Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

IGNORE

Interesting topic. What should we ignore? Perhaps Binotto's explanations of Ferrari's sudden lack of pace?

D/T 2019.11.16  08:03 (CET)

Ruslan, what happened to pursuit of the truth at any cost before this very public indictment of wrongdoing? It's too soon to talk about this weekend and how it will end for Ferrari, but expectations that Ferrari "owe" us any explanation for their performance seems rather strange. What happened to innovation which F1 was known for decades? Think about sequence of events; Ferrari performs, and FiA subsequently issued one or two TDs to put Ferrari back in their place. Now everyone is up and up that Ferrari broke those two directives (based on assumptions)? 

Mercedes enjoyed all kind of perks, all fully protected by FiA against competition (tokens, moratorium racket), and no one could do anything about it for past 5 years, and yet it was all good? I have read more complains against Ferrari in past two weeks than against cars Hamilton has to his disposition since intro of hybrids. How much scrutiny Mercedes received on their PU and fairness in path towards 2014 outcome? (Alleged cooperation with FiA on PU regulatory development since 2010.}  

Worry much that "invincibility" of Hamilton takes on some water through cracks in hype?

Well....lets see.....

1. Ferrari has a sudden performance increase in the middle of the season.

2. Specifically, it is a sudden burst in acceleration coming out of corners.

3. It is a significant leap in performance, as opposed to a more gradual development.

4. Mercedes researches how it might be done and passed that research to Red Bull.

5. Red Bull officially files for a rule clarification.

6. Suddenly that performance advantage goes away.

Now.....it is not known for certain as for obvious reasons Ferrari wants to keep what they were doing under wraps, but it does appear to be the case.

In the first 12 races of the season Ferrari had 3 poles, 3 fastest laps and no wins. Then for the next six races they had 6 poles, 2 fastest laps, and 3 wins. And then they suddenly lost pace at the U.S. GP (although they still got the fastest lap). If in the last two races of the year, they don't show the speed advantage that they had in races 13-18, then it is hard to argue that it was anything other than a clever "cheat."

I think Verstappen proved today what was and is until today denied to Vettel, namely, you can win a pole and possibly even a race without having a best car in the field. Races aren't won on straights, but in turns, Vettel's speciality in his time with RBR.

On 16/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, Sakae said:

I think Verstappen proved today what was and is until today denied to Vettel, namely, you can win a pole and possibly even a race without having a best car in the field. Races aren't won on straights, but in turns, Vettel's speciality in his time with RBR.

True Dat 

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Good to see my friend

Ah, thanks. I've angered some noble people, and send to wilderness, as you know probably by now. I still have access to just read a few pages (cannot contribute) over there, however it is obvious to me, that I would have left anyway.

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ah, thanks. I've angered some noble people, and send to wilderness, as you know probably by now. I still have access to just read a few pages (cannot contribute) over there, however it is obvious to me, that I would have left anyway.

Have a write up to do for Abu Dhabi, then I guess it toodles for me too. I seldom go there anyway

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Have a write up to do for Abu Dhabi, then I guess it toodles for me too. I seldom go there anyway

Well, good luck with that. It might take some effort on your part, if you want to do as detailed as some do over there.. 

Well, the write-ups over on that site are nice.

On the other hand....this site has the advantage/disadvantage that it is "very loosely" moderated. Actually, is there a moderator? 

Used to see listing of 3 names (long time ago). This site could be an opportunity to develop for a small community, if interestingly cultivated. Things go sideways once people play "know-it-all" and mark a team or a driver, as example, low life character (Vettel) in one case, low level criminal (M. Schumacher) in other case. That really happened. Interestingly enough both posters were British lawyers, as I understand their background. My protest didn't win me any friends there (2 different websites). 

Sakae, NOT 2 B derogatory.
Y R U limiting it 2 there (2 different websites).
That > didn't win U any friends
Just sayin

Not no means yes
> Don`t = not
Care about
>no government warnings = no (government warnings)
In turn,
Don`t care about no government warnings
Means that;
Do care about government warnings