Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 13 - F1 2018 Belgian Grand Prix

23 August 2018, 08:50 (CEST)

Vettel vs. Hamilton. There is nothing else, and any announcements regarding drivers will end up as a side distraction.

Interesting headline of this day: FI might not be allowed to race for some legal issues are not have been finalized.

I know for whom I am rooting. It was tight so far despite full of bad weather in wrong time, some erroneous call for setup, etc. Its time for mother luck to level playing field, or stay out of it altogether.

6 hours ago, radical-one said:

Force India to DNS 

Did Not start :swoon:

If they decide to pursue change of name which has broad ramification such as lost of points under FI name among others, and manage to complete the logging process under new name before Spa race, then they will be able to race.

Too many IFFs for my liking.

Good news is, there is a race.

Weather is again unpredictable, and as many times in the past through the seasons, best setup of a car on Saturday could be a dog on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Well I'm glad u back sir!

Attachment to racing is a habit hard to shake off. Trust me, I've tried several times in the past, and failed every time. My voluntary departure never lasted more than two weeks.

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

Attachment to racing is a habit hard to shake off. Trust me, I've tried several times in the past, and failed every time. My voluntary departure never lasted more than two weeks.

I can agree :P

Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel got his Belgian Grand Prix weekend to strong start, topping the timing screens at the end of the 9o-minutes session fastest of all, with the top five drivers separated by less than four-tenths of a second.

Seems like great potential for close racing, and IMO better than fixation on artificial battle between teammates. When in F1 history we would have such close racing? Anyone who complains has some other agenda on his mind.

SV might consider himself lucky that he survived hand Bottas dealt to him in FP3. It was looking frightening, and potentially life ending.

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

SV might consider himself lucky that he survived hand Bottas dealt to him in FP3. It was looking frightening, and potentially life ending.

What happened?

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

here

I find comments unbearable.

Contrary to self appointed "experts" at the microphone, later on:

1. Bottas admitted to an error on his part.

2. Stewards also assigned responsibility to Bottas for the incident. Punishment he received IMO is not enough, because he would have to start at the back anyway. There should have been 3 demerit points added to his rap sheet, and 5 sec added to his race finish time. Vettel certainly was treated much more harshly by the same FiA after just allegations that he blocked someone during (Q2) qualification (without actually affecting anything). Today SV had his car damaged. 

Just think what would have happened if instead Bottas there was Vettel in that car, and instead SV it was Hamilton.

On 24/08/2018 at 11:47 AM, Sakae said:

.............who complains has some other agenda on his mind.

Or HER mind

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Contrary to self appointed "experts" at the microphone, later on:

1. Bottas admitted to an error on his part.

2. Stewards also assigned responsibility to Bottas for the incident. Punishment he received IMO is not enough, because he would have to start at the back anyway. There should have been 3 demerit points added to his rap sheet, and 5 sec added to his race finish time. Vettel certainly was treated much more harshly by the same FiA after just allegations that he blocked someone during (Q2) qualification (without actually affecting anything). Today SV had his car damaged. 

Just think what would have happened if instead Bottas there was Vettel in that car, and instead SV it was Hamilton.

Were you bullied in school? 

43 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Vettel is s##t in the wet. Had the best car again and could not get pole. 

• Seb started his last (3rd) flying lap with low battery, as you can see from the pic, which explains why he didn't gain on Hamilton in S1. The most impressive thing is that with that set-up Seb lost only 0,4 in S2, as in dry conditions

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

This is what happens when there-'s no perspective and happens when morons comment.

Real peanutgallery stuff

:lol:

Coming from the nerd who thinks that Vettel is perfect in every way. Hamilton put a better lap together. Vettel's lap was average at best

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery. I suggest you stop posting on this issue to save you looking like a total d#ck

I think it is pointless to draw any judgement on a driver in those conditions. Far too many variables from drying track, to start of the flying lap etc. Conditions weren't the same from one car to another. Look at Kimi, who is pretty fast an this track, and look where he ended up, and I don't think its all his fault. I can understand that Vettel's detractors will milk the opportunity to max and beyond. Race is however later on, and that's what will count. There is not point to fight it.