is in deep dodo-land. Why they did not remove that person sooner and waited until there is crisis is very hard to understand.

28 July 2018, 06:17 (CEST) - So, it did happen late last night. BBC was quoted that FI is in admin.

12 hours ago, Master of his game said:

I dont understand why there is no grid penalty for Vettel. Max blocking grosjean. That should have been a penalty right

U mean no grid penalty for MadMax? The Grosjean incident

19 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Merc still has the best car compared to Ferrari s best engine. 

Formula  1 IS a TEAM  sport.
NEITHER has the best DRIVER
There IS a difference between driver and pilot

Dry setup followed with parc ferme setup adjustment restriction does wonders for your rivals whose setup suits the weather in hand.

How much longer to Whiting's retirement? I can't wait.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

U mean no grid penalty for MadMax? The Grosjean incident

I am surprised that some fans still weren't aware there are some rules for Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen, and on parallel track other rules for rest of them. As in Chinese flexible law structure.

5 hours ago, Master of his game said:

The moment I hear penalty Vettel comes to my mind.  

Good one.  :lol:

I am hoping Seb will wash last two races off, and simply enjoys his holiday. 

Somebody needs to talk Bottas about destruction of red cars. By now he has done a lot of damage to both drivers.

I dozed off watching the race. 

It's good that they both have respect for each other . And I hope that Vettel comes out on top at the end of this. Let's see.

Happy birthday Fernando. 

As of today I think some of us cannot be blamed for thinking, that season finale might shape up like one in 2012.

Not a great race, Hamilton managed the race well BUT was also very lucky.

Vettel was very unlucky since without that problem at the pit stop he would have been ahead of Bottas and with fresher tyres he would have been able to push Hamilton. Some might argue that if he couldn't pass Bottas then he would have had problems passing Hamilton but there is a but, Bottas had nothing to lose (and he proved it beyond any reasonable doubt), Hamilton would have been more careful because he had many points to lose

Raikkonen looked fast but that was mostly because Bottas was holding up Vettel, in fairness they sacrificed his race with an early pit stop to force Bottas out of the way, but I have also heard that each Ferrari driver chose his own tyres and strategy after the installation lap

Ricciardo did well, as usual, it's a pity that he can't go to either Ferrari or Mercedes

Bottas, I'm ashamed for him, he deliberatedly slowed down to wait for Vettel after his pit stop, he was doing 1.23 with fresh tyres, as soon Vettel caught up with him he strated pushing in the mid 1:21, amazing! Or quite simply yesterday his only task was to hold up Vettel and he duly obliged, first by slowing down on purpose so that Vettel would catch him and then doing any trick to keep Vettel at bay. Besides that cannot be considered a fair fight as Vettel knew that as soon as he got near a Merc he would get some sort of penalty, Bottas on the other hand knew that even if he crashed into Vettel nothing would happen. And that is what we had to witness. I'm sorry but Bottas ramming into Vettel is not a racing accident, it would have been if he was alongside him but he was behind him, he did a kamikaze move, maybe he had some score to settle. Bottas was also debateable in his defence from Ricciardo, he knew that he had no grip and still he tried to resist him under braking. Again that is much worse in my book than what Kimi did to Hamilton a few races back, but Raikkonen was deemed some sort of bad sport crashing onto a Marcedes on purpose, I still haven't heard any comment from James Allison about yesterday's accident with Ricciardo :rolleyes:

Horner, I really think that the guy must learn some manners, calling for Abiteboul's apologies for Verstappen's engine failure was indecent, only RBR had some problems with the Renault engine, could it possibly be that RBR has some responsibility in that? I really feel for Honda next year, I think that they are going to regret working with RBR