Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Race 14 - F1 2018 Gran Premio Heineken d'Italia

MONZA - The Autodromo Nazionale Monza. "The Temple of Speed." 

After shock of yesterday it is back to work for teams. I can't verbalize my feelings about mid-season changes which will affect so many people at FI. What a farce. I am hoping (wishing) Alonso is tired enough of the F1, and after taking his flying lap in Spa, hopefully takes rest of the season off, making his seat available for someone else who will appreciate his participation more than Alonso does.

I don't want to jinx it...

Chances are good for a red squad, but there are too many variables involved to have any guarantees. I am hoping Vettel and Kimi aren't going again to execute flying lap on semi-wet track, whilst others on dry one. Forecast indicates potentially similar weather conditions as we had in Spa last weekend.

Williams: "I'd be surprised if Lance doesn't move to Force India"

WTH? We are less than a week from a race in Monza, and she still doesn't know who will drive her car (if LS leaves)? Is she being totally ignored? How about seat fitting for a substitute? Williams must be in real mess right now.

13 minutes ago, radical-one said:

1 - Kimi

2 - Seb

3 - Max

4 -Lewis

5- Dan

Brad also like Kimi. I used to cheer for him in his first run with Ferrari. I still like him, but right now he is too far back and Seb needs rear gunner. I have not really bother to analyze why Kimi is not closer to Seb. Occasionally he is just as fast.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Brad also like Kimi. I used to cheer for him in his first run with Ferrari. I still like him, but right now he is too far back and Seb needs rear gunner. I have not really bother to analyze why Kimi is not closer to Seb. Occasionally he is just as fast.

True

Might be biggest Kimi fan. But he had too many infortunate races this season and is too way back. He unfortunately has to support Vettel now.

I'm still hoping for a win this season for Kimi. He deserves it

What is Hamilton smoking???...

I mean...great driver... BUT

"The Brit now explains that while he's used to beating cars that are faster than him, he can't be expected to do so every race.

"But there is only a certain amount I can do - I can't always create miracles. "

He can't create miracles everyrace... I mean... WTF

Last weekend it was down to changing ambient conditions and each driver making his flying lap on different track surface. It was lottery time, as Wolff noted. Both red drivers got their timing fouled up, and could not execute last laps properly.

Seb has his work cut out for rest of the season; every race until the very end.

But I would pick Seb over Lewis to triumph when the going gets tough. Lewis folds like a girl under pressure and blames everyone and everything around him.

2018 will be Ferrari's year !

4 hours ago, radical-one said:

Hey Seb - I can forgive what happened during exhibition but  better not crash during the race :lol:

After Sebastian Vettel's awkward low-speed crash during the Milan demonstration the teams had, the German explained that while it was his fault, he was also driving in Kimi Raikkonen's car with his steering wheel. During the Wednesday demo in Milan, Vettel broke the front wing of his Ferrari by hitting a plastic barrier at low speed, as he ran wide in a tight corner. The car might have been liveried with his numbers, but Vettel revealed that it was actually Raikkonen's #7 car underneath, which has a few things differently set up. "I apologised," Vettel told Autosport. "I went with the car and steering wheel of Kimi, who had the clutch on the other side.

Yep that's why I can forgive him but never crash on the remaining races so Lewis won't win via luck yet again. 

FiA is playing with DRS zones. Their sudden concern about helping overtaking really smells bad. To me it rather looks like helping hand for Hamilton to catch Vettel.

Good old F1 with their tricks.

10 hours ago, Robert Rick said:

Looks like wet practice 1,2 and then dry qualifying and race.

world_image.png

Overcoming my ignorance of Scandinavian languages (Dutch?), it looks pretty much wet to me. I do not mind if Vettel goes against Hamilton on wet track, but results get distorted when someone executes his flying lap on wet or mostly wet, and his rival on mostly dry track surface. That's the problem.

Report on FP1

The skies opened up over the Autodromo Nazionale Monza on Friday morning of the Italian Grand Prix weekend, with the track thoroughly drenched ahead of FP1 with persistent rain falling.

It appears that Kimi used Vettel to slip stream on that fastest lap, which made all the difference on the finish line, and Seb was pretty pi***ed over it.  Slip streaming is normal, but not to sink your buddy. Delta on time between Kimi and Seb is not normal speed differential.

P2 is not too bad, but they both have to keep MB in check tomorrow, otherwise race will go in smoke for them.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It appears that Kimi used Vettel to slip stream on that fastest lap, which made all the difference on the finish line, and Seb was pretty pi***ed over it.  Slip streaming is normal, but not to sink your buddy. Delta on time between Kimi and Seb is not normal speed differential.

P2 is not too bad, but they both have to keep MB in check tomorrow, otherwise race will go in smoke for them.

Why did they let Kimi come up behind him. Ferrari need to ger their strat call correctly if they want to win the championships