Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Initial thoughts

Were it a racing incident, SHOULD Seb have been punished?
Hamilton pushed Seb ALL the way, could NOT pass him on track
Were the stewards right to apply a 5 second penalty?  
Rules R rules, racing is racing

No brainer. MV had a 5 sec penalty for the same thing last year with KR.

The rules clearly state that if you leave the track you cannot impede another car on rejoining the circuit.

If LH had not taken evasive action today SV could have been looking at 2 race ban for causing a major accident. 

No drama, just fair and reasonable application of the rules. Intent has NOTHING to do with the facts.

The red car did leave the track - the red car did impede on rejoining. Crystal clear

Does it really matter about the rule being abused or not. The REAL outcome of this stupidity is a great race totally ruined.....   I have been an F1 fan for as long as it has been on TV and becoming more and more frustrated by these rules to the point I CANCELLED my Foxtel sport pay to view tv straight after this debacle. I do not need the frustration at 72 yrs of age !!!!!!!!

F1 killed themselves by doing this.

I am so DONE with this BS F1.

Will cancel my Ticket reservations for Suzuka. Not worth my money.

FVCK F1 !

Hear what your saying mate .....  If this little episode of favoritism, to the point of ruining a great race does not spell the death nell of F1 than I do not know what will.  They have shot both barrels into both feet this time 

I miss the times during Senna etc when they go at it and not penalized for simple things like this. 

They favor Merc too much and not ashamed in showing it to the world !

**** F1 !!

For those of you who think this was the right decision by the stewards, go back and re-watch my favorite - Massa vs. Kubica at Fuji in 2007. In the downpour. They each broke several rules, but NOBODY protested or complained. Nobody remembers who won that race, but everybody remembers that short duel. It didn't even matter that Massa won it. It is now a classic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpQ-w6d6xU

yep remember that race... NOBODY complained because it was called RACING.  not bloody team principals ego destroying s##t..

Dosen't matter I have saved myself $29 / month by cancelling my floxtel sports package here in aus. I have been frustrated with F1 for way too long. Time to watch paint dry I think.....

On 10/06/2019 at 6:37 AM, radical-one said:

They favor Merc too much and not ashamed in showing it to the world !

Times HAVE changed, with Schumacher racing, it WERE Ferrari International Assistance FIA

If anybody thinks that the rule book is the same now as in 2007 or earlier, you are sadly mistaken. 

If LH had not breaked (very heavily) there would have have been an accident. Ergo, SV kept his place by leaving the track and impeding - I will say again - intent has nothing to do with it!!

On many occasions, we see drivers unintentionally lock up and miss a chicane or ut a corner and have to give up a place or suffer a penalty.

This was the same. SV left the track and could only maintain his position by impeding. 

If Ferrari, were not so incompetent, they would have recognised this as an unfair advantage (no matter how unintentional), asked SV to let LH past, then SV would surely have had the pace to catch and pass LH for the win outright. 

Just another combination of a SV mistake compounded by poor Ferarri management. Seems to be the story of the season.

Am I right in thinking that Kimi is still the last Ferarri champion and the last Ferrari race winner?

3 hours ago, DPR said:

If anybody thinks that the rule book is the same now as in 2007 or earlier, you are sadly mistaken. 

If LH had not breaked (very heavily) there would have have been an accident. Ergo, SV kept his place by leaving the track and impeding - I will say again - intent has nothing to do with it!!

On many occasions, we see drivers unintentionally lock up and miss a chicane or ut a corner and have to give up a place or suffer a penalty.

This was the same. SV left the track and could only maintain his position by impeding. 

If Ferrari, were not so incompetent, they would have recognised this as an unfair advantage (no matter how unintentional), asked SV to let LH past, then SV would surely have had the pace to catch and pass LH for the win outright. 

Just another combination of a SV mistake compounded by poor Ferarri management. Seems to be the story of the season.

Am I right in thinking that Kimi is still the last Ferarri champion and the last Ferrari race winner?

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/683005/Chandhok_calls_for_an_end_to_blame_game_antics/

http://scuderiafans.com/watch-hamilton-similar-block-sebastian-vettels-2016-without-penalty/

On 6/13/2019 at 11:18 PM, lipstick79 said:

Times HAVE changed, with Schumacher racing, it WERE Ferrari International Assistance FIA

True

On 6/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, rodders47 said:

yep remember that race... NOBODY complained because it was called RACING.  not bloody team principals ego destroying s##t..

Dosen't matter I have saved myself $29 / month by cancelling my floxtel sports package here in aus. I have been frustrated with F1 for way too long. Time to watch paint dry I think.....

Good for wallet.

I have cancelled my ticket reservation for Suzuka in October.

Will be cancelling my Skysports subscription next month.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, radical-one said:

Good for wallet.

I have cancelled my ticket reservation for Suzuka in October.

Will be cancelling my Skysports subscription next month.

I have done that and I must say I do not have any withdrawal symptoms  LOL

2 hours ago, rodders47 said:

I have done that and I must say I do not have any withdrawal symptoms  LOL

Good for you !

Me neither. i even feel relieved after cancelling my ticket reservations for Suzuka. :punk:

and after seeing this new debacle in .... Where was it place........... I am glad I have given up this circus to view

Am I missing something here ???? 
Like Alonso has won 2 GP titles ok but like does this make him the best driver in the world ?

>YES U R missing something.  
Alonso has PROVED himself to be, the best driver in the world 
MORE than ONCE
He IS a part of world history, for being the BEST in the world
MORE than once !! 
His opinion is VERY valid